i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   HID & FOG light kit suggestions? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/hid-fog-light-kit-suggestions-246186/)

Juicewuh 11-10-2012 10:58 AM

HID & FOG light kit suggestions?

Hi I'm a new member to I-Club.

Just wanted to get some suggestions on where I can get HID & FOG light kit for my 2013 WRX Hatchback before I go out and check on my own locally or online. Haven't navigated my way around online yet to find accessories because idk trusted and good deal websites.

Mahalo.

-Josh

iDriveMyi 11-10-2012 11:07 AM

OEM foglight kit.
[url=http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_127_129&products_id=1846]Subaru Impreza Fog Light Kit 2012 2013, SubaruGenuineParts.com[/url]

The HID kit is up to you. A lot of people go with the DDM kit but I would suggest 35watt for the fogs and not a 55watt. Good luck!

sooby s 11-10-2012 11:14 AM

I am using ebay kits :)) it is a hit or miss kind of thing but ive bought a bunch of them for my civic and sooby and they have lasted quite awhile. Costed about $25 shipped and they r still pretty bright. I believe the brand is xenondepot.

esousa22 11-10-2012 11:17 AM

as for the HID kit, ddmtuning is pretty reputable. I know a lot of people that buy HIDs from them

PSBeachBum 11-10-2012 11:47 AM

[QUOTE="sooby s"]I am using ebay kits :)) it is a hit or miss kind of thing but ive bought a bunch of them for my civic and sooby and they have lasted quite awhile. Costed about $25 shipped and they r still pretty bright. I believe the brand is xenondepot.[/QUOTE]

Same here. When getting a eBay kit buy a different wire harness that connect to your battery to prevent the whole flickering thing. And i will HIT on this before the trolls do. Blah blah blah HID in a Non-HID housing=Bad blah blah blah blinding other people blah blah blah

Brfatal 11-10-2012 12:12 PM

You can't use HIDs in your foglights. It's dangerous and actually completely ruins their intended functionality. Fog lights are no auxiliary lighting. Their range is too short.

esousa22 11-10-2012 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=Brfatal;3315258]You can't use HIDs in your foglights. It's dangerous and actually completely ruins their intended functionality. Fog lights are no auxiliary lighting. Their range is too short.[/QUOTE]

I dont think he said anything about HID fog lights. What I understand from the OP is that he/she wants HIDs in their headlights and regular foglights because the car doesnt have them at the moment, but I could be mistaken.

Oh and you CAN use them in your foglights but it is illegal and dangerous, it does look pretty nice though for pics lol

seckSti 11-10-2012 12:37 PM

ddm tuning for hid kit. used to be expensive from them but over the years its become so affordable and they have good customer service. my ballasts in the past for my rsx was acting funky so they just sent me new ballasts.

they dont have any aftermarket fog light kits i think. ive tried looking but to no avail. so i will most likely get the oem ones after i save some money.

if u plan to use hid fogs technically u can so dont listen to anyone that tells u otherwise. your own car and **** so it's your choice. practical or for looks

Sent from my i4s using i-Club

iDriveMyi 11-10-2012 12:55 PM

I have HIDs in my fog lights and it actually improved visibility and it looks good.

Brfatal 11-10-2012 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=seckSti;3315268]
if u plan to use hid fogs technically u can so dont listen to anyone that tells u otherwise. your own car and **** so it's your choice. practical or for looks[/QUOTE]

Typical response for someone who knows nothing about what's being done and chooses to be upwardly stuck up about it rather than tying to learn why people are against it. Looking cool is more important than functionality and safety? Are you 12?

[QUOTE=iDriveMyi;3315272]I have HIDs in my fog lights and it actually improved visibility and it looks good.[/QUOTE]

Again, this is false. Your car is a mobile road hazard. You're sending more light up than you are down, and the light facing down is only lighting up the immediate 10 ft in front of your car, a distance where your headlights would have already long lit up and where it would be impossible to avoid something.

iDriveMyi 11-10-2012 01:44 PM

You're a joke, the front of my car is 2 inches from the ground. The foglights do NOT send light upwards and when installing them last year I only put one in and kept the other side stock, waited for a foggy morning to try them out and guess which side worked better? The 3500k 35watt HIDs lit up the road a lot better then the stock halogen.

seckSti 11-10-2012 01:44 PM

[QUOTE="Brfatal"]

Typical response for someone who knows nothing about what's being done and chooses to be upwardly stuck up about it rather than tying to learn why people are against it. Looking cool is more important than functionality and safety? Are you 12?

Again, this is false. Your car is a mobile road hazard. You're sending more light up than you are down, and the light facing down is only lighting up the immediate 10 ft in front of your car, a distance where your headlights would have already long lit up and where it would be impossible to avoid something.[/QUOTE]

what are u going to do about? nothing. and yes i like it for looks than actual functionality because i can see well enough with hid headlights already. and u assume we know nothing but in fact we actuallt know of the hazards but choose not to care about others but ourselves. if u have a problem with that go cry to some other ppl that actually care and not on here cause alot of ppl actually don't.

Brfatal 11-10-2012 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=seckSti;3315288]and u assume we know nothing but in fact we actuallt know of the hazards but choose not to care about others but ourselves. if u have a problem with that go cry to some other ppl that actually care and not on here cause alot of ppl actually don't.[/QUOTE]

I guess we have the answer to my last question. You're a real winner. [ATTACH]109411[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=iDriveMyi;3315287]You're a joke, the front of my car is 2 inches from the ground. The foglights do NOT send light upwards and when installing them last year I only put one in and kept the other side stock, waited for a foggy morning to try them out and guess which side worked better? The 3500k 35watt HIDs lit up the road a lot better then the stock halogen.[/QUOTE]

HIDs completely kill functionality in fog. Ever drive in the stuff with your brights on? You can't see anything but a white wall. For their use in bad weather, 'dimmer' light is required to prevent too much glare and refraction. Ever wonder why not reputable light manufacturer on earth makes/markets HID fog lights? The primary purpose fog lights are designed for is to help aid your eyes in seeing contrast (rather, enough to distinguish lane markers...which is why they are such short ranged). Fog lights actually glare by design as well, so yes they are sending a ton of light up. Drive in front of a car with HID fog lately? It's blinding.

Knowledge is a sick joke right?

WRX~Mike 11-10-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE="seckSti"]

what are u going to do about? nothing. and yes i like it for looks than actual functionality because i can see well enough with hid headlights already. and u assume we know nothing but in fact we actuallt know of the hazards but choose not to care about others but ourselves. if u have a problem with that go cry to some other ppl that actually care and not on here cause alot of ppl actually don't.

Sent from my i4s using i-Club[/QUOTE]

Lol

seckSti 11-10-2012 01:52 PM

[QUOTE="Brfatal"]

I guess we have the answer to my last question. You're a real winner. [/QUOTE]

just stop responding before u get this thread locked too.....