i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   Does anybody have pics/info on that Forester "STi" from the Auto Show? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/does-anybody-have-pics-info-forester-sti-auto-show-132317/)

sneezerboi 04-16-2006 11:50 PM

Does anybody have pics/info on that Forester "STi" from the Auto Show?

I'm curious about this car. I'm hearing it's black on gold too. I'm also hearing that they claim to be the first and only to create this kind of Forester. So it's on an STi suspension w/altered boost, right? It's not like me to get peeved about something like this, but they even chose to do black/gold!

While I'm almost flattered that somebody would mod a Forester, give credit where it's due. I know for a FACT that all the Subaru dealerships on the island know about me and what I've done with the Forester. They always tell me how several people come in asking if they're selling a Forester STi and they say, "no" and that the one they saw is actually an XT and to come talk to me.

Maybe I'm just tired. I need rest :)

iNfEk 04-17-2006 12:02 AM

no it's wrong for them to claim something when it's not actually true. haven't seen it myself but yours is the closest thing to one that i've seen. unless they had unlimited amount of funds to actually make it a "real" one then i'd have to say BS. i say they are just biters.

Jon

motomech 04-17-2006 12:06 AM

I have pics, but for some reason I can not upload them.
Its not an Sti, its an 06 with Sti stickers, suspension, rims, radiator cap, foot pedals, and a boost guage. The dealer is selling it as an Sti package up-grade.

BOOSTiN 04-17-2006 12:07 AM

here they are!

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/booSTin_i-club/HinDec05FXTSTi2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/booSTin_i-club/HinDec05FXTSTi.jpg[/IMG]

sneezerboi 04-17-2006 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=motomech]I have pics, but for some reason I can not upload them.
Its not an Sti, its an 06 with Sti stickers, suspension, rims, radiator cap, foot pedals, and a boost guage. The dealer is selling it as an Sti package up-grade.[/QUOTE]

Hey Brian, howzit? I know it's not a genuine STi. I think we know that if a real one came here, I'd probably be the first to jump on it :).

And as far as the "STi package upgrade", that was my idea. I told the Waipahu dealership to send inquiring customers my way, but I guess I can't expect that, right? I'm not a certified mechanic of any sort. On top of that, I can imagine them charging STi prices for those "STi Foresters". A bone stock '06 XT goes for $34,000+ !!! Pflueger is out of their minds!!! A Forester X goes for more than I paid for my XT brand new! Now add the price of those "STi mods" and you're quickly approaching $40K! You know they're going to charge top dollar for parts and stickers.

wrxgrl 04-17-2006 12:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]196704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]196705[/ATTACH]

sneezerboi 04-17-2006 12:55 AM

This is driving me to do a more extensive conversion. I've already been looking into the FSTi body kit. :)

What is needed for a true conversion:

FSTi TMIC (which is identical in dimension to the USDM WRX TMIC)
FSTi hood scoop (identical to '02/'03 v7 JDM WRX STi hood scoop)
VF41 turbo
FSTi full suspension
Brembo brakes
Full 6 speed swap w/DCCD
Full black dash (USDM Foresters have the grey dash trim, JDM FSTis have black w/silver dials/knobs)
FSTi seats
18" FSTi wheels (only come in silver) and are a real b*tch to find
JDM front clip
JDM FSTi HIDs (how's that for acronyms!:))
STi steering rack

caterpill 04-17-2006 05:10 AM

No body popped teh hood on that baby? :D

I went to the show but I think I missed it. For some reason, halfway through I was kind of out of it..

Saul_Goode 04-17-2006 12:15 PM

Damn, i forget how expensive hawaii is after bein in the mainland almost 2years

WfknRX 04-17-2006 01:11 PM

????

anybody can "SLAP" on some STi stickers and STi accessories, and call it a STi converstion...a true STi converstion is one with the whole STi powertran...im not hate'n on anybody but, i just dont like false claims:(:(

de pilipino guy 04-17-2006 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=sneezerboi]Hey Brian, howzit? I know it's not a genuine STi. I think we know that if a real one came here, I'd probably be the first to jump on it :).

And as far as the "STi package upgrade", that was my idea. I told the Waipahu dealership to send inquiring customers my way, but I guess I can't expect that, right? I'm not a certified mechanic of any sort. On top of that, I can imagine them charging STi prices for those "STi Foresters". A bone stock '06 XT goes for $34,000+ !!! Pflueger is out of their minds!!! A Forester X goes for more than I paid for my XT brand new! Now add the price of those "STi mods" and you're quickly approaching $40K! You know they're going to charge top dollar for parts and stickers.[/QUOTE]
your right you probably be the first one to jump on it....i have to say that i love what you and Brian did to both of your Forrester....

de pilipino guy 04-17-2006 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=motomech]I have pics, but for some reason I can not upload them.
Its not an Sti, its an 06 with Sti stickers, suspension, rims, radiator cap, foot pedals, and a boost guage. The dealer is selling it as an Sti package up-grade.[/QUOTE]
is this Brian with the other Forrester?

motomech 04-18-2006 02:03 AM

[QUOTE=de pilipino guy]is this Brian with the other Forrester?[/QUOTE]
the white one with the 5% tint

motomech 04-18-2006 02:06 AM

[QUOTE=de pilipino guy]is this Brian with the other Forrester?[/QUOTE]
the white one with the 5% tint, although now its 2 white ones(recently picked up a 2000 and Im currently trying to sell the honda)

sneezerboi 04-18-2006 02:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sweet! So you have an SF (1st gen) Forester also? Check these out for some inspiration!