i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) (https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-power-ej20t-pre-2006-wrx-jdm-60/)
-   -   can an04 wrx be reliably tuned to 350-400hp? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-power-ej20t-pre-2006-wrx-jdm-60/can-an04-wrx-reliably-tuned-350-400hp-64663/)

Frozenheat 07-04-2004 05:08 PM

can an04 wrx be reliably tuned to 350-400hp?

i have an 04 wrx wagon and was planning on getting an sti. a hundred plus mile an houur speeding ticket is now swaying my mind, so i was wondering if i should just work on wagon.

netzr0 07-04-2004 05:35 PM

your question makes no sense...
i will bet you if you have a 400hp wagon, that 100+ mph ticket is just as close as having an sti.

Frozenheat 07-04-2004 06:05 PM

the ticket suckes ass

my wagon is stock and i was on the freeway at 1 am no less, anyways, im just worried that the sti will cost too damn much with the increase in insurance paments so im thinking of just making the wagon a powerhouse/sleeper. i dont no what to do, cause i really do love damn near everthing about the sti

numbr17 07-05-2004 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=Frozenheat]my wagon is stock and i was on the freeway at 1 am no less, anyways, im just worried that the sti will cost too damn much with the increase in insurance paments so im thinking of just making the wagon a powerhouse/sleeper. i dont no what to do, cause i really do love damn near everthing about the sti[/QUOTE]

If you like modding a car, then stick with your Wagon. Make your WRX wagon YOUR wagon, if you know what I mean. I think it could be more fun to mod yours and make it really different/special, then to plop down 31,000 bucks and have a STi that costs a bundle more in insurance premiums...

Damaged Goods 07-05-2004 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=numbr17]If you like modding a car, then stick with your Wagon. Make your WRX wagon YOUR wagon, if you know what I mean. I think it could be more fun to mod yours and make it really different/special, then to plop down 31,000 bucks and have a STi that costs a bundle more in insurance premiums...[/QUOTE]

i agree
you can get an Sti and not afford to mod it and be like every other Sti out there, or you can take a little time with your car and make it YOURS. Doing the work on it and making it unique makes it even more enjoyable to drive and more satifying if you happen to go race and smoke somebody

as to your actual question, i would say sort of.
you can get 350hp out of a vf34 and some well planned mods. Your engine bay doesnt even have to look very modded if you dont want it to.
Things in cars break, add more power and they tend to break more. As long as you dont abuse your car the power should be fine, but if you are doing 7k clutch dumps and over revving you engine on every shift the power probably wont be reliable.

My_Red_Suby 07-05-2004 05:53 PM

What is thi gotta to do with the question. . . . . This ish here is False advertisement. haha

WRX Rush 07-06-2004 12:15 AM

Frozenheat-
Here is an effective and reliable way to get to 350-400hp.
-VF34 - VF22 Turbo (subarureview.com would be the best to explain those)
-STi Injectors
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-Perrin Fuel Rails (again with the subarureview.com)
-Full Free Flow Exhaust
And if you really feel the need to go that extra few HP, get a built engine from AXXIS Engineering. They know what they are doing.

Also I don't know where you are located but if you are near the Bay Area, CA then come by BP Performance in Pleasanton and we can start getting stuff for you and putting it on. Cheers and good luck.

WRX Rush

Ex-ricer 07-06-2004 12:24 AM

[QUOTE=WRX Rush]Frozenheat-
Here is an effective and reliable way to get to 350-400hp.
-VF34 - VF22 Turbo (subarureview.com would be the best to explain those)
-STi Injectors
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-Perrin Fuel Rails (again with the subarureview.com)
-Full Free Flow Exhaust
And if you really feel the need to go that extra few HP, get a built engine from AXXIS Engineering. They know what they are doing.

Also I don't know where you are located but if you are near the Bay Area, CA then come by BP Performance in Pleasanton and we can start getting stuff for you and putting it on. Cheers and good luck.

WRX Rush[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I'd say go with a bigger turbo. FP or PE would be prime ;)