Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

Subaru Reinvents Impreza WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy GT Wagon OBP 2005
Unhappy The Good/The Bad/The Ugly & The Updated

This is too reminisent of the 93 to 96 Civics and most recently the tear-drop shaped Civic. The rear of the car is smootly refined as the side body lines are what most of us love about the Imprezas versus anyother car. The front of the car leaves alot to be desired and or created by aftermarket manufacturers. With this design Subaru is at a crossroads, which was evedent also with the Tribeca redesign, either comtinue to make a great vehicle for a specific niche group or try to appeal to the mass majority. But as all good things are created all good things must come to an end, and in time new greater things will be created.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:46 AM

Car Info: Subaru wrx
I like the new model. I think we will grow to like it just like any other model of the Impreza. I remembered the 02 when it came out. Man that thing is ugly but when people started changing wheels and suspension it started to look really nice... hopefully the same happens to this one.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX
The new subi is trash period. done. I am over with it. They betray the true enthusiest for the mazda crowd.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
teh photochop reminds me too much of a peugot or a citroen. :cry:
Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by erikbrockhoff
The new subi is trash period. done. I am over with it. They betray the true enthusiest for the mazda crowd.
i said that with the 06 i said it was ugly

then i saw the zero sports kit on it

and wow i changed my tune

i agree that subaru is going after the mazda crowd and ailienating the hardcore subaru buyer

its a dangerous road look at jaguar they are about to go under
Old 07-30-2007, 09:05 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by Roundhead08
I like the new model. I think we will grow to like it just like any other model of the Impreza. I remembered the 02 when it came out. Man that thing is ugly but when people started changing wheels and suspension it started to look really nice... hopefully the same happens to this one.
well according to some reports, there will be a whole lot of suspension mods needed. In terms of drivetrain and handling, the configuration will cater to the casual everyday driver. Softer suspension, insane body roll and i think i heard no rear limited slip diff.

The good stuff will come for ppl buying the future Sti, which pretty much alienates the fanbase that subaru built up over the years starting with the '99 2.5RSs.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
So the intercooler flows about the same as the previous, yet the hood scoop has once again doubled in size to resemble a vacuum cleaner
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sport Wagon
I saw a trailer of 08 wrx sedans and hatchbacks this morning. I'm not impress at all.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX
Originally Posted by dankrouse
So the intercooler flows about the same as the previous, yet the hood scoop has once again doubled in size to resemble a vacuum cleaner
lol thats hella funny....i had the chance to wait for the 08s but once i saw it i didn;t like how they are going girly. they just don't look aggressive really and it sounds like they made they other stuff the deaelership said i would fall in love with the car when i saw it in person, but the more i see it in ads, it just looks uglier.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Subiechk
lol thats hella funny....i had the chance to wait for the 08s but once i saw it i didn;t like how they are going girly. they just don't look aggressive really and it sounds like they made they other stuff the deaelership said i would fall in love with the car when i saw it in person, but the more i see it in ads, it just looks uglier.
subiechk = subie chick and complaining its going girly haha

i drove it and saw it

drives great id wait for the STi
Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 00 Impreza Outback Sport
I have a 2001 Impreza Outback Sport wagon, and i say the design has never been better than that. But this is alright, kinda looks like a new focus, and the front looks like a Lexus. With body kits and wheels, these cars will be sick! Can't wait. Mine is gonna kick *** when it's done. Like no other.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 AM

Car Info: elcipse please dont make fun... thank you
Originally Posted by Imprezer
And more...
I LOVE THE A/V INPUTS !!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I cant wait to see one in person. The STi Hatch will be nice. Just depends on the aftermarket mods that will be available.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
y do subaru taillights keep getting worse and worse!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 AM

Car Info: 05' STI
Thumbs down

NOT a fan of it =( its sooo ugly!! Subaru needs to higher a better designer..i've seen better looking subarus from people using computer designer software...:damnit:

Quick Reply: Subaru Reinvents Impreza WRX