Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

looking to add some kick to a 2010 impreza outback sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX Hatchback
looking to add some kick to a 2010 impreza outback sport

What's up everyone. So I'm looking to boost the performance of my 2010 impreza outback sport. I've been looking around at some of the websites posted on here and have been having a hard time finding things for the 2010 year impreza. I am thinking of doing your standard upgrades like headers, exhaust, chip, etc. What I wanted to know is if anybody has any suggestions as to where to look for parts for a 2010, and also any other ideas that would add any combination of HP, torque, and MPG. I've heard good things
about borla but I looked on the website and from what I saw they only had things for previous years. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you. By The way I live in Sicklerville New Jersey if that helps.

Last edited by migaleddi; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Welcome to I club. Check out rallysportdirect.com
Or ask speed element one of our local vendors here
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Still at square one

I don't know if you noticed but mine is not a WRX or STI, it's n/a and everywhere I look only has parts for WRX/STI. I understand there probably isn't much for non-turbo Impreza's out there but if anyone knows where to look for parts for n/a Imprezas that would be great. I've also read about people getting custom exhausts done... do I need to know someone to do something like that or can I just go to somewhere that does exhaust (I've heard of people goinig to Meineke). Also, can I use parts for a WRX/STI on non-turbo depending on the specific parts? (My guess is no, I imagine you can't just interchange them) Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Hey i have a 09 subaru OBS. i got a SPT sports exhaust, and it sounds great. I would ask your dealer about the parts, because im trying to get sway bars for my car, and my dealer said that STI bars will fit on my but WRX wont. SO if you have a nice dealer that u know, ask them. Goodd luck with your car.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Some updates

So it's been a little while, but I've been asking around and finally called my dealership to inquire about parts. Like you said he told me that a couple parts for WRX/STI's will work on mine, but he doesn't know exactly which ones because at the parts department they don't have a list of what works on both, just what is MADE for either one. He also told me that the midpipe and muffler sections of the exhaust would work because it's the same chassis and frame and all, but it would void my powertrain warranty (which just equals me putting stock parts back on before service). So I guess at this point it's a matter of asking specific companies if their WRX/STI parts will work on a n/a as opposed to asking the dealer right? Aside from here and other forums I can't think of anywhere else to look.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza Outback Sport
If you want to go boosted, a company across the pond in the land down under is working on centrifugal sc kits, they are building it to run on stock internals and not kill the motor, kit has been used on many gc and gd, might have the kit for your model as well, o and you can take the sc off with just a wrench and a screwdriver in case smog or fix-it tickets pop up. Pm me if you want details, im not a vendor so i cant advertise, lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 PM

Car Info: Impreza Outback Sport 2011
migaleddi any news?

Hey, migaleddi just wondering if you ever found anything out? I have a 2011 Impreza Outback Sport & also having a hell of a time finding a performance exhaust system sine i don't have a WRX or STI. The dealer seems to be clueless.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza 2.5i
check out the impreza forum on nasioc. theres a thread for 08-10 2.5i
Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 PM

Car Info: Impreza Outback Sport 2011
ccalsubi, found the search, thanks

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 07-30-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: found answer
Old 03-29-2017, 12:05 AM

Car Info: 2009 Outback Sport
Same car

I have the same car and was wondering if you ever ended up finding any specific parts that matched up, and how they've performed'