i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Loud exhaust!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/loud-exhaust-206784/)

no_way56 07-09-2009 06:05 PM

Loud exhaust!!!

Well today i was just passing by Restaurant Row and pulled next to a sheriff "wanna be cop car" no offense. We were at stop at a stop light, but when the light turned green the sheriff decides to switch into my lane right in back of me. we drive for about two seconds then decides to pull me over. There was a new guy and veteran that came out of the car. i had no clue why he pulled me over because i never gotten pulled over before.

Deputy ask me for my license, registration and insurance. After i give him my info. the trainee talks story with me. Super chill guy and the veteran walks around my car and does some investigation. The Veteran tells me that he pulled me over for not having RECON, due to my suspension not having the bounce allowance. i tried to plead my case buy telling him that the Sti model has stiffer suspension than most cars. So when he looks at the registration i had a certain model that allowed this type of stiff suspension. i thought i was off the hook, then tells im gonna have to cite you for your loud exhaust. i was like wtf.

to my knowledge i thought you didnt need recon for exhaust. This veteran was a dkic and just found every possible way to give me a ticket. Now im -$72 in the hole.

Should i go to court and fight it? If yeah is there a cite where i can get a print out the requirements of recon. OR should i just pay for it. LMK if this has happen to you. thanks

sjsilversuby 07-09-2009 06:58 PM

payit

just pay it and move on, thats what i do

JourdanWithaU 07-09-2009 07:04 PM

Is your exhaust stock? If it is stock, then fight it. If you swapped out your exhaust with something else, now you know what the phrase, "you gotta pay to play" means.

STiAlain 07-09-2009 07:12 PM

when did they start giving tickets for loud exhaust?

no_way56 07-09-2009 07:26 PM

looks like i got to take my losses. damn rsr exhaust.

xhengmanx 07-09-2009 07:43 PM

guys dont forget he is in hawaii, they have different regulations over there i believe.

HxllxMan 07-09-2009 07:53 PM

I got 2 tickets one for exhaust and oversize rims ( recon )
And no front license.

But I saw while waiting a Big hummer with bling bling rims and no license... never got pulled.

ScoobyWho? 07-09-2009 09:42 PM

pay em. just watch out next time. if you see a cop, try to stay far from them. kinda dikcs they pulled you over. it's not like cops have v8's with loud exhausts too. probably even louder. i got an rsr also and never getting rid of it. it sounds way too cherry. what's a suby without the deep loud rumble.

04sleeper 07-09-2009 09:42 PM

you dont need a recon for exhaust but it still has to be inaudible from 30ft or you will get a citation. having it isn't bad, it's hearing it that gets you in trouble. pay the fine

AMLIBERATOR 07-09-2009 11:16 PM

true story, i went to court to battle that citation as well as no recon, and other etc.
i contested and i said that there was no form of measurement, either a decibel meter or any other type of sound meter, to determine that my exhaust was indeed excessively loud. there is no recorded level.
you dont need to go to court, just write a letter. i had to go since i forgot my new insurance card @ home. doh.

june.rs 07-09-2009 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=no_way56;2661229]looks like i got to take my losses. damn rsr exhaust.[/QUOTE]

told you what the consequences were before buying that exhaust. not sure about the recon thing.

Haole-Pino 07-09-2009 11:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ahhhh..Screw that. Dont pay that BS "Loud Exhaust" ticket....Thats easy to get out of. Here afew cases I've been in, And I didn't have to pay NOTHING.....Just PM me if you need advice on what to say to the judge. I'm HIIC reigning champion when It comes to gettting pulled over for stupid ****

[ATTACH]143829[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]143830[/ATTACH]

Haole-Pino 07-09-2009 11:44 PM

Oh ya, I also have a RSR Exhaust too :thumb: I love it....Car alarms beware Muuu Ha Ha ;)

04sleeper 07-09-2009 11:48 PM

idk why you guys do things you know are illegal and then try to get out of it. you did the crime, you know you did the crime. pony up and pay the piper. we all know that as soon as you mod your car it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over. imo you need to stop wasting the courts time and taxpayer dollars and just pay what you owe. it's not like it was a bogus charge.

Vend 07-10-2009 12:45 AM

when i got pulled over doin 40 on a 35 mph onramp, the cop gave me this speech about how my loud exhaust makes us want to burn rubber and blah blah... he gave me crap about it but didnt ticket me for it or anything... just apparently "speeding"