Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

2000 Imp Wagon with JDM WRX Gc8 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:27 PM

Car Info: '00 Impreza Wagon
2000 Imp Wagon with JDM WRX Gc8 Swap

I havent seen anyone else out there with this swap, and it would seem to me that it would be a direct drop in and bolt with a front clip, which is what I am getting. I know that I will have to get a new tranny, clutch, rear end, and rear brakes, but other than that I should be set. What do you guys think? I already have almost all of my suspension done, and I dont want to do anything performance wise to my motor because well I am ditching it. I have an engine importer, best friend, he has been doing sr20 swaps for years, nissan for those of you who dont know, and we are going to do it soonr. I can't wait. Any opinions? I want to keep it a sleeper, I hear the borla hush muffler is quietest? is this true? also a recirculating valve is the quietest right? I want to just pull up and blow someone away. Thanks for the opinions and ideas.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
There's areason you haven't seen any around cause it's not as easy and straight forward as you think. JDM = RHD, the harness is different, so it doesn't just drop in. But if you want to see a wagon, got one here, it's a 2000 OBS with a JDM V7 Spec C. I did that one 2 years ago. http://www.licmotorsports.com/pc-garyliu.htm Since then he has updated the front end, I just need to update the pictures. I don't have any other pictures, but I've done at least 5 wagons that I can think of off the top of my head. It's just most people do swaps to RS's. Good Luck

-Adam