i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.i-club.com/forums/drivetrain-67/)
-   -   name that noise (https://www.i-club.com/forums/drivetrain-67/name-noise-67804/)

p7r4e7y 07-31-2004 08:04 PM

name that noise

well its comming from the front passenger side when i accelerate and turn left(actualy make a 90 degree turn). actually its only when i accelerate and doesent happen when i just turn left. oh yeah and it doesnt do it turning right.

[B]its not quite a grinding noise, and not a squeek. it almost sounds like the tire is rubbing but there are no indications of wear.[/B]

its kinda like when your spring isnt seated quite right and its binding.

i have kyb agxs, ground control coilover sleves, cusco camber plates, and i just put in a v6 suretrac lsd in the front.

i just replaced the strut yesterday so i know thats not it, the spring appears to be compressing fine.

my thoughts are bearing or cv joint. i do have 65000 miles on the car and its been very well used.

anyone else have an opinion.

RoadSpike 08-01-2004 03:00 AM

I had a thought.

What about the power steering? I've heard and experienced myself odd systems like vans that would groan if you will when as a full turn.

Also at your milage a check of the boots and joints that connect the front wheels could be in order just like you said. If you don't want to do it yourself you may be able to talk a brake shop to look at it for free. Perhaps midias or someone would diagnose it for you then you could refuse work and do it yourself if you like the work ;)

rabydanimal 08-01-2004 03:39 PM

I have heard a noise like tire rubbing coming from my 02 wrx when making very sharp, very low speed left hand corners. It only happens every once and a while... I usually do some figure 8s in an empty parking lot to test it out and it doesn't do it. odd...

wrxout 08-29-2004 10:06 PM

i hear a kinda screetching noise like a "Errr" noise sometimes when i turn i think its my brakes

garbageman 08-11-2005 08:07 AM

grinding sound left turn

Hi all,

I hear a grinding sound whenever I make a left hand turn, at about 10-15 mph. For example, when I make a 90 left turn from a stop light.

I am taking the car to the dealership and will let everyone know the results.

My car is high mileage at 119,000 -- at 112,000 the transmission ( actually the front differential) blew up and was replaced.

garbageman 08-18-2005 02:51 PM

2002 Impreza WRX 119,000 miles

Folks,

I just heard back from the dealership. The rear passenger brake pad somehow wasnt seated correctly and was scraping against the rotor. Also the dealership reported that the piston wasnt working correctly.

I have retrieved the car so I do not know if it really is fixed.

ej20boost 09-06-2005 10:16 PM

try check the cv boots...... or maybe a front diff problem like ^...... check somewhere in the swaybar/links??