i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   How to install center caps? or: Apparently I suck at life... help (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/how-install-center-caps-apparently-i-suck-life-help-234827/)

usmcrockstar 09-11-2011 03:17 AM

How to install center caps? or: Apparently I suck at life... help

So apparently I am retarded and cannot figure out how to get my center caps without breaking them. They go on almost all the way and when I think they are going to pop in they just pop back out. Is there a trick to getting them on or something? Or am I just totally incompetent lol

4080wrx 09-11-2011 07:22 AM

probably incompetent.....nah nah no seriously give it one good whack with your fist. Jersey fist pump maybe.

or maybe a rubber mallet with a rag over the cap?

CaliSuby 09-11-2011 07:24 AM

Rubbe mallet with rag in top... I just popped mime in last weekend

JourdanWithaU 09-11-2011 09:06 AM

Rubber mallets?!

Just punch it! Like with your bare fist!

GD916 09-11-2011 09:14 AM

I usually borrow thors hammer, does the work for u

rally_wrx 09-11-2011 10:27 AM

Falcon punch with a rag. Unless it's screw type.

PSBeachBum 09-11-2011 11:15 AM

I usually just head butt the **** outta it. Make sure to use a rag so you dont scuff it

usmcrockstar 09-11-2011 02:40 PM

thors hammer sounds like a plan. thor is probably hung over this morning though so I will have to wait until monday to call him :rofl:

seriously though, I thought the rubber mallet might work but I dont own one so I was hoping to do it at home and not at the hobby shop. bare fist works for **** lol

808_lgt 09-11-2011 04:05 PM

What kinda rims? Sometimes it's hard to pound in and you just gotta be a man and whack dat faka. Others have a ring that holds it in place and needs to be removed.

usmcrockstar 09-11-2011 08:51 PM

gram lights. I thought the center caps were going to be metal but apparently Rays is cheap and goes with plastic.

xhengmanx 09-11-2011 09:31 PM

just give it a good smack and it will pop in. They make it tough like that to prevent people from stealing it.

die_lawn 09-11-2011 09:57 PM

I don't think I've ever had metal center caps so I don't know what you're talking about.. My Works, Volks, Mugen, and any big name wheels I've had were all plastic..

808_lgt 09-11-2011 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=usmcrockstar;3131739]gram lights. I thought the center caps were going to be metal but apparently Rays is cheap and goes with plastic.[/QUOTE]
My volks were crazy hard to take off and put on. I think you're being kinda girly and not using enough force lol. Btw a lot of plastic center caps have the metal ring that helps hold um in place when it's on the wheel. Idk if yours does or not but yea. Just give it a man whack dude.
[QUOTE=die_lawn;3131785]I don't think I've ever had metal center caps so I don't know what you're talking about.. My Works, Volks, Mugen, and any big name wheels I've had were all plastic..[/QUOTE]
My volks had metal center caps. The ones that came with the wheels when I bought them, and the extra set I bought to get painted were.

4080wrx 09-11-2011 10:56 PM

Damn Bro your Marine, you need to use some of that super grunt stuff you guys are issued. 

usmcrockstar 09-12-2011 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=die_lawn;3131785]I don't think I've ever had metal center caps so I don't know what you're talking about.. My Works, Volks, Mugen, and any big name wheels I've had were all plastic..[/QUOTE]

I had Tenzos on my Eclipse back in the day that had metal center caps. Some of the other Rays ones are supposed to be metal, or at least thats what it said on the site I bought them from...

[QUOTE=4080wrx;3131809]Damn Bro your Marine, you need to use some of that super grunt stuff you guys are issued. [/QUOTE]

lol, I was using my bare hand and trying not to break it or the caps. The only other thing I had at my disposal was an up pipe. But if you think all marines are badasses then you need to take a good look at some of the guys in my unit... bunch of fat little ****s lol.