Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

TW: 1998 Impreza sedan w/WRX swap/ Aussie WRX seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:28 PM

Car Info: toaster
FS: 1998 Impreza sedan w/WRX swap/ Aussie WRX seats

Hey all it's been a minute since I've been around. I just want to start gauging interest on a 1998 Impreza sedan with a WRX swap. Barry and I bought it with the intent of doing RallyX with it, but that never came to be. We did a few autoX's with it and it's been taking up space in front of my house ever since.

This is Andy's old car, that he and along with a few others (Big D) performed a clean swap on.

The motor is a stock WRX motor. (unknown miles) STI uppipe, stock DP, STI muffler. They swapped out the stock brakes in favor of the stock WRX brakes front and rear. It is currently sitting on a set of TEIN coilovers (what the exact model is I am unsure) but they are super stiff and are adjustable. looks like a cusco knock off strut tower bar as well.

Clutch feels great, and the 5spd is mated to a kartboy SS with bushings. Has a boost gauge, and a biltz turbo timer and a nice alpine deck.

And thats whats on the car, I also have stuff that we bought but didnt even put on the car or we took it off. a brand new unsused set of KYB AGX adjustable front and rear suspension. Also have stock WRX springs to put on them if you want. I also have a set of 02-03 stock WRX rims with no tires. And I have a set of white RS 5 spoke rims with Kumho race rubber on it (it was used for only 8 runs total).

The car's AC which blew ICE COLD, has recently just gone out and I have no idea why, and the brake pedal feels a little soft so that might need some freshening up. has an EXPIRED safety check as well. And that's they only problems i've encountered. no CELs, runs like a champ

And last but not least the red/blue Aussie WRX front and rear seats. As soon as we took the car home they came out and were put into storage, and I have recently dug them out and cleaned them. I will try to sell them separate or we can work out a deal to include them with the car if you want. I have the stock tan colored driver and passenger seats in them with the rear removed. The rear seat I have for it is gray

I just took some new pics of everything but as of right now I dont have time to post them, but I will post them when i get back home.

So the car, I would like to sell as a package deal with all the extras, i dont want to try to part out just yet. im going to humbly ask that the car along with the KYB's, stock springs, stock rims, RS wheels with race rubber, I also found a HKS BOV, and a FORGE BOV from my previous cars that I'll throw in as well for $7,000 obo.

And the seats by themselves im going to ask $1,000. But if you want to get the seats and the car we can negotiate a price for both. The seats were imported from Australia for almost $600 alone, this is a deal if you ask around, and im positive this is the only set on island. I know they fit in the 98 sedan, and YMMV for it fitting in something else. Im pretty sure they are all universal though.

Any questions PM me or email kawshon@gmail.com and pics will come later tonight or early tomorrow. thanks for looking

adding pics the lazy way, let me know if you want to see something else, or check out the car in person. and in case your wondering why the seats look wet, it's because i just cleaned them up and they didnt dry yet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3752958...7624188510921/

Last edited by kawshon1; 06-20-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI Wagon
gc

sexxy

Originally Posted by kawshon1
Hey all it's been a minute since I've been around. I just want to start gauging interest on a 1998 Impreza sedan with a WRX swap. Barry and I bought it with the intent of doing RallyX with it, but that never came to be. We did a few autoX's with it and it's been taking up space in front of my house ever since.

This is Andy's old car, that he and along with a few others (Big D) performed a clean swap on.

The motor is a stock WRX motor. (unknown miles) STI uppipe, stock DP, STI muffler. They swapped out the stock brakes in favor of the stock WRX brakes front and rear. It is currently sitting on a set of TEIN coilovers (what the exact model is I am unsure) but they are super stiff and are adjustable. looks like a cusco knock off strut tower bar as well.

Clutch feels great, and the 5spd is mated to a kartboy SS with bushings. Has a boost gauge, and a biltz turbo timer and a nice alpine deck.

And thats whats on the car, I also have stuff that we bought but didnt even put on the car or we took it off. a brand new unsused set of KYB AGX adjustable front and rear suspension. Also have stock WRX springs to put on them if you want. I also have a set of 02-03 stock WRX rims with no tires. And I have a set of white RS 5 spoke rims with Kumho race rubber on it (it was used for only 8 runs total).

The car's AC which blew ICE COLD, has recently just gone out and I have no idea why, and the brake pedal feels a little soft so that might need some freshening up. has an EXPIRED safety check as well. And that's they only problems i've encountered. no CELs, runs like a champ

And last but not least the red/blue Aussie WRX front and rear seats. As soon as we took the car home they came out and were put into storage, and I have recently dug them out and cleaned them. I will try to sell them separate or we can work out a deal to include them with the car if you want. I have the stock tan colored driver and passenger seats in them with the rear removed. The rear seat I have for it is gray

I just took some new pics of everything but as of right now I dont have time to post them, but I will post them when i get back home.

So the car, I would like to sell as a package deal with all the extras, i dont want to try to part out just yet. im going to humbly ask that the car along with the KYB's, stock springs, stock rims, RS wheels with race rubber, I also found a HKS BOV, and a FORGE BOV from my previous cars that I'll throw in as well for $7,000 obo.

And the seats by themselves im going to ask $1,000. But if you want to get the seats and the car we can negotiate a price for both. The seats were imported from Australia for almost $600 alone, this is a deal if you ask around, and im positive this is the only set on island. I know they fit in the 98 sedan, and YMMV for it fitting in something else. Im pretty sure they are all universal though.

Any questions PM me or email kawshon@gmail.com and pics will come later tonight or early tomorrow. thanks for looking

adding pics the lazy way, let me know if you want to see something else, or check out the car in person. and in case your wondering why the seats look wet, it's because i just cleaned them up and they didnt dry yet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3752958...7624188510921/
Old 06-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
You should have had this for sale a couple months ago...I would of probably picked this up...Nice
Old 06-20-2010, 06:56 PM

we wanted to but we were waiting on someone who backed out =/

i think this is a pretty decent deal for someone looking for a second car or someone wanting to have a dedicated weekend car as well. our loss is your gain, really...we arent making anything close to what we put into this
Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
i remember that car... ultra rare dizzy diznave motorsports swap #2
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Awww...meeeeeeeemories...my old seats!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by kawshon1
we wanted to but we were waiting on someone who backed out =/

i think this is a pretty decent deal for someone looking for a second car or someone wanting to have a dedicated weekend car as well. our loss is your gain, really...we arent making anything close to what we put into this
man...money talks! if i had looked at the car and liked it, i would have paid cash that day! i was looking for a while too i made a post here and had several hits....all the GCs were auto though:/

on a side note, if anyone wants to buy my WRX so i can buy this GC, i would appreciate it if you have concerns with my 2.0 motor, that can be swapped with a 2.5 ej257 haha...ok, sorry for thread jacking but it is to buy your car
Old 06-21-2010, 06:57 PM

haha np. if your interested come and check it out first, before selling anything! im sure alot of old schoolers can vouch for me as well. im not here to rip anyone off, im honest and straight up.

and I can get a safety check, ive just been holding out since the car is sitting and the current reg is still good.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Damn you, Wes...I would buy the car just to have my seats back...
Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM

and their nice and clean now! hehehe
Old 06-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
hahahahah those seats went back and forth between me a Joey a few times
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
hahahahah those seats went back and forth between me a Joey a few times
haha those seats are *****.....everyone has had a ride