i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   I know there is a spotted thread.. but.. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/i-know-there-spotted-thread-but-34417/)

crazyhorse 10-12-2003 04:14 PM

I know there is a spotted thread.. but..

Well I meant to post here BEFORE my trip to Hawaii but I was so tied up with family stuff that I wouldn't have had time to get away anyways.

Quite a few scoobies on Oahu but there is one that REALLY stood out.

Grey GC8 with what looks like a pretty thorough Vers 6 conversion. (I may have the version incorrect..) Noticed the car in the parking garage of the Mandarin hotel/public beach access on the 4th and I think I might have spotted it again in a driveway on School Rd. on my way to the Bishop museum this past saturday. Looked like prodrive calipers under the wheels, didn't have a chance to check it out up close, was kinda pressed for time when I noticed it in the parking garage.

Hrm.. saw a WRX at Zippy's in Kailua.. there was a blue RS that I saw several times around that area as well.

Oh.. spotted an 04 silver RS at the Pali overlook on Saturday as well. Younger kid driving it I believe.

You wouldn't have noticed me... I was stuck in a Buick rental for my stay on the island. :rolleyes:

Chibby Goku 10-12-2003 04:32 PM

Cool, you have family down here?

Come visit us next time. I have Wackie's old fmic; the one that you welded.:D

crazyhorse 10-12-2003 04:35 PM

My brother is actually working at Dolphin Quest for the next couple of months over at the Mandarin. NICE hotel... Couldn't quite swing that so I stayed over in Kailua.. I think I'd prefer that to downtown anyways. Not sure when I'll have the dinero to get back out there but I'm definitely looking forward to another trip.

Note: Kite surfing is not nearly as easy as it looks.... lol

Mister 2 10-13-2003 11:28 AM

Hey I met your brother, Jon. I am/was an active member of the local MR2 group.

Hope you enjoyed your stay here.

crazyhorse 10-13-2003 12:23 PM

He had mentioned running into someone that had heard of my wrxhackers website. =) I must find the cash to make another trip there soon. When all else fails I'll just turn to a life of crime or something! :D

ds baruuuuu 10-13-2003 11:32 PM

the blue rs was me hope it was after i washed it:D

crazyhorse 10-13-2003 11:34 PM

lol i must have seen that thing like 10 times while i was staying there.. looked clean enough to me. :) I was just wishing I had my scooby there for the awful traffic.. no fun merging in a huge barge... I think some of the cruise ships i saw at the harbor weren't much bigger.

gpatmac 10-14-2003 01:34 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by crazyhorse [/i]
[B]He had mentioned running into someone that had heard of my wrxhackers website. =) I must find the cash to make another trip there soon. When all else fails I'll just turn to a life of crime or something! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if I've ever met your brother, but I can tell you that my member number is pretty low. Joined Oct. 2, 2002. I would say that if it weren't for your website, my UTEC would have been a very technical looking paperweight.

If you get here before March, we'll have to linkup so you can share some of the knowledge you've gained. ;) I would share but that would only take about 4 minutes.