i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Interior, Exterior & Lighting (https://www.i-club.com/forums/interior-exterior-lighting-69/)
-   -   Seats - STI or Sparco?? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/interior-exterior-lighting-69/seats-sti-sparco-16440/)

spectra 04-23-2003 01:41 AM

Seats - STI or Sparco??

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking getting some new seats for my Blue WRX. I am trying to pick between STI front & rear seats and Sparco Torino front seats then I would get my back seats covered in the same black fabric. I don't know how good the STI seats are compared to the Sparco seats. I want a great race seat but I am worried that the STI seats are more for comfort and not race compared to the Sparco Torino. Please give me your input on this and let me know what you like best.

bigsexyy81 04-23-2003 12:55 PM

Sti.

WuWrx 04-24-2003 02:38 AM

i vote for sti

spectra 04-24-2003 08:18 AM

So are the STI front seats more for comfort then the Sparco or are they just as much for racing as the Sparco seats are? I know that the Sparco seats are great for racing they really keep you in the seat with out slinging you from side to side on sharp turns but I have never sat in the STI seats. How do they feel? Do they keep you in the seat on sharp turn? The performance of the seats in hard cornering will be my deciding factor. I like the look of the STI seats but I want the seats to work great and not just look good.

killaho 04-24-2003 02:40 PM

i ran torinos in my crx. They are one of the best seats ive ever sat in. Comfy with adjustable back and they hold you in nice. I'd go with those.

killaho 04-24-2003 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
found a pic...

surfertech 04-24-2003 08:50 PM

man i love the feel of the wrx seat. it keeps you in and is comfy so im guessin the sti seat will be much better. plus racing seats hurt after awhile.

forcefed 05-04-2003 10:11 AM

Get the STI, I have a silver WRX, do they come in solid black? I've only seen black and blue. Compared to any other stock seats I've had the WRX are best.

TypeRex 05-13-2003 07:19 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spectra [/i]
[B]So are the STI front seats more for comfort then the Sparco or are they just as much for racing as the Sparco seats are? I know that the Sparco seats are great for racing they really keep you in the seat with out slinging you from side to side on sharp turns but I have never sat in the STI seats. How do they feel? Do they keep you in the seat on sharp turn? The performance of the seats in hard cornering will be my deciding factor. I like the look of the STI seats but I want the seats to work great and not just look good. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I would like to know. Also, do the STi seats bolt right in? From what I've heard the Sparcos aren't so easy to install.

GDA02 05-14-2003 08:42 PM

RECARO SRD!!!!

Cycloexane 05-15-2003 12:03 PM

you find sparcos in some lame ass cars... like crxs and integras, where the only mods they have are seats and nitrous.

id go with sti, since theyre more unique.

mysubaruimp 05-15-2003 07:38 PM

sti

95imp22 05-18-2003 08:16 PM

the sti's look better and may be a good compomise between comfort and performance. but, the sparcos may be safer, since they have dual seatback locks, I'm not sure if the sti's have dual locking mechanisms. The dual locks are safer if the unthinkable may occure. also if you run racing or sport harnesses and or an aftermarket wheel I would trust the sparco's.