i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   i-Club Announcements (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/)
-   -   Changing Design Elements - Sorry for the mess (https://www.i-club.com/forums/i-club-announcements-156/changing-design-elements-sorry-mess-178156/)

spt 01-28-2008 07:23 AM

Changing Design Elements - Sorry for the mess

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm testing new design options on the site. Once I get a finished design up here, I will take some screen shots so we can all vote for the best design.

This will be going on for a week or more, so please patient.

Thanks
Ali

midnitewrx 01-28-2008 07:26 AM

AHAHAH ... YEAH . I JUST LOGGED in and was like WTF. lol

VRT MBasile 01-28-2008 07:27 AM

haha, it looks like the cobb forums. not having finished my morning coffee I saw the layout, thought I had clicked the cobb forums, and was rather confused when there was a Monday daily thread

SpADeZ_WRX 01-28-2008 08:19 AM

I thought I went to IWSTI for a second lol

boardoholic 01-28-2008 08:24 AM

Doh! I thought I somehow clicked my snowboarding forum. If the other designs aren't better than what we've been working with, let's not change it.

spt 01-28-2008 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=boardoholic;2089942]Doh! I thought I somehow clicked my snowboarding forum. If the other designs aren't better than what we've been working with, let's not change it.[/QUOTE]

The old design needs to go because it had a lot of spacing issues on different monitor resolutions.

wimprezax06 01-28-2008 08:42 AM

i thought i log in to my rx8 forum, scared me a little bit, i thought i just seeing things wrong.

i don't know i still like the old design, i never liked this forum style, but i guess i have to get use to it now...

atleast not like the my.is forum, with those +rep rating.

SubyN00by 01-28-2008 08:43 AM

hehe, so is it gonna be a vote that obviously has one design as the winner, yet the mods decide on another one?

spt 01-28-2008 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=wimprezax06;2089967]i thought i log in to my rx8 forum, scared me a little bit, i thought i just seeing things wrong.

i don't know i still like the old design, i never liked this forum style, but i guess i have to get use to it now...

atleast not like the my.is forum, with those +rep rating.[/QUOTE]

Oh, this isn't the final design. That's why I mentioned in my post: "This will be going on for a week or more, so please patient."

spt 01-28-2008 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=SubyN00by;2089968]hehe, so is it gonna be a vote that obviously has one design as the winner, yet the mods decide on another one?[/QUOTE]

There will be options to choose from. A standard poll will be put up with screen shots of each.

SubyN00by 01-28-2008 08:58 AM

I'm watching colors change as I click...this is fantastic!!!

VRT MBasile 01-28-2008 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=spt;2089978]There will be options to choose from. A standard poll will be put up with screen shots of each.[/QUOTE]

he was eluding to the mt. Hammy t-shirt design fiasco of 2007.

I actually like this basic temporary styling because it loads a he'll of a lot faster on my iPhone. Could we possibly utilize the function for multiple layouts so people can pick from whatever fancy one wins and the basic one?

SubyN00by 01-28-2008 09:02 AM

with this whole layout thing, hopefully i-club will get a little more phone friendly, it only takes a few lines of code to recognize phone browsers, and a whole lot of watering down will give you guys some extra bandwidth at the end of the month due to us phone people only needing about 30k of the 500k that typically loads...

sigma pi 01-28-2008 09:14 AM

VRT MBasile and suby n00by

good points i have a smart phone and i club was always a slow loader for me

im going to try it now
thanks

spt 01-28-2008 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2089994]

I actually like this basic temporary styling because it loads a he'll of a lot faster on my iPhone. Could we possibly utilize the function for multiple layouts so people can pick from whatever fancy one wins and the basic one?[/QUOTE]

The old design was terrible for performance. It had a million images everywhere so it took time to load each one of them. Having the option for users to choose different styles is definitely something I could put in. I think what I want to do first is come up with something basic and work from there.