Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 06 Subaru WRX STI
hmm. i rather watch iron man 3 =D
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 2013 DGM Subaru WRX Limited
Originally Posted by SUMATIC808
hmm. i rather watch iron man 3 =D
I was thinking about that also lol, my friends that just finished their finals up in portland said that movie is pretty damn good.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by keonigt
I was thinking about that also lol, my friends that just finished their finals up in portland said that movie is pretty damn good.
good. that makes me wanna watch it even more. have fun on the cruise take some pics and post. let us know how it goes!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
i can't wait to see the thread tomorrow..... wonder if it's going to be a police love story or an accident drama. the suspense is killing me.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
i can't wait to see the thread tomorrow..... wonder if it's going to be a police love story or an accident drama. the suspense is killing me.
In before the "I told you so"
Old 05-04-2013, 04:10 AM

Just got back home. Sick Cruise. Thanks for those who showed out

More details and first hand accounts, from those who came, tomorrow.

Furthermore, good night i-club lol.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
First rule of fight club....
Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Don't talk about fight club...
Old 05-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by touge-n00b
First rule of fight club....
That's what I was thinking.. lol
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
That's what I was thinking.. lol
yea me too, hawaiian.

Can't talk about fight club braddahs! lol
Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 PM

no pics!!?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
yea me too, hawaiian.

Can't talk about fight club braddahs! lol
Don't think you get it. Aren't you the OP?

Back in my Honda Days cruises used to be allover forums, the turnout would be huge and the cops turnout would be even bigger. Then everyone went to keeping everything on the DL through texts and word of mouth.

Posting that there is going to be a bunch of heavily modified cars driving on one of Oahu's most tempting and dangerous roads with some of the most **** homeowners around is probably not the greatest of idea.

Just my $.02, I hope everyone had fun and avoided tickets and/or accidents.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Words of advice. Anything that advertises or implies anything pertaining to spirited driving should not be posted here. Either keep it to yourselves or take it to Forumshawaii.

If any of you go to these or anything else that does ANYTHING to compromise the reputation of i-club, keep silent and if you get caught by the LEOs, you are NOT on i-club.

When I was new, I did some spirited runs up there and made the mistake of posting it up. It was just a few minutes before I got sh|t for it.

I quickly understood that I represented a community and not just myself. If you come on here and call yourself part of this community, please be responsible out there. We've kept a good reputation this long. Lets keep it going.

Aloha.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM

Yes sir!

Anything that I think of that implies "spirited or pertains to spirited driving" will not even come close to touching the mere thought or reputation of I-club.

As some of you may know, I am very aware of racing at these cruises. We are the last ones to even think of racing. We know of the value of our cars and the consequences racing or any illegal activity brings. It is not wise to get caught or get into an accident because of illegal activities. I know I am young and all, but racing just flat out does not intrigue me, simply because of the physical and sentimental value of our car and because of the action of the law. Our car's value can even be called a deterrent to illegal activities, be it racing, drifting, drags. We would not want anything to happen to our babies, if personified as one.

I am happy to announce that the cruise last night at salt lake target to tantalus was very near, if not at civilian level/speed. We kept our speed limit at 55-60 and never past 61. Also, up tantalus was very, how do you say it, boring, or in other words, Safe. The drive up tantalus was mainly 5-15 mph speeds. I was leading the group and I did not want ANYONE to go at a high speed and have a chance for something bad to happen. I also wanted to keep VERY slow up tantalus because of the dangerous road, that is very hard to navigate at some points. I and the group that participated are glad that we were not involved in any of the illegal spirited driving going along at/near tantalus and needless to say, this subi cruise was mainly a chill point for about me, four other subies, a ms3, and a nissan pathfinder.

We did, however, see some cops on the freeway, but hey who doesn't? We also seen some people drinking beer while looking out into the view. I did not want to get into their mess and their crowd so we steered clear of them while trying to find a good spot to look at the view.

The group that participated in this cruise knew of the repercussions and the consequences of doing anything illegal while going to and up tantalus. We know that we have some power in our cars, and with this power comes great responsibility. We have to set an example for all the other drivers to either drive safe or get kicked off any cruise or club! We of course did not want any negative attention drawn towards the I-club 'Ohana and we kept our driving very safe and controlled. I would compare our driving to and up tantalus to a very careful and aware homeowner driving in tantalus (their own home).

Lastly, I am happy for the turnout for this cruise

It was nice to see people as young as...well as young as me, and some other people around 25-30, also thanks to the other people that showed up in non subies. It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing some information about our cars and life experiences.

Last edited by keonigt; 05-04-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
Yes sir!

Anything that I think of that implies "spirited or pertains to spirited driving" will not even come close to touching the mere thought or reputation of I-club.

As some of you may know, I am very aware of racing at these cruises. We are the last ones to even think of racing. We know of the value of our cars and the consequences racing or any illegal activity brings. It is not wise to get caught or get into an accident because of illegal activities. I know I am young and all, but racing just flat out does not intrigue me, simply because of the physical and sentimental value of our car and because of the action of the law. Our car's value can even be called a deterrent to illegal activities, be it racing, drifting, drags. We would not want anything to happen to our babies, if personified as one.

I am happy to announce that the cruise last night at salt lake target to tantalus was very near, if not at civilian level/speed. We kept our speed limit at 55-60 and never past 61. Also, up tantalus was very, how do you say it, boring, or in other words, Safe. The drive up tantalus was mainly 5-15 mph speeds. I was leading the group and I did not want ANYONE to go at a high speed and have a chance for something bad to happen. I also wanted to keep VERY slow up tantalus because of the dangerous road, that is very hard to navigate at some points. I and the group that participated are glad that we were not involved in any of the illegal spirited driving going along at/near tantalus and needless to say, this subi cruise was mainly a chill point for about me, four other subies, a ms3, and a nissan pathfinder.

We did, however, see some cops on the freeway, but hey who doesn't? We also seen some people drinking beer while looking out into the view. I did not want to get into their mess and their crowd so we steered clear of them while trying to find a good spot to look at the view.

The group that participated in this cruise knew of the repercussions and the consequences of doing anything illegal while going to and up tantalus. We know that we have some power in our cars, and with this power comes great responsibility. We have to set an example for all the other drivers to either drive safe or get kicked off any cruise or club! We of course did not want any negative attention drawn towards the I-club 'Ohana and we kept our driving very safe and controlled. I would compare our driving to and up tantalus to a very careful and aware homeowner driving in tantalus (their own home).

Lastly, I am happy for the turnout for this cruise

It was nice to see people as young as...well as young as me, and some other people around 25-30, also thanks to the other people that showed up in non subies. It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing some information about our cars and life experiences.
The first time i went up there i was in my Camry to take some awesome skyline pix of the city, it was about midnight? and i saw 2 S13's slam in to a tree lol. Then an STI roll by and i could hear the laughing lol. That was a day i will never forget.

Quick Reply: Tantalus cruise tonight!