i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   How Tos / Installations (https://www.i-club.com/forums/how-tos-installations-192/)
-   -   Help needed! 07 fog lights (https://www.i-club.com/forums/how-tos-installations-192/help-needed-07-fog-lights-250733/)

Sean Zahra 04-26-2013 01:13 PM

Help needed! 07 fog lights

Hello there
I'm installing fog lights on my 07 STI... So I installed the fog lights and the switch since it's an upgrade I don't have the switch there, but the wires are already there, so what happens now is that the switch works and lights up, but the fog lights doesn't!! So I checked all the fuses nothing wrong with them and I checked the harness that goes into the fog lights it has ground but it doesn't have power, so I figured there's unblocked harness so I took the bumper out and followed the harness it's all good until it connects into the main harness!! I'm trying to get it done today since the bumper is out already. If you have any ideas/thoughts will be helpful, thanks in advance

Sean

Blue Steel 05-10-2013 05:08 AM

Take a multimeter to it...double check your power, switch, ignition, and all grounds. And check the harness, might be missing something or broken altogether.

Sean Zahra 05-10-2013 03:19 PM

I checked the wires from the switch there're good, but the wires that goes into the foglights has ground but not power, so I followed the harness until it connected to the main harness and couldn't go any farther! the switch is new by the way

02RS25 05-10-2013 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Zahra;3397370]I checked the wires from the switch there're good, but the wires that goes into the foglights has ground but not power, so I followed the harness until it connected to the main harness and couldn't go any farther! the switch is new by the way[/QUOTE]

you couldnt go any further because you physically cant? or youre too lazy to peel away the elcetrical tape/plastic and go further. theres a short/loose ground/hacked up wire somewhere. its there. just gotta find it
in this instance pics would deff help G:!

Sean Zahra 05-10-2013 03:45 PM

Well I followed the harness until it went under the left fender! I couldn't go on because it goes into the firewall 👎

02RS25 05-10-2013 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Zahra;3397382]Well I followed the harness until it went under the left fender! I couldn't go on because it goes into the firewall 👎[/QUOTE]

ah. and im guessing you check voltage from switch to firewall inside cabin and bulb to firewall inside bay? if youre getting good reading on both either youre not measuring the same wire like u thought or ur car is severely trolling you. lol. if your switch is good and u say ur harness is good up to firewall...im a bit confused....interesting..u SURE you checked all grounds and connections?

Sean Zahra 05-10-2013 04:08 PM

Yes sir, for now I'm happy with the looks, I'll recheck everything later when I'm done with my study within 2-3 weeks, I don't wanna even try to take it to a shop or something, thanks for the help tho, I'll update what happens!

02RS25 05-10-2013 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Zahra;3397393]Yes sir, for now I'm happy with the looks, I'll recheck everything later when I'm done with my study within 2-3 weeks, I don't wanna even try to take it to a shop or something, thanks for the help tho, I'll update what happens![/QUOTE]

+1. GL! my HID fogs on my bugeye no longer work either. but i know its because when i ran herra frush, i removed fender liner, it rain, i was lazy. u get the picture. lol. i have a short somewhere along the wires. everytime i replace fuse, it just blows before the lights even turn on!

007_STI 01-26-2014 03:47 AM

Did you check the relay? Under your steering wheels it should be the second one up or third.. And there should be an extra relay on the left side of you fuse box under your steering wheels as well check that see if I works I had the same issue