i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Need methanol ASAP (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/need-methanol-asap-140715/)

1tyme 07-23-2006 03:48 PM

Need methanol ASAP

Did numerous searches and came up with nothing locally. Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a gallon or two.
I checked everywhere I thought would possibly have some and yet nobody carries it. I really don't want to order it from the states if I can get it locally.

Pure methanol(anhydrous)......<---spelling

Brandon

iNfEk 07-23-2006 06:05 PM

try Ron's Performance. They might have or might be able to tell you where you can get it

Jon

1tyme 07-23-2006 08:08 PM

Already tried them. No luck.

WRX_FLIP 07-23-2006 08:34 PM

i'll ask my boss where we get ours. how about some medical supply company?

we also use xylene in our lab... i'm soo tempted sometimes

1tyme 07-23-2006 09:00 PM

^^I don't believe that a medical supply company would sell chemical products to just anybody, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Thx

Raudi 07-23-2006 10:02 PM

look for a product call Heet. It's supposed to be pure methonol.

WRXed 07-23-2006 11:05 PM

try gaspro

1tyme 07-24-2006 12:02 AM

Thanks....I'll ask about it everywhere.

[QUOTE=Raudi]look for a product call Heet. It's supposed to be pure methonol.[/QUOTE]

1tyme 07-24-2006 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=WRXed]try gaspro[/QUOTE]

^^Didn't think about that one. I'm calling them tomorrow.

Thx

reid-o 07-24-2006 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=1tyme]Thanks....I'll ask about it everywhere.[/QUOTE]

You can find it at Walmart.
It's about a dollar for a small injector cleaner looking bottle.

I buy it by the box there.

If you're running meth/alc/water injection, you can also try denatured alcohol from Home Depot. It's more expensive but it's easier to get in bulk.

I use HEET now because I live next to a Walmart and I've gotten lazy, but I've used denatured in past with water, and I think it's more effective at raising knock threshold than Heet.
I've never tried the race methanol before.

1tyme 07-24-2006 09:46 PM

Tried many more places today with no luck. Gaspro, most of the big paint warehouses, BSM perf. It's like nobody knows where it is or where to get it from.

When I went to Walmart this weekend, I don't remember seeing anything in the paint dept. that was labeled "heet" but I'll try looking again. Is it in a different dept.?

reid-o 07-25-2006 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=1tyme]Tried many more places today with no luck. Gaspro, most of the big paint warehouses, BSM perf. It's like nobody knows where it is or where to get it from.

When I went to Walmart this weekend, I don't remember seeing anything in the paint dept. that was labeled "heet" but I'll try looking again. Is it in a different dept.?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's an automotive product.
It's a yellow bottle, and it's basically designed to remove water from your gas line.
Walmart Mililani usually has a ton of it. Get the yellow bottle.

You could also try using denatured alcohol at any hardware store for now.

1tyme 07-26-2006 12:10 AM

^^Thanks bro....I found it last night.

Oh, I've heard bad things about denatured alcohol. I would advise doing some searches on that.

myroncuz 07-27-2006 02:11 AM

sorry bra, I only can get crystal meth.... ;)

1tyme 07-29-2006 07:30 PM

^^WTF mang.