i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/)
-   -   Color Scheme (https://www.i-club.com/forums/latest-i-club-reviews-features-articles-74/color-scheme-3463/)

Imprezer 12-19-2002 01:20 AM

Color Scheme

What do you guys think of the hew color scheme?

bluepearlej20 12-19-2002 01:54 AM

not bad at all, i like the darker color, because it's less strain to the eyes haha.

Darby 12-19-2002 04:52 AM

i think it's good the way it is. it's not like anything crazy is needed...it's easy on the eyes, and in my opinion looks good.

flanagan 12-19-2002 09:37 AM

My only gripe is you changed the page background from #CCCCCC to #FFFFFF and none of my logos match anymore! :D

I've been a fan of the pink and gray from the beginning, looking good, Alex.

Sean

1.8L 12-19-2002 12:15 PM

Hello,

I like everything except now the white background is too contrasted with everything else and is distracting. The grey stuff is fine. It's the white border. Sheesh, I'm having trouble typing this because my eyes keep getting distracted. :)

Joel

Shifty 12-19-2002 12:56 PM

Ya, drop the white background...too harsh. Everything else looks good. I like the new homepage setup. Keep up the goodwork son.

BlueGargantua 12-19-2002 12:58 PM

I like it,,,,,,,,,,but I do agree with Joel.. I wear glasses to boot

Mach5WRX 12-19-2002 01:05 PM

I like the Grey! It's easy on the eyes.

Jay02wrx 12-19-2002 01:43 PM

Looks good, nice and easy on the eyes. Thanks

wrx_02_227 12-19-2002 04:22 PM

I like the STi pink, hate the white background. Maybe a light grey background with the boxes white and the text black.

Unregistered 12-19-2002 04:31 PM

I really don't have a problem with the color sheme all that much but the logo has to go. I also don't like where you put the newest post thing you should shorten it and put it on the right. Just my 2 cents worth. Besides that keep the work up :)

inthedeck 12-19-2002 04:43 PM

my $0.02...

I like the color scheme, but I think that you should use a little more pink, rather than the dark color for the base. Then, outline everything in black...because the words around the control panel are a little too hard to read, especially on larger resolutions (smaller text size).

The white -- well, it makes it hard to read the black lettering as well, it's like the black is too bright (is that possible even?)

Other than that, thanks to whomever the web guy is, for fixing an issue I had the other day.

later,
i.

david2z4 12-19-2002 06:57 PM

Since you whitened up the boarder the 5/8 white boarder hurts my eyes.

Can you make the gray portion of the board wider?

zeta 12-19-2002 10:54 PM

As far as contrast is concerned black and yellow have the best contrast but are not necessarily the best for reading. It may bug out yer eyes over time. I've never been too fond of pink, however since STi uses it maybe its ok.

If the white background was replaced with black, the grey would seem to be brighter and possibly provide more of a contrast with the black text. Personally I think it would look good and read well. The grey right now tends to slightly blend in with the text and make it harsh on the eyes after reading post for more than 20 minutes, the reason why is contrast and the fact that you're straining your eyes.

Maybe if all of the user names and info where in pink (or user defined) it could add some color and brighten it up.

C

live311 12-20-2002 08:08 PM

I don't like this color scheme. It's dark, dreary, and depressing. I would like something a little brighter and cheerier, like the blue and yellow, but applied differently than the other site to maintain some originality.