i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Interior, Exterior & Lighting (https://www.i-club.com/forums/interior-exterior-lighting-69/)
-   -   Wants BRIGHTER headlights, what do u recommend? HID? regular (https://www.i-club.com/forums/interior-exterior-lighting-69/wants-brighter-headlights-what-do-u-recommend-hid-regular-194160/)

thunder222 11-04-2008 11:08 AM

Wants BRIGHTER headlights, what do u recommend? HID? regular

Hi all,
Right now I'm using the stock headlights in my 02 wrx and i want something a lot brighter.. which non-hid lights do u recommend? My budget is about $100 a little more or less. I want white light or blueish white light.. i tend to drive through the dark mountains and snow so it'd be nice to be able to see further away besides just using the hi-beams.

Or do u recommend just getting a plug n play HID kit?

Which brands do u recommend for either hid or non hid bulbs? Thanks! I hope 2 get them soon.

ryball 11-04-2008 11:38 AM

Blue-ish is not brighter. Here is a good resource:

[url]http://www.danielsternlighting.com/[/url]

Daniel is very helpful and responsive if you email him with questions.

[QUOTE=Daniel]The best 9007 bulbs presently on the market are the GE Night Hawk 9007NH
(Wal-Mart stocks these) and the Philips VisionPlus 9007VP. Avoid Sylvania
Silverstar/Ultra, Wagner TruView, PIAA, and all other brands of blue-glass
"extra white" bulbs. They are a scam; despite the advertising hype, they
significantly reduce headlamp performance rather than increasing it.[/QUOTE]

I have tried both the Nighthawks and the VisionPlus. The Nighthawks are nice and bright. Do NOT go HID in the stock reflectors. You will be shooting light all over the place.

Dans Rex 11-05-2008 11:39 PM

I was going to buy the HID kit from wheeldude.com
I was thinkin of going somewhere between 6000-8000k temp just cuz they say it gives it a blue-ish color to it and its most likely d**n bright!
Plus wheeldude is in the bay area so if the lights break for some reason, their really close by

Irish_car_B0mb 11-05-2008 11:42 PM

If you wanna stay with yoru stock set up cuz hid can be expensive.

PIAA has a DOT light that is insanely bright. its the brightest and whitest you can get and still not get any **** from the cops. i have gotten nailed for them before but i keep the little thing instructions it comes with that says they are DOT approved.

Irish_car_B0mb 11-05-2008 11:45 PM

wait wait wait...hold on a sec

thunder222
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Drives : looking!

over a year and a half and that is your first post? :confused:

JasaJin 11-05-2008 11:48 PM

How much work is it to install the xenon kit?

Irish_car_B0mb 11-05-2008 11:50 PM

its a little bit of a pain in the ass. mainly its just expensive if you buy a quality product. plus you gotta get the leveler switch hooked in or you will blind everyone

JasaJin 11-06-2008 12:08 AM

eehh, so i'm better off doing some nice bulbs then?

Irish_car_B0mb 11-08-2008 01:01 PM

I'm telling you the PIAAs are amazing. they have diff colors too but i wanted the whitest and brightest i could get. i tried to take a pic but my camera sucks and it doesnt do it justice

wrxisthebest 11-08-2008 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=JasaJin;2393147]eehh, so i'm better off doing some nice bulbs then?[/QUOTE]

u have an sti.. y do u need to change?? u have HID's

Irish_car_B0mb 11-08-2008 01:18 PM

my comment was for the OP not jasajin. jasa stay with your HID's or trade me if you want regular. :lol:

JasaJin 11-09-2008 09:30 PM

Sorry never saw the replys :P

I know I have HID. I was curious if there was something brighter?? :D

Like changing the bulb maybe to something BRIGHT, I want to blind all the cops

Irish_car_B0mb 11-09-2008 09:38 PM

i am sure you can get brighter, but i think you are on top of how bright you can go.

JasaJin 11-09-2008 09:43 PM

oh well :P

I still need to do something about painting the inside of my lights to black. The housing that is..

Irish_car_B0mb 11-09-2008 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=JasaJin;2399401]oh well :P

I still need to do something about painting the inside of my lights to black. The housing that is..[/QUOTE]

you know how to do that. i nabisco has a write up but i have some hints that might make it go a bit quicker for you. let me know