Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

New MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Old 06-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Car Info: POS
looks good, but it would still need a new bumber because the center piece is actually part of the bumper. A new grill is easy I wouldn't want to buy a $30,000 and have to pay for a ne grill and bumper.

Looking at you new picture would require a new hood as well. I really doubt Subaru will change the design like they did for the 04/05 models because they are going for this look on all their cars.

Whoa, just realized you smoothed out the bumber and that doesn't look good.

Last edited by silentbob343; 06-04-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
If these public opinion, design analogies of the new STI are any indication of the future of the WRX/STI this is a sad day for the Impreza line of cars.

First a comparison to a Pontiac Gran Prix? (Personally I see no resemblance) now a comparison to the new Mitsu- eclipse (puke).

I think I'll wait till I see it first hand- Then get a Legacy GT...

my 2 cents
Old 06-04-2005, 10:48 AM

on nasioc it was compared to the mecury cougar
Old 06-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 04 rally blue wrx sedan
I like the lights, makes the Suby look mean. The 3-piece grill isn't too hot, if it was 1-piece the front would look awesome. I'm not too sure about the mini spoiler on the roof, looks like Subarus response to the EVO's sonic the hedgehog shark's fins.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 04 rally blue wrx sedan
After looking at all the pics on the front page of this thread it appears that Subaru is trying to make the car look more like an EVO. The front lights are slimmer, the grill is triangular in the center, the rear tail lights look like the crappy EVo's, the rear roof spoiler is a similiar idea to that of the MR's, and the rear wing appears to be contoured to the shape of the rear windshield as opposed to being rectangular like previous models.

I'd rather buy an EVO and get an iron block, forged internals, and twin scroll turbo.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:45 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by camcinoz
have a whinge. if u dont like it go buy somethin else.
the car looks good. the design is far and away more refined than anythin before it. hopefully that'll flow on to better ride qualtity, interior, noise dampening etc.
subaru will finally have the whole package instead of just good performance. cant wait for the wagon.
Thats exactly why i'm probably going to get the '05 at invoice...

ANYTHING before it? Even the GC8? really? I think the GC8 is the best looking sti out of all, but of course the car didn't come out here so that is sorta moot... For me its not so much the fact i like it or not. Its more of "why did they have to do that to the tail lights or why did they tack on that extra wing.. plus the front sorta looks like a pig... a pig with a facelift.. Maybe i got too attached to the old style...

Tim
Old 06-05-2005, 07:20 AM

If the extra wing serves a real purpose, which I'm sure it does, i'm all for it and it doesn't hurt the car. The pig snout/alfa-crap is the worst part of it, IMO.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
Any pics of the interior?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:11 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
actually, i'd like to see the interior too... But from what i can see of the seats, they look similar...

The wing might serve an extra purpose, but why the "add-on" look? It looks tacky.. Literally like somebody just tacked the thing on to the roof. WIth all of the hood scoop and huge wing, it just looks like a "band-aid".. It looks like the top deck spoiler that might go on the roof of an impreza wagon..

Tim

Last edited by samurai; 06-05-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Man you guys are the biggest group of crying vaginas that I have ever seen! The new STi looks great. As soon as I can I'm going to pick one up. All of you who keep comparing the roof wing to the EVO MR's "Vortex Generators" are forgetting that both serve a purpose. There is generally a few right ways of doing something to improve performance. I'm sure that Subaru has various things that they are improving in every model this roof wing may just be one of them. The Impreza wagon has had a roof wing on it for years. If you don't like it don't get the car. Everyone may not have realized this, but the IMPREZA IS NOT A PRETTY CAR. It never has been. Every review of it calls it ugly. The Impreza is brute power. If you want something pretty in the Subaru family go for a Legacy. I think this Impreza almost looks too nice. I'm sure there are lots of improvements that we'll find out about soon. If all of you guys want evo's so bad go get one. I'll be laughing my *** off everytime I smoke one of you.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:11 PM

I think pictures don´t make justice to the actual cars. Cars look so much better in person. These shots show a better angle of the car
Attached Thumbnails New MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi-subaru200710.jpg   New MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi-subaru200709.jpg  
Old 06-06-2005, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by keirnna
IMPREZA IS NOT A PRETTY CAR. It never has been. Every review of it calls it ugly. The Impreza is brute power.

LOL…yeah brute power. I'm quite sure that "brute power" is not Subaru's purpose with the WRX /STi. I don't think any car is “pretty”, but I do think some cars a good looking and this one, while not ugly, isn't as good looking as the pervious generations. No, the impreza is not supposed to look like a typical "sports car" as it started out as a little econobox, but that doesn't mean a pig snout is ok. Get rid of the Alfa snout and I’d support this redesign100%. I hate stupid brand identity BS that car companies are moving towards. I don’t want my car to look like all the other cars from a particular manufacturer.

I don't mind the new spoiler because I’m sure it helps increase down force so I agree with you that whining about it is silly, but you have people buying STis and swapping trunks with WRXs so go figure.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 1995 Imreza Wagon L
Do you think Subaru is reading any of this? Do they have marketing people who browse diff forums to gauge the public's reaction?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi