i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   cell phone saved and almost destroyed my life today!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/cell-phone-saved-almost-destroyed-my-life-today-142148/)

shaggadelic 08-08-2006 02:06 AM

cell phone saved and almost destroyed my life today!!!

well i was @ a 4way stop sign today after i droped my son of at school. so i stopped and look there was no one at any of the other 3 signs so i start to roll the i stop relizing that i need to call my work real fast so i reached down and grabed my phone and looked up and was about to go then vroooom i saw a guy in a mitsubishi run the stop sign while he was talking on the phone. this all happened within 12seconds. i was like thank god i went for my phone or else i would of got T-BONED and the guy wasn't doing no 25mph he was ripping it. i would say 40+

for all of you that know kaneohe it was the street that there is a painting on the wall where the basketball courts are across of the district park

Haole-Pino 08-08-2006 03:17 AM

OMG Shaggy.....Thank god you came out OK :) .......but hypothetically speaking, If you did get hit....Did you leave anything in your will for me???? hmmmmm :D j/k glad your ok bro......

Island Style 08-08-2006 11:15 AM

What you live on this side now?

Shaggs...man...that is a bad intersection...there are several crossroads on Kahekili Hwy that are really dangerous like that...

I've learned to make sure I look prior to moving...and if I hesitate, to do another once over...cars go flying down that road...

Glad you are safe...

shaggadelic 08-08-2006 02:44 PM

yeh i'm never going that way again

turboedracer 08-08-2006 04:03 PM

wow thats crazy, i hate people that talk on the cell phone and u can see that there are not lookin at the road or anything around them, there lost in there own world

islandboy78 08-08-2006 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=shaggadelic]well i was @ a 4way stop sign today after i droped my son of at school. so i stopped and look there was no one at any of the other 3 signs so i start to roll the i stop relizing that i need to call my work real fast so i reached down and grabed my phone and looked up and was about to go then vroooom i saw a guy in a mitsubishi run the stop sign while he was talking on the phone. this all happened within 12seconds. i was like thank god i went for my phone or else i would of got T-BONED and the guy wasn't doing no 25mph he was ripping it. i would say 40+

for all of you that know kaneohe it was the street that there is a painting on the wall where the basketball courts are across of the district park[/QUOTE]

Remind me not to go there.

808subaru 08-09-2006 09:20 PM

that intersection is really bad. people always make that right turn by that wall and cut me off on a weekly basis, if you aren't taking that right turn, i'd suggest staying in the center lane, or keeping an eye out. Many drivers have forced me to change my brakes.