i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   i-Club Announcements (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/)
-   -   Regional Sections - Vote for or against current layout (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/regional-sections-vote-against-current-layout-164220/)

charlesj 06-01-2007 07:22 AM

Regional Sections - Vote for or against current layout

Here is your chance to vote on if you prefer the regional sections as they are now taking up less space or the previous way fully expanded. This is only for the regional sections.

Keep in mind the standard complaint we have received is that there is an extra click to get into a specific region. This is NOT true. You can click on your region straight in the list in condensed view

Ace 06-01-2007 07:55 AM

it's confusing condensed to much thinkin involved imo

jvick125 06-01-2007 08:08 AM

It's not bad, I retract my vote. It's fine the way it is, just threw me off a bit. I liked it when the Legacy and Forester threads were expanded.

charlesj 06-01-2007 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=jvick125;1877900]It's not bad, I retract my vote. It's fine the way it is, just threw me off a bit. I liked it when the Legacy and Forester threads were expanded.[/QUOTE]

Off the topic, but what do you mean as there are no subforums to those sections, so nothing to expand?

Tele-Viper 06-01-2007 09:24 AM

Put it back to the way it was...along with the vendor forum too.

Egan 06-01-2007 09:27 AM

Where's the option for "compress it even more"? :p

I like the compressed scheme - it gives the site a more professional and clean look, yet still leaving the regionals one click away as before.

sigma pi 06-01-2007 09:44 AM

yeah the salty option of compress more

charlesj 06-01-2007 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Tele-Viper;1877987]Put it back to the way it was...along with the vendor forum too.[/QUOTE]

What do you mena by the vendor forums...they are expanded. Unless you mean the classifieds. Previously there was only one lumped section. Now there are many so you can find exactly what you are looking for and the vendors can offer more deals. This has never been expanded before and would take up too much room to expand it all out.

pozzi 06-01-2007 11:12 AM

just bookmark your favorite region...i haven't clicked thru to the Sac area forum in i don't remember how long.

Egan 06-01-2007 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=pozzi;1878133]just bookmark your favorite region...i haven't clicked thru to the Sac area forum in i don't remember how long.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed things had changed until someone complained. I use the "User CP" and "New Posts" links at the top of the page 99% of the time.

pozzi 06-01-2007 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=Egan;1878144]To be honest, I hadn't even noticed things had changed until someone complained. I use the "User CP" and "New Posts" links at the top of the page 99% of the time.[/QUOTE]
yup...user CP > subscribed forums

i didn't notice anything until now when i checked either.

even if i start typing i-club in the address bar, i just scroll down to the php?=116 which brings up SRiC. :D

charlesj 06-01-2007 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=pozzi;1878133]just bookmark your favorite region...i haven't clicked thru to the Sac area forum in i don't remember how long.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely welcome to be active anywhere you want as all our members are valued, however we would love to see some of you that stick to the regionals come out and join the discussions in other areas as well to balance things out a bit.

Tele-Viper 06-01-2007 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=charlesj;1878073]What do you mena by the vendor forums...they are expanded. Unless you mean the classifieds. Previously there was only one lumped section. Now there are many so you can find exactly what you are looking for and the vendors can offer more deals. This has never been expanded before and would take up too much room to expand it all out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes I meant the vendor section under classifieds. It's just a personal preference, I like to just click once rather then going to each sub catagory. You can still find what you are looking for if the titles the vendors put are desciptive. But, if it's a size thing then do what you must... I just never thought it was a problem the old way.

charlesj 06-01-2007 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=Tele-Viper;1878242]Sorry, yes I meant the vendor section under classifieds. It's just a personal preference, I like to just click once rather then going to each sub catagory. You can still find what you are looking for if the titles the vendors put are desciptive. But, if it's a size thing then do what you must... I just never thought it was a problem the old way.[/QUOTE]

There is still only one click no different then iff it were expanded. When you view it from the main forum index, you see a list of subcategories. Just click directly on the subcategory. From a clicking standpoint there is no difference between condensed and expanded as the names are not hidden

On another note, this pole will be up for a week, but i can already see where its going.....

sigma pi 06-01-2007 02:26 PM

sweet!

=26 > all others