i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-158/)
-   -   EQ Tuning - Engine Build Packages! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-158/eq-tuning-engine-build-packages-208768/)

EQ Tuning 08-19-2009 03:00 PM

EQ Tuning - Built Engines!

[B]EQT Partners with IAG Performance![/B]

We are happy and proud to announce that we have partnered with IAG Performance to extend and transform our engine program. IAG has developed some of the best closed deck conversions available and have geared up to do all machining and assembly in house. They have gained an impressive reputation for their quality and attention to detail in producing the best built EJ25 blocks out there. By moving their operation fully in house, they have also been able to offer this incredible quality at a very competitive price point. This is a real win-win for the end consumer!

When we see this kind of combination of quality and price point, we always make every effort to offer such options to our customers. So we met with IAG and spent quite a bit of time developing a strategic working relationship that would benefit everyone including our loyal customer base. As a result, we now offer all of IAG's staged short blocks as well as many custom options that will be done at our request. This effort will result in our customers receiving the best final product and price, as well help to streamline our build process. This means less wait and less down time!

We still offer in house short block builds for select situations and applications, but most of the blocks we will be installing now will be coming from IAG. We have started adding these options to our online store. Please check them out here: [url=http://eqtuning.com/collections/iag-built-ej25-shortblocks]IAG Built EJ25 Shortblocks[/url].

Also please feel free to contact us for any questions, customization of blocks, and full build quotes.

[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0947/8790/products/IAG-ENG-1450-2_grande.jpg?v=1464134210[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0947/8790/products/IAG-ENG-1350-9_8a1f9ec8-4180-4f6d-9dd8-4c80c60eb1a8_large.jpg?v=1464133525[/IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0947/8790/products/IAG-ENG-1250-10_fdd920a3-6c44-4f02-8b11-aea6c3f0ceb8_large.jpg?v=1464133388[/IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0947/8790/products/IAG-ENG-1250-6_large.jpg?v=1464132835[/IMG]

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Head Work Options:[/U][/B][/SIZE]

[U][COLOR="Red"][b]New CNC Service for Hybrid Builds![/b][/COLOR][/U]
We have a great new option for the 2.0/2.5 hybrid folks! As most people know, when you run a 2.5l shortblock with 2.0l heads, the compression ratio is too high to safely run on pump gas. The common approach to resolve this is to use a thicker head gasket to try to bring the compression ratio down. While this can bring the overall compression ratio down, it is by no means ideal. The resulting combustion chamber shape remains inefficient since you're leaving the 2.0l chamber in the heads untouched. You are in essence shrinking the quench area and introducing several sharp edges to the combustion chamber that can build up heat and cause knock. This makes the engine less efficient than a full EJ257 with EJ257 heads.

Instead of using a thicker head gasket, we decided to try something a bit different. We worked closely with our machine shop to actually map out the combustion chamber of the EJ257 STI head and create a CNC program to replicate the exact same chamber every time. Using this program, we then set up the 2.0l head castings in the CNC and machine out an exact copy of the 2.5l combustion chamber into each 2.0l head casting. We are then able to use a quality OEM head gasket and maintain the exact compression ratio of a complete STI engine. This greatly improves the quench area and overall efficiency of the engine because you now have the exact same combustion chamber as a full EJ257.

We have done several hybrid builds with this approach now and have seen great results not only in overall power output, but especially in terms of crisp, smooth off-boost drivability and torque. We've also seen a significant increase in fuel economy as compared to a standard hybrid build. From a tuning standpoint, the difference is so significant, that we had to spend quite a bit of time building new base maps for these builds. Under low load conditions, these setups can run as much as 15-20 degrees more timing advance than a hybrid build with a thicker head gasket. This was a great thing to see as we end up with a timing curve much more similar to an STI rather than a WRX.

This service is available for any EJ205 heads.
[b]Price: $500[/b]

[U][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][b]EQ Basic Heads:[/b][/COLOR][/U]

This is the most basic head work that is required anytime you pull the heads and re-use them on a new block. This insures a true quality surface finish for proper head gasket sealing. This is only recommended for budget minded projects with relatively low mileage heads that should not require a valve job.

- Clean, Inspect, and Vacuum Test
- Precision Resurfacing

[B]Price: $200[/B]

[U][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][b]EQ Stage 1 Heads:[/b][/COLOR][/U]

This service is appropriate for higher mileage heads that require cleanup as well as more performance minded projects. This insures a true quality surface finish for proper head gasket sealing as well as a very precise valve job for unmatched valve sealing which increases overall power efficiency.

- Precision Resurfacing
- Precision 5-Angle Valve Job
- Valve Lash set to our strict specs

[B]Price: $900[/B]

[U][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][b]EQ Stage 2 Heads:[/b][/COLOR][/U]

This is all the same work as the Stage 1 Heads with the addition of a quality bowl blend to optimize the valve job. This is a performance oriented setup without spending the money for a full port and polish.

- Precision Resurfacing
- Bowl Blend (basic P&P)

[B]Price: $1150[/B]

[U][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][b]EQ Stage 3 Heads:[/b][/COLOR][/U]

This is the stage 2 head package but with a complete port and polish with gasket matching. This is for the absolute performance oriented builds looking to get the most efficiency possible out of their setups.

- Precision Resurfacing
- Full Port and Polish of combustion chamber and ports with gasket matching

[B]Price: $1700[/B]

[U][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][b]Additional Head Build Options:[/b][/COLOR][/U]

These are performance oriented options available as add-ons to the Stage 1+ head packages. Combining some of these select parts with the quality machine work offered in the staged packages results in the ultimate head setup for large turbo/power applications.

- Brian Crower Stage 2/Stage 3 Cams - [B]Price: $630 WRX; $670 STI[/B]

- Cosworth S1/S2 Cams - [B]Price: $1050[/B]

- Brian Crower Single Spring/Titanium Retainer Kit - [b]Price: $250[/b]

- SuperTech Dual Spring/Seat/Titanium Retainer Kit - [b]Price: $450[/b]

- SuperTech +1mm Oversized Valves (8 intake, 8 exhaust) - [B]Price: $445[/B]

- Oversized Valve Installation - [b]Price: $120[/b]

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries.

Thanks
-- Ed

RLLYRCR 08-19-2009 07:06 PM

Does this include labor for everything?

EQ Tuning 08-19-2009 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=RLLYRCR;2696358]Does this include labor for everything?[/QUOTE]

These are just shortblock build packages. Teardown and installation is not included. Please give us a call for quotes on full swaps.

Thanks
-- Ed

EQ Tuning 08-20-2009 02:20 PM

Bump... added some head build options!

We're also working on a CNC program to machine the combustion chamber of EJ207 heads to match the EJ257 heads. This way you don't have to use thicker head gaskets to bring down the compression ratio and you also greatly improve the quench area! This will really improve the efficiency of the EJ207/257 hybrid builds!

Thanks
-- Ed

04caliwrx 08-20-2009 06:11 PM

Bump for some good ish!! I dont mine and it is kicking butt! I feel sorry for anyone what wants to play with me now!!

Thanks EQ

EQ Tuning 08-20-2009 07:53 PM

Thanks for the support Matt. Now put those break-in miles on so we can tune that beast!

-- Ed

04caliwrx 08-20-2009 08:55 PM

Soon Ed, It sounds like I have everything on this list. I should be the EQ poster child for mucho big engine!

PikkaGTR 08-20-2009 10:40 PM

those are pretty darn good prices
now to look for a donor core
do you have any used sti short blocks laying around? hehe

EQ Tuning 08-21-2009 08:39 AM

Sorry. No cores at the moment but I'm working on getting a supply.

Thanks
-- Ed

EQ Tuning 08-22-2009 08:14 AM

Bump

EQ Tuning 08-23-2009 11:45 AM

bump

EQ Tuning 08-23-2009 10:01 PM

bump

EQ Tuning 08-24-2009 11:34 AM

bump

vroompsh 08-24-2009 12:13 PM

bump

04caliwrx 08-24-2009 01:13 PM

bump for my engine kicking ass!! I just need to drive is so I can get the good tune!!