i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Need help finding a loading dock w/Vehicle Access (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/need-help-finding-loading-dock-w-vehicle-access-253796/)

tesh 08-22-2013 12:27 PM

Need help finding a loading dock w/Vehicle Access

I'm coming down to my last few days and Have an ask of anyone with a connection - I need to get a container for shipping but have no place to park it; the container height is 4' off the ground as well, so I need a loading dock preferably...

it's all out of pocket for me at this point so I'm trying to be as economical as possible...

1. My best case scenario is that someone knows someone with a loading dock (that I can drive a car up onto for loading) who'd let me use a bay for a day while I load goods, my car etc. I imagine this could all happen over 12hrs or less

2. (or) I need a parking lot area where a container could be parked for 12-24hours wherein I could hand load up the 4' height of the container, then call a tow truck to raise my car to height and roll it in off the flat bed.

3. last case is I ship the car separate but still require scenario 2, a place to park the container as I load it - I'll end up renting a box truck w/a ramp to 'preload' to that height then back the two together and walk the plank with things over

anyone with any info would be much appreciated... this has been a tough move, I've made good friends who've been my family here, moving away sucks and then of course having to actually move things haha

tesh 08-22-2013 01:34 PM

On that note, has anyone rented/hired trucking services? In HI I'll have to rent a semi to bring the container wherever it is I can park it...

tesh 08-26-2013 06:49 PM

Smallish bump with this - does anyone have a connection with anyone who drives a flat-bed tow truck? I'm possibly going to need one and don't want to just pick one out of a hat just yet (rather have someone who has subaru experience)

devilzdriver 08-27-2013 08:14 AM

I do know of a flatbed company, they towed my subie when i blew up my transmission and the guy knew the deal with subies (Not that it mattered at that time since trans was bombed), and he tows Porche's and Lambos and all sorts of expensive stuff like that, i still have the invoice at home. When i get back ill post it up.

tesh 08-27-2013 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=devilzdriver;3442572]I do know of a flatbed company, they towed my subie when i blew up my transmission and the guy knew the deal with subies (Not that it mattered at that time since trans was bombed), and he tows Porche's and Lambos and all sorts of expensive stuff like that, i still have the invoice at home. When i get back ill post it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! feel free to PM or post, I'll give them a call, need to arrange a time this saturday afternoon