i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii Classifieds (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-classifieds-97/)
-   -   WTB: AC High Pressure Line. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-classifieds-97/wtb-ac-high-pressure-line-217860/)

HISTATEOFMIND 04-07-2010 12:35 AM

WTB: AC High Pressure Line.

So I noticed my high pressure ac line is leaking out some kind of oil and I'm assuming that is what killed my ac unit. [B]Any insight[/B] would be appreciated. Servco Subaru quoted me $200. I would like to get a used one in good condition if possible. Thanks

Erik

ds baruuuuu 04-07-2010 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=HISTATEOFMIND;2850496]So I noticed my high pressure ac line is leaking out some kind of oil and I'm assuming that is what killed my ac unit. [B]Any insight[/B] would be appreciated. Servco Subaru quoted me $200. I would like to get a used one in good condition if possible. Thanks

Erik[/QUOTE]

take the drive to kailua and ill give you both hoses for $20

HISTATEOFMIND 04-07-2010 03:38 PM

PM Sent. Please reply asap. Mahalos.

Thug Nasty 04-07-2010 09:39 PM

You can have mine for free, but you gotta take it off.

HISTATEOFMIND 04-08-2010 12:14 PM

^ The problem is that the system is pressurized so you would need a shop to take it off or else everything is gonna leak out and it can get messy. Correct me if im wrong?!

Thug Nasty 04-08-2010 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=HISTATEOFMIND;2851447]^ The problem is that the system is pressurized so you would need a shop to take it off or else everything is gonna leak out and it can get messy. Correct me if im wrong?![/QUOTE]

Wrong. I took my compressor off already. The lines are empty.

You can vent that **** to the atm and really nothing leaks out. It all turns to vapor when the pressure decreases.

edit : all hypothetically of course. I would never do such a thing because it's bad for the environment. :signOops:

UnD3FIN3d 04-13-2010 12:32 PM

lol. yup!! maybe you used the wrong 134? oh and another possibility is that whoever did the ac job did not vaccum out the air properly and still had small kine water in the system or your receiver drier needs to be changed out. lol.

HISTATEOFMIND 04-13-2010 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=UnD3FIN3d;2854199]lol. yup!! maybe you used the wrong 134? oh and another possibility is that whoever did the ac job did not vaccum out the air properly and still had small kine water in the system or your receiver drier needs to be changed out. lol.[/QUOTE]

Nah wasn't that cause no one ever did my ac system. And im pretty sure I used the correct 134 lol. Hopefully it's just this high line. Im suppose to go down to Aiea to pick it up but I've been busy.

Thug Nasty 04-13-2010 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=HISTATEOFMIND;2854349]Nah wasn't that cause no one ever did my ac system. And im pretty sure I used the correct 134 lol. Hopefully it's just this high line. Im suppose to go down to Aiea to pick it up but I've been busy.[/QUOTE]

heh no worries. Just let me know whenever. It's really not going anywhere haha

HISTATEOFMIND 04-14-2010 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=Thug Nasty;2854411]heh no worries. Just let me know whenever. It's really not going anywhere haha[/QUOTE]

Thanks and good to know it's not going anywhere. lol