i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   i-Club Announcements (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/)
-   -   I-Club Site Update (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/i-club-site-update-160845/)

spt 04-11-2007 01:07 PM

I-Club Site Update

Hello,

I have a couple of announcements but first let me introduce myself:

As most of you have heard from Alex's announcement ([url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/announcement.php?f=156&announcementid=31[/url]), I-Club has now merged with our network. I wanted to take the time to introduce myself so everyone knows who I am.

My name is Ali and some of you may know me as "spt" from Evolutionm.net. I'm really excited about this merger because I have been a long time Subaru enthusiast and a long time I-Club fan. I-Club was the first community forum I ever signed up for and always enjoyed the atmosphere here. I look forwarded to becoming more active and getting to know most of you.

Now with this merger will bring some changes to the site but not too many. I feel that the basis of this site is fine the way it is but I do think some new features would be nice to add. One thing I do want to mention is, I-Club will have a new 2006 STI as its project car. We initially bought the car for our sister site ([url]www.subytech.com[/url]), but after this merger we decided to bring the car to I-Club. We have some big plans for the STI, which will mean more article features that will include product reviews and more.

Other plans are in the works and will be announced as we are ready to launch them.

I also wanted to give everyone a heads up that the site will be going through software updates and a server move in the next week or so. Some features (VbGarage, ReviewPost, and Image Gallery) may be temporarily down during this transition. I will do my best to bring everything up as soon as possible. I will also make sure to do this durning off peak times so the downtime won't be a big impact to most of you.

Finally I want to mention that if anyone has any ideas to help make I-Club a better site then it already is, please make sure to start a thread about it in our Feedback section. This is community for all of us and as members of this community we should all try to work together to make it a great place.

Again I'm really excited to be part of I-Club and I'm hoping we can all work together to build a very strong community.

Thanks
Ali

sigma pi 04-11-2007 01:21 PM

I am excited :)

and can we keep the car at my house?

platypus 04-11-2007 02:12 PM

woo woo! let's make things better!

pwargcm 04-11-2007 02:43 PM

is there going to be a thorough walkthrough the projects cars mods? if so im looking foward to it. i love reading and looking at things that are done well on cars.

oh well. should change for the better.

spt 04-11-2007 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=pwargcm]is there going to be a thorough walkthrough the projects cars mods? if so im looking foward to it. i love reading and looking at things that are done well on cars.

oh well. should change for the better.[/QUOTE]

Yes of course. Everything will be documented through each stage.

yayitzian 04-11-2007 04:25 PM

ahhh that's why iclub email announcements are sent from boostlabs now. cool!

ipozestu 04-11-2007 04:42 PM

spt welcome, glad to see a new face at the helm. I think we may need to talk soon about the annual meet. As a matter of fact I am currently polling to have the name changed. I for one am a huge fan of i-club. For the longest time all of these subdivisons have gone on their own attched to a board with no real concensus of a club. I look forward to bringing all of the entities under one banner. I also look forward to club sponsored events. In the past very little if any of the profits this board make have been given back. This board relies on it's members. Member which have a passion for their cars, hobbies, and friends all of which can be seen on this board. For many this is their life.

spt 04-11-2007 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]spt welcome, glad to see a new face at the helm. I think we may need to talk soon about the annual meet. As a matter of fact I am currently polling to have the name changed. I for one am a huge fan of i-club. For the longest time all of these subdivisons have gone on their own attched to a board with no real concensus of a club. I look forward to bringing all of the entities under one banner. I also look forward to club sponsored events. In the past very little if any of the profits this board make have been given back. This board relies on it's members. Member which have a passion for their cars, hobbies, and friends all of which can be seen on this board. For many this is their life.[/QUOTE]

I understand. My plan is to have more events held and to start improving the site on and off line. For one I am holding a time attack event for Evo's, STI's, & GTR's (more info here: [url]http://2007.tunershootout.com/2007.htm[/url]). Other items I'm looking to plan is a national meet. These are just some of things to look for down the road.

Right now, however, I have my plate full trying to get things reorganized with the site. Once I can get things a little more stable, I would really be interested in discussing more about organizing meets, etc.

ipozestu 04-11-2007 04:57 PM

Our annual meet is right around the corner. Daniel may have discussed some of this with you. Location is top priority, I am working on vendors, events, sponsors, ect. It won't be long unti you hear my pitch.
Late,
Jeff

lovesmysuby04 04-11-2007 05:09 PM

Big suby meet, where?

ipozestu 04-11-2007 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=lovesmysuby04]Big suby meet, where?[/QUOTE]
The BAIC has put on, the quite possibly, the largest annual meet of Subarus for years. I say quite possibly because there has never been a real count provided from the other meets. We get 400+ cars and 600+ people just from the the Bay area alone. Stay tuned for details.

Zoeb2s 04-11-2007 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]The BAIC has put on, the quite possibly, the largest annual meet of Subarus for years. I say quite possibly because there has never been a real count provided from the other meets. We get 400+ cars and 600+ people just from the the Bay area alone. Stay tuned for details.[/QUOTE]

people who aren't regulars on the site have no idea what 'BAIC' is.

ipozestu 04-11-2007 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Zoeb2s]people who aren't regulars on the site have no idea what 'BAIC' is.[/QUOTE]
They learn quick. Now that Alex is gone maybe we can start calling ourselves i-club once again.

Nick Koan 04-11-2007 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]They learn quick. Now that Alex is gone maybe we can start calling ourselves i-club once again.[/QUOTE]

FYI Alex isn't gone. He'll still be around (in fact, probably more than he has been the last 6 months or so :rotfl:[color=black])[/color]

charlesj 04-11-2007 07:46 PM

Hey...my name is Charles , and I am also now a part of the Boost Labs team.

Alex will definitely be around and involved in the site, but I see absolutely no reason why we can't all come together under one roof. A major I-Club meet is a great thing that we would love to handle. Anyone with info on this and that is part of the planing can contact Ali or I.

We can also set up bi coastal meets so that the east coasters don't get left out.

Egan 04-11-2007 08:34 PM

This will definitely be a good shot in the arm for i-club. :)

ipozestu 04-11-2007 08:44 PM

[QUOTE=nKoan]FYI Alex isn't gone. He'll still be around (in fact, probably more than he has been the last 6 months or so :rotfl:[color=black])[/color][/QUOTE]
I don't care what hat he wears as long as the management has or is changing.

RedStage 04-11-2007 08:47 PM

i-club is great as it is. Can't wait to see how it will be improved. Looking forward to it all.

ipozestu 04-11-2007 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=charlesj]Hey...my name is Charles , and I am also now a part of the Boost Labs team.

Alex will definitely be around and involved in the site, but I see absolutely no reason why we can't all come together under one roof. A major I-Club meet is a great thing that we would love to handle. Anyone with info on this and that is part of the planing can contact Ali or I.

We can also set up bi coastal meets so that the east coasters don't get left out.[/QUOTE]
You may or may not be aware of the scale of the BAIC meet. It is huge, I want to drop the BAIC and make it an all inclusive Put on by i-club meet. That ismy goal for this year and the annual in the future. I want to see peeps caravaning in from WA, OR, NV, AZ, Socal. This meet has so much potential, we have been limited by planning and sponsorship, particularly from the club which we all represent. Most of our funding has come from local vendors who already pay for their membership to sell and advertise. That's just not right. I have plans to contact others, Perrin, Prodrive, SOA, World One, SCS, just to name a few to see if they would be interested in attending the west coasts largest meet and greet. I hope to se some more support from the club this year. I would really like to put I-club in the meets name. Example; I-Club's Annual West Coast Clutch. I Like this one a lot.

brucelee 04-11-2007 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]You may or may not be aware of the scale of the BAIC meet. It is huge, I want to drop the BAIC and make it an all inclusive Put on by i-club meet. That ismy goal for this year and the annual in the future. I want to see peeps caravaning in from WA, OR, NV, AZ, Socal. This meet has so much potential, we have been limited by planning and sponsorship, particularly from the club which we all represent. Most of our funding has come from local vendors who already pay for their membership to sell and advertise. That's just not right. I have plans to contact others, Perrin, Prodrive, SOA, World One, SCS, just to name a few to see if they would be interested in attending the west coasts largest meet and greet. I hope to se some more support from the club this year. I would really like to put I-club in the meets name. Example; I-Club's Annual West Coast Clutch. I Like this one a lot.[/QUOTE]

I see, I didn't read this before replying to the name change thread... You might want to include this info into that thread since most of the meet attendees are from BAIC.

BoxerRumble 04-12-2007 12:50 AM

I just read this, and this is a great idea. I've always loved I-Club and felt bitter about the NASIOC split/hostile take over of the archives. I really do hope this gets going and the project STi sounds great. I've always dreamt of being rich and sticking a huge I-Club sticker from wheel to wheel on it to represent. Good luck to you guys, I'll be around to support with whatever is needed.

sigma pi 04-12-2007 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]I don't care what hat he wears as long as the management has or is changing.[/QUOTE]
wow

SubyN00by 04-12-2007 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=sigma pi]wow[/QUOTE]
ditto, ouch.

VRT MBasile 04-12-2007 10:13 AM

I know nothing about you SPT, lr the merger, but based on your avatar, I will accept you

spt 04-12-2007 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=MBasile]I know nothing about you SPT, lr the merger, but based on your avatar, I will accept you[/QUOTE]

hahaha. What's so special about my avatar?

VRT MBasile 04-12-2007 10:18 AM

I'm just a big Family Guy fan

Jumpman23 04-12-2007 10:25 AM

wow..dooope! cant wait to see the STi!

VRT MBasile 04-12-2007 10:25 AM

The one thing I'd suggest keeping, is the lack of signatures

international B 04-12-2007 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=MBasile]The one thing I'd suggest keeping, is the lack of signatures[/QUOTE]

+10000000000000000

sigma pi 04-12-2007 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=international B]+10000000000000000[/QUOTE]
x2 :)

Egan 04-12-2007 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=MBasile]The one thing I'd suggest keeping, is the lack of signatures[/QUOTE]

We've already discussed that and everyone was pretty unanimous about not having sigs.

We've also agreed that Garfield avatars will be banned.

:tia:

VRWRX 04-12-2007 12:34 PM

I'm excited!!! I love this place and I hope the "family" is not compromised...

scarface 04-12-2007 12:35 PM

get hyphy go nuts!!!!! haha Mergers are sweeeeet

Zoeb2s 04-12-2007 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Egan]We've already discussed that and everyone was pretty unanimous about not having sigs.

We've also agreed that Garfield avatars will be banned.

:tia:[/QUOTE]

Thats a little hypocritical coming from someone with a sig :P

sigma pi 04-12-2007 03:54 PM

I DID THE X2!!!

i guess youd rather just point out the negative than rather laugh at good humor :p

VRT Gump 04-16-2007 06:36 PM

but its suprise buttsex garfield.

I like the new changes I have seen so far. easier to get around in the Forums area.

LifePlaza 04-17-2007 12:22 PM

[img]http://www.scoobyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/sti-vs-evo.jpg[/img]

VRT Gump 04-17-2007 12:25 PM

the suby is in front by inches and is higher

Subaru FTW!!!

C89ZX7R 07-11-2009 01:34 AM

Edited because everyone thinks my replies are a type of trolling!