i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune?? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/who-wants-seriously-get-tune-125835/)

myroncuz 02-10-2006 01:32 PM

Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune??

ok, spoke with preston from gruppe-s and this CAN HAPPEN!!! sorry to burst your bubble shag but they are requesting about 10 people for them to come down.. :) they can tune UTECS, ACCESSPORTS, AND ECUTEK!!!!!!!!!!!! thats right...WHOS THE MAN??? ;) i dont know the price yet but im just going to assume that its a lil higher then cobbs asking price.. post up on whos interested and ill find out the price..

boobie, dale, even perhaps rudy should jump on this..

1.myroncuz

shaggadelic 02-10-2006 01:54 PM

no prob's on my part.

iNfEk 02-10-2006 02:12 PM

i think i'd be interested depends on the ETA

YamazakiSubaru 02-10-2006 03:35 PM

hmm... should I take the easy way out?

esx344dreams04 02-10-2006 03:40 PM

im down like charlie brown, as a matter of fact if things get tight myron let him know i can get him cheap tickets for dinner cruises and island tours and stuff like that

BOOSTiN 02-10-2006 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=myroncuz]ok, spoke with preston from gruppe-s and this CAN HAPPEN!!! sorry to burst your bubble shag but they are requesting about 10 people for them to come down.. :) they can tune UTECS, ACCESSPORTS, AND ECUTEK!!!!!!!!!!!! thats right...WHOS THE MAN??? ;) i dont know the price yet but im just going to assume that its a lil higher then cobbs asking price.. post up on whos interested and ill find out the price..

boobie, dale, even perhaps rudy should jump on this..

1.myroncuz[/QUOTE]

nice. im in. it should be cheaper for me right? since i already bought the initial ecutek license? any idea when this might take place? i hope after the injectors, fp, and alky is installed.

hayn_wrx 02-10-2006 06:38 PM

put me down...but ya i'd like to know how much..

myroncuz 02-10-2006 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=BOOSTiN]nice. im in. it should be cheaper for me right? since i already bought the initial ecutek license? any idea when this might take place? i hope after the injectors, fp, and alky is installed.[/QUOTE]

Dale, im not too sure about the price.. i know you already paid for the initial liscense but to tune and reflash, i think its a bit different. reflash, all they would need to do is connect your ecu to whatever and then flash it for your existing mods. for them to come down here and tune, it will take time for each car. it also has to be worth it for them to come down. im just hoping its not much...ill let everyone know..

4080wrx 02-10-2006 07:25 PM

like posted on the previous thread i'm in just i have to purchase and install certain things first.

BOOSTiN 02-10-2006 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=myroncuz]Dale, im not too sure about the price.. i know you already paid for the initial liscense but to tune and reflash, i think its a bit different. reflash, all they would need to do is connect your ecu to whatever and then flash it for your existing mods. for them to come down here and tune, it will take time for each car. it also has to be worth it for them to come down. im just hoping its not much...ill let everyone know..[/QUOTE]

gotcha... lmk

nodnarb2785 02-10-2006 09:41 PM

why would we need to get tuned? the tracks are closing! but im still interested..*grin* do u know when they would be coming down? i'm movin to oahu end of march or beginning of april..if it's around then and there's still room i wouldn't mind...

4080wrx 02-10-2006 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=nodnarb2785]why would we need to get tuned? the tracks are closing! ...[/QUOTE]

ok i hate to call you a noob but umm the the tracks is not the only reason you would want a tune. I would say mainly the biggest reason to get a tune is so that with all the aftermarket parts one puts on their car it wont go kaboom! and besides you might as well squeeze every bit of hp out of the parts you got

Island Style 02-10-2006 11:03 PM

I'm interested...

Depends on the price...not sure what would all be involved.

I have the AP, do I need to purchase anything else besides the cost of the tune itself?

LMK...thanks,

Brent

oldmansan 02-10-2006 11:10 PM

Well,

[QUOTE=nodnarb2785]why would we need to get tuned? the tracks are closing! but im still interested..*grin* do u know when they would be coming down? i'm movin to oahu end of march or beginning of april..if it's around then and there's still room i wouldn't mind...[/QUOTE]

I'm not afraid to call you a n00b. n00bs bolt on every part they can just to blow their motor due to knowing nothing about what they're doing. Tuners take the parts n00bs bolt on and make them act in harmony, actually making horsepower. Tuners also ensure proper air/fuel ratios are attained, boost isn't too high, and detonation doesn't occur. Tuners >>> n00bs.

San

shaggadelic 02-10-2006 11:15 PM

can he tune mine even tho i don't E.M. all i got is the apex'i super ITC