Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

STI Accessport Dyno results....dyno plot attached

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Which accessport did you buy? As far as I know Cobb doesnt make it for the STI yet. If you are useing an accessport that is made for a WRX its not going to work very well since the mapping on a STI is totally different than the stock WRX. Here is the link to Cobb http://cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport-perf.html. If the company you bought it from knew you had an STI I would go complain to them because I dont know how safe that is.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:13 PM
VIP Member

It takes the ecu a while to learn the new map and you wont see the max performance untill around the third day. Also did you load stage 2 as real time or as the base map? Im pretty sure it needs to be the base map or you wont get good results. I wouldnt sell it yet, from what I've heard Cobb is very helpful so I would call them and see what they say.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

From what Ive read it takes longer than that but I dont know for sure. Check out this link, I dont know that this will work but its worth a try https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...learning+trick. If this doesnt work wait a few days and update us on any progress or lack of.

Good luck
Old 06-08-2004, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx
Im confused on what you're running.
on your dyno plot is says catted Dp, i thought you needed to run catless for stage 2
Old 06-08-2004, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

You dont need to be catless to run stage 2. Cobb even sells a downpipe with a high flow cat with their stage 2 power package http://cobbtuning.com/sti/power-s.html#stage2.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods
Im confused on what you're running.
on your dyno plot is says catted Dp, i thought you needed to run catless for stage 2
Catless is not required, hell even cobb sells a catted DP. I dont think waiting for the ECU to learn is going to net him any real significant gains either, I'd be dissappointed with that ****, doesn't cobb offer $$$ back for 30 days?

Last edited by Slack; 06-08-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:08 PM

Car Info: '09 Black Audi S5
What exactly does Cobb claim? Improved mid-range, or top-end, or both? BTW, dyno pulls are one thing, real world drivability is another. How does it drive/feel...what is your subjective opinion? Need to know more. Keep us updated.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

According to Shiv you can gain up to 20 hp after the ecu does its learning. I dont know this to be a fact but I would think Shiv knows what he is talking about. The learning trick link I posted above explains why.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BlkRex
What exactly does Cobb claim? Improved mid-range, or top-end, or both? BTW, dyno pulls are one thing, real world drivability is another. How does it drive/feel...what is your subjective opinion? Need to know more. Keep us updated.

http://cobbtuning.com/sti/images/ap-sti-stage2.gif
Old 06-08-2004, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
Originally Posted by MO REX
From what Ive read it takes longer than that but I dont know for sure. Check out this link, I dont know that this will work but its worth a try https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...learning+trick. If this doesnt work wait a few days and update us on any progress or lack of.

Good luck

FWIW, that learning trick only applies to WRX ECUs (except our remaps which already default to max output after installation). There is no such learning trick with the STi.

just my 2c,
shiv
________
Easy vape

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
I don't see what the fuss is about, he laid down about the same numbers as cobb did on their dyno. He's probably making alittle less power because he still has a cat. Cobb's dyno plot is catless I think.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
get it custom tune

im going to sell mine soon... unless they come out with the stage 3....

ECUTEK HERE I COME

Quick Reply: STI Accessport Dyno results....dyno plot attached