i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   alignment shop (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/alignment-shop-204591/)

inpurressa 05-25-2009 04:40 PM

alignment shop

Anyone can suggest me a good alignment shop that can do custom settings?

808subaru 05-25-2009 05:22 PM

There are many reputable alignment shops that should all be able to do custom settings. Island brake is one i've used in years past. Pacific automotive and R&D does them as well.

shaggadelic 05-25-2009 07:47 PM

R&D doesn't do them. they send them out to pac auto

uptheundagrnd 05-25-2009 09:11 PM

wheres pacific automotive at? imma need some wheel/spring/alignment shiz done soon.

markpaco 05-25-2009 10:10 PM

+1 on Island Brake. I took my Lancer there to fix the jacked up stock alignment and sure enough, it was out of spec.

I just was there a couple weeks ago getting my toyota aligned for recon. They nailed it dead on.

It is next to best buy aiea so you can screw around over there while they work on your car. Pearlridge isn't too far either. Plus you can go to Cutter Mitsu and check out the Ralliarts.

Edit: oops, forgot this was a suby forum, hehe.

kolohe_04sti 05-26-2009 01:02 AM

i've also been going to Island Brake and Alignment in Aiea for the past couple of years and they are very friendly, efficient and professional. their price is also very reasonable ($95 plus tax), and very careful with your aftermarket rims.

jocool 05-26-2009 10:53 AM

You Can Try Scotty's Alignment on Kamehameha Hwy - he did mine last week!

4080wrx 05-26-2009 12:18 PM

+1 for Island Brake and Alignment..........they are lowered car friendly!

xurusaibobx 05-26-2009 08:24 PM

plus for scottys

Vend 05-27-2009 05:30 PM

Anyone have the phone numbers for PacAuto and Island ?

steak 06-04-2009 10:35 AM

anyone know of a place that does lifetime alignment? Like the ones you can return every year to get aligned.

Island Style 06-05-2009 11:18 AM

+1 Island Brake and Alignment

I'll be taking my STi in soon for a new alignment due to a change in my suspension setup...

The last time, I just dropped off the car...I walked across the street for some Pho...came back and my car was good to go. They give you a spec sheet with your settings...

I had my fronts set at -1 and my rears at -1.5 with zero toe...with only a -.5 change in both my front and rear, my Sti handled much better than the stock settings with very little additional camber wear...I'll probably go with these setting again after I install my camber plates up front.

bpang1 06-05-2009 11:27 AM

Brent is that the place you sent me to the time that I asked around? I swear you were the one that recommended the place I went to.

If that's the one near Ala Moana, Ward, etc....that's a good ass place.

Island Style 06-05-2009 11:55 AM

Hey Blake,

That place was called Lindsey's and was located right next to McKinley Car Wash off of Kapiolani blvd...they were inexpensive and good, but it was hard to get to with all the car wash traffic...I'm not sure if they are still there or not...I think Pacific Auto and Island Brake are more tuner spec friendly also...they will dial in what you want...Lindsey's pretty much liked to stay within factory spec...

After that, I used to take my car to Pacific Auto when they were near Queen street...but they moved, so now I take my car to Island Brake and Alignment...

bpang1 06-05-2009 07:17 PM

I think it was Pacific Auto actually when it was near Queen St.