Register for the 2009 Build The Track! Motorsports Show - Saturday, June 20th, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
Exclamation Register for the 2009 Build The Track! Motorsports Show - Saturday, June 20th, 2009

The 2009 Build The Track! Motorsports Show
Show Location: The Aloha Tower Marketplace
Show Date: Saturday, June 20, 2009
Show Time: 10AM to 5PM
Free to the Public

www.buildthetrack.com

What is the BTT! Motorsports Show?

The Build The Track! Motorsports Show is a not-for-profit motorsports show held annually at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. It's purpose is to raise public awareness and garner support for a motorsports facility on Oahu. It also provides opportunity for our automotive community to gather in celebration of our unique passions.

Regardless of your automotive interest, the show provides a chance for you to experience a wide variety of the automotive spectrum including racing, modifying and tuning, scale autos, racing simulations, and more. It also enables the general public to enjoy a day filled with motorsports-themed activity while encouraging and informing them of the various motorsports and automotive-related interests that occur on Oahu. Information on current projects, including Kalaeloa Raceway Park, and developments for temporary and permanent solutions for our motorsports community are also promoted and provided throughout the event.

Admission to the show is completly free to the public along with all activities which will include live entertainment, mini-RC NASCAR, keiki bouncers, video game racing tournaments, rc drifting and racing, and much, much more. Vehicle registration is also completly free, and is the heart of the show. Over 130+ racing, custom, modified, and tuned vehicles are expected to be on hand as well as various aftermarket vendors that support the show.

If you'd like to enter your racing, custom, modified, or tuned ride then please visit www.buildthetrack.com and submit your entry! Our registration page is UP! Remember that this is a FREE car show...no admission or registration fees! Because space is limited, we HIGHLY recommend posting a photo of your vehicle (with the included gallery link in the Disclaimer)to better your odds of getting a spot!

If you are interested in sponsoring or volunteering for the 2009 Build The Track Motorsports Show, we can always use your support and help. The entire event is supported by sponsors who understand just how important our cause is! Please visit our website for more information on how you can help. All volunteers will receive a free BTT!MS t-shirt as well as free lunch and drink from Hooters Honolulu!

Every year, we get closer to our goal of getting all of us back on track. Literally. This year under the guidance of SORT LLC., the KRP Project Team has made great strides in preparing Kalaeloa Raceway Park for it's upcoming first event! Our show will be a celebration of these accomplishments. Please join us on Saturday, June 20th, 2009 as we celebrate our automotive passions and work to ensure that it will always have a place on our island home.

Please stay tuned to www.buildthetrack.com for further information regarding planned activities and updates for the show!

Mahalo!

Michael J. Kitchens
Chairman,
Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council
http://www.buildthetrack.com/
chairman@buildthetrack.com

Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
Just wanted to add to this,
Anyone planning on participating in RallyX should think about entering their car. There will be a section specifically for rallycross in the general event and we will have a sponsor area.
If your rallycross car is more of a beater or stock and does not make the cut for the show please let me know and I will put you in the sponsor area as long as we have room.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM

HUGE UPDATE! Platinum Sponsors will receive Logo & Info inclusion in over 450 30-second commercials to be aired starting 3 weeks before showtime! The advertising campaign for the show is going to be huge!

Also, Vendors are now allowed to sell approved items! This adds a huge benefit for our sponsors and I'd like to thank Aloha Tower Marketplace for being so respectful of our needs!

The Gregg Hammer Band will be the main entertainment for the day's show!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Hello all,

As most of you are aware, it's time for this year's Road Runner Build The Track! Motorsports Show at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. We're expecting it to be bigger than ever due to the increased advertising, which means we'll need close to 50 volunteers at least. Again, this will mean that we can schedule better, and make sure our volunteers only have to work a few hours, and have the rest of the day to enjoy. The show is tentatively set to run from 10AM to 5PM.

This is a not-for-profit show, it's free admission for both spectators and participants, and we're going to have alot of cool stuff happening. If you were there last year, then you know what to expect x 10!

The benefits are:
  • Free lunch from Hooters and drink (plus, access to the coolers throughout the day!)
  • 1 Free BTT! T-Shirt (Guaranteed, it'll be set aside before the show!)
  • An entire day of fun, entertainment, and comraderie.
  • Thanks and props on our website and the HT forums

So if you're interested in helping out, please email webmaster@hawaiitalks.net or post or PM here, and lemme know what time you can or would like to work. We will definetly need some people to be ready to volunteer for the early morning shift, which starts at 5:30AM and some people for the cleanup at the end of the day. I'll also need your contact info, so please include it.

Once I have you down, I'll add you to the list in the appropriate time slot. These are just cursory schedules. Once we get the schedule down, I'll send out the proper work times to everyone.

We will have volunteer meetings scheduled soon with free food and drinks! Work Schedules will be handed out, Jobs assigned, and a walkthrough of the facility will be conducted. Thanks all!

Mahalo for your help, guys and girls...we can't do it without you!

Mike Kitchens
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 AM

Car Info: a pickup truck with a gun rack.
I had. Great time at the last show filming last year hopefully I can make it out again to film for another vid for you
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM

It'd be appreciated. I don't have time myself to enjoy or film the show, so it's when everything is done, and I get to sit back and look at all the photos and vids that I really feel like I've accomplished something. So stuff like that really helps...thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM

It's done!

YouTube - Road Runner Build The Track! Motorsports Show - Saturday, June 20th, 2009!

Hawaii’s fastest Internet service proudly presents the Road Runner "Build The Track!" Motorsports Show on Saturday, June 20th at the Aloha Tower Marketplace from 10AM to 5PM. Check out over 130 custom & modified vehicles from all over the island plus Live Entertainment, Keiki Carnival, R/C Cars, and more. Join us to help Build The Track! and Enter to Win six months of Road Runner high speed online. For more information, check out Build The Track!! Sponsored by Road Runner, Firestone Complete Auto Care & HawaiiTalks.Net!

*Please note that all track designs presented in this video were preliminary and culled from pre-existing video footage provided by Island Driver TV. These track designs are not fully representative of our current work-in-progress design.*