MITSU/SUBY BBQ: May 20th @ Kualoa beach park

Old 05-15-2006, 08:20 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Thumbs up Hoooo....Diego man...

First...just finished reading your posts...I am sorry to hear of your friends fathers death...my condolences...

But...although I may drop in to say hi, I probably won't be attending the bbq...like Diego, lots of stuff to do with the kids...hair cut/baseball/karate/school projects...never ends man...

Now you went and did it Diego...I gotta get myself to Thelma's now...I can't get enough of "Thelma's Special..."you know how long of a drive it is for me to go from Kaneohe to Waipahu???...That is the best Roast Pork I have ever tasted!!! Hands down...

Eh, if you guys haven't tried it...it's crispy roast pork with bits of onions and tomatoes in this sauce (shoyu based)...it's the bomb! You gotta try it...

Originally Posted by shiroikage
Put me down for some roast pork either from Golden Coin, or if I can swing it, maybe some Thelma's Special.

Last edited by Island Style; 05-15-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Talking

Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
Shaggy, It looks like I'm going to get the 20th OFF!!! WOO HOO!!!! :banana:
roger that
Old 05-15-2006, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by Island Style
First...just finished reading your posts...I am sorry to hear of your friends fathers death...my condolences...

But...although I may drop in to say hi, I probably won't be attending the bbq...like Diego, lots of stuff to do with the kids...hair cut/baseball/karate/school projects...never ends man...

Now you went and did it Diego...I gotta get myself to Thelma's now...I can't get enough of "Thelma's Special..."you know how long of a drive it is for me to go from Kaneohe to Waipahu???...That is the best Roast Pork I have ever tasted!!! Hands down...

Eh, if you guys haven't tried it...it's crispy roast pork with bits of onions and tomatoes in this sauce (shoyu based)...it's the bomb! You gotta try it...
Brent, that dish you're talking about is called Lechon Kawali. It's awesome!!! Also, the chicken adobo fried-rice omellette.

Julie'Z in Kapolei is also great for the same foods.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info Josh!

Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Brent, that dish you're talking about is called Lechon Kawali. It's awesome!!! Also, the chicken adobo fried-rice omellette.

Julie'Z in Kapolei is also great for the same foods.
I only knew it as "Thelma's Special"....I also had a co-worker just tell me about their adobo fried rice omelet...guess where I'm going to lunch on Friday!!!

Josh...what is the sauce they use in the lechon kawali??? And Julie'Z in Kapolei (by Lowe's???) has the same thing??? Alright!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Talking Sounds good

Originally Posted by the5ilenced
we could watch a bunch of harry potter movies?
or MI1, 2, and 3 at the theater? :banana:
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Heh heh...contrary to what most think (shoyu) it's actually patis (fish sauce). Brent, you owe it to yourself to sample the lechon kawali at Julie'Z in Kapolei. It's by En Fuego (another awesome place for food).

I actually know the family that runs Thelma's. I went to school w/their daughters. Thelma is the mom. Good food, eh?

I only knew it as "Thelma's Special"....I also had a co-worker just tell me about their adobo fried rice omelet...guess where I'm going to lunch on Friday!!!

Josh...what is the sauce they use in the lechon kawali??? And Julie'Z in Kapolei (by Lowe's???) has the same thing??? Alright!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Wink

Heh heh...contrary to what most think (shoyu) it's actually patis (fish sauce). Brent, you owe it to yourself to sample the lechon kawali at Julie'Z in Kapolei. It's by En Fuego (another awesome place for food).

I actually know the family that runs Thelma's. I went to school w/their daughters. Thelma is the mom. Good food, eh?
yes their lechon kawali is the bomb...umm i knew one of the daughters haha(wink)...

Last edited by de pilipino guy; 05-15-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
^^yeah wot, does her kid still call you daddy???
Old 05-15-2006, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
*updated*

please copy and paste then add your name by what your bringing and re-post.

THE LIST: please post what you are bringing example: hotdog's

Main dish:
1.Dale (boostin suby guy) 10lbs Carne Asada (marinated beef) and 40 tortillas
2.(shiroikage suby guy):roast pork either from Golden Coin, or if I can swing it, maybe some Thelma's Special."maybe due to other comitments"
3.Chicken (Dylan evo guy)

Side dishes:

Pupus:
1. Shrimp poke (Carlo evo guy)
2. Shoyu Ahi oke (Carlo evo guy)
3. Tako poke (Carlo evo guy)

Drinks&ice:
1.Alain (infmethodz suby guy) 1- 12 packs of coca cola and 1- 12 packs of sprite
2.Kai (mokeOne suby guy) beer, one case of. bud light ok for everyone?
3.(3) 12 packs of soda (chris evo guy)

Chips & dip:
1. Kai (mokeOne suby guy) huge bag of doritos
2.1. chips (robert evo guy)
3. -other- some bomb-*** kookies Very Happy (white haze evo guy)

Dessert:

plates&napkins/forks&knives(please say which one's your bringing):
3. Kai (mokeOne suby guy) cups for said beer and other drinks.

Last edited by shaggadelic; 05-15-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:53 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
prayers also to your friends father at least he's in a better place.
I appreciate it Shagz.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 AM

Thanks for the thoughts Brent. Yeah, just thinking about Thelma's Special makes me soooo hungry. I remember when I took my wife there for the first time, she thought it looked kinda gross (but Filipino food has not been known to be pretty), but after one taste, she was hooked my whole family loves it. We eat one order there and always have an order to go. My dad used to make a similar concoction. When he made pork tinono (pork marinated in vinegar, salt, and pepper then grilled over open fire) he sliced the pork up and tossed it in patis, sliced onions and tomatoes. I'll try to stop by the park, but can't probably stay for long.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:32 AM

heh heh...

Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
yes their lechon kawali is the bomb...umm i knew one of the daughters haha(wink)...
baadd boy....
Old 05-16-2006, 08:36 AM

hmmm...she told me shoyu...

So Josh, I thought it might be Patis...but I didn't smell the strong aroma....

So is it pure Patis or shoyu mixed? Would you happen to know the magical elixir??? If so, please do share...

good food is an understatement...but I will have to try Juliez...I just seem to like the old school restaurants where the mom's recipes are, no respect to the daughters...god forbid...heh heh...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:40 AM

Diego, when you going?

Originally Posted by shiroikage
Thanks for the thoughts Brent. Yeah, just thinking about Thelma's Special makes me soooo hungry. I remember when I took my wife there for the first time, she thought it looked kinda gross (but Filipino food has not been known to be pretty), but after one taste, she was hooked my whole family loves it. We eat one order there and always have an order to go. My dad used to make a similar concoction. When he made pork tinono (pork marinated in vinegar, salt, and pepper then grilled over open fire) he sliced the pork up and tossed it in patis, sliced onions and tomatoes. I'll try to stop by the park, but can't probably stay for long.
Yeah...me to...I may just stop in to say hi...

Maybe I'll see you guys there...

So, just Patis eh...nothing else? Ho, but the smell of that fish sauce inside the house....I need to get an outside fryer...wife goes nutso...
Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 PM

Yeah...me to...I may just stop in to say hi...

Maybe I'll see you guys there...

So, just Patis eh...nothing else? Ho, but the smell of that fish sauce inside the house....I need to get an outside fryer...wife goes nutso...
Brent, I know what you mean. My mom used to use the hardcore stuff...BAGOONG. That stuff used to come in the gallon mayonaise jars from the Philippines. It was these fish just falling apart in that god forsaken sauce (but oh so good with mango). When she used that stuff, the flies always crowded the screen door. As far as what time I'll be there, my son's dentist appointment in Kaneohe is @ noon. My wife says that she'll take the kids to Windward Mall after the appointment, giving me to about 2:00 pm to hang-out. Our hair appointments are at 3:00 pm in town. I'll probably meet them at Kualoa just past noon, or maybe if I'm lucky maybe I'll be able to catch the caravan down, since Shaggy seems to be leaving the NEX @ 11:30 am. Brent, what's your plans?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MITSU/SUBY BBQ: May 20th @ Kualoa beach park