Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

Operation I-Club Care Package is a major success!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:29 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Operation I-Club Care Package is a major success!

As most of you may know, Paul (Oaf) and I wanted to give something back to those who have given so much. We began by donating to www.adoptasniper.org and decided that wasn't enough. Paul contacted me in order to find a personal contact of mine who is currently on deployment. He then explained how he was planning to send a care package as a project for him and his five year old son, Max. After further consideration we decided to make it an I-Club effort for added support (see original thread). As a result, I-Club’s members, along with other outside sources, managed to contribute a whopping $958.00 worth of donations over the last month.

The recipient of the package is a friend of mine from 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) who is currently stationed in Iraq along with the rest of his Military Intelligence and A-Team counterparts. He has disbursed the contents of the package evenly among the lowest ranking privates to the highest ranking team sergeants. Among the items was a special flag given from Paul to his son in celebration of his birthday, June 14, 1999, Flag Day. Before mailing this flag to Charlie in Iraq, it was flown over the Nation's Capitol on June 14th, 2001, and every year since at Paul's residence. This time the flag was raised in Iraq on November 11th, 2004, Veteran's Day. This was a great honor for Paul, a Veteran, and for his young son, Max, who will undoubtedly appreciate and respect this wonderful act.

I also asked Charlie to take some pictures to help represent I-Club and he kindly accepted. He did, however, have difficulty getting a picture without the decal's white backing because of the Command Sergeant Major’s presence. He promised to get some better shots in the future when he wasn't in the motor pool and I’ll be sure to post them.

Finally, Charlie sent a letter on behalf of the Soldiers from 5th SFG (A):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Charlie
To Paul & the members of I-club:

My name is Charlie {name withheld}. I am a Captain with the 5th Special Forces Group in Iraq, where I command a Detachment. As the beneficiaries of your very generous care package campaign, my Soldiers and I wish to send back a heartfelt “thank you.”

Things are going well for us now. We have air conditioning, running water, and good food. We all live in small trailers now instead of the large tents that we had at the beginning. I have good soldiers working for me and I work for some outstanding leaders. The weather is even starting to cooperate lately; the dust storms aren’t as bad as they used to be and it’s even rained once or twice. Most importantly, we are almost done with our tour in Iraq. Although we know we’ve been doing an important job over here, it will be nice to get back to our families and homes.

Now that the weather is clearing up, I will be able to take some pictures featuring the I-Club stickers you (sent) me, which I will send electronically in case you want to post them on your web site. Thanks again for the packages. Support from home is what keeps Soldiers going.

Sincerely,
(Signed name)

Charles XXXXX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission accomplished for I-Club!

I would like to thank everyone that supported the care package idea and especially those that contributed to this cause. You should be proud that you helped support the troops in such hard times.

Thanks again,

Eric (Salty) & Paul (Oaf)
Attached Thumbnails Operation I-Club Care Package is a major success!-carepackage3.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin M; 11-16-2004 at 10:37 PM. Reason: borked linkage action
Old 11-16-2004, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
awesome cannt wait to see so more pictures...

edgar,
Old 11-16-2004, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Here's a photo of soldiers from the 5th SFG (A) raising Paul’s flag.

Name:  nofacesflagraising.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  169.8 KB

Some men from the MI counterpart holding their colors.

Name:  nofaces5thmid.jpg
Size:  41.3 KB

A close-up shot of an Iraqi Mig cockpit and vehicle

Name:  carepackage2mig.jpg
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  carepackage1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  54.2 KB

More photos will be posted as I receive them
Old 11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
sweet! I-club sticker overseas..
Old 11-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Great job guys.

Thank you for setting this up.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:21 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Thanks to Salty for the contact.
Thanks to Imprezer for the stickers.

But the biggest thanks goes to all of i-club members & others that participated. Without your donations, none of this would have been possible.

Paul
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2003 Black Subaru WRX
Thumbs up

Man, you guys rock. I am currently deployed in Kosovo and just bought some parts for my subby and decided to see what you guys were up to and saw this. Care packages rock when your on deployment and nobody deserves them more than the good folks in iraq. This thread has definately made my day. Keep up the good work guys and thanks for looking out for the troops.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Wagon Ltd.
Talking

This is awesome!! I am in the Air Force and I know what it means to get something cool like this from the people at home!!!

Super
Old 11-21-2004, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
That was a nice thing for you guys to do. I will be over there next year in a chopper. Those guys need our "death from above" when they are in harms way.

Thanks guys for looking out for the ones on the front!

Warrant Officer "BADWRX"
Aviation Branch
United States Army
Old 11-24-2004, 05:40 PM

Car Info: NONE
wow, I'm just now seeing this.

any plans to do this again?
Old 11-26-2004, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BrianH
wow, I'm just now seeing this.

any plans to do this again?

It all depends on I-Club member interest and willingness.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:13 PM

I'm in, and I'll be more than happy to spam it.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BrianH
I'm in, and I'll be more than happy to spam it.
Great!

I plan on starting another package on Jan. 1st.

See thread: https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/u-s-airborne-troops-head-iraq-major-buildup-81593/
Old 12-03-2004, 09:43 PM

pimpin, i'll be in on this one and I've started one for some of the midwest crew over on nasioc.

http://forums.NASIOC.com/forums/show...14#post8276214

Quick Reply: Operation I-Club Care Package is a major success!