i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.i-club.com/forums/cars-sale-83/)
-   -   FS: Subaru Impreza GC8 WRX swap (https://www.i-club.com/forums/cars-sale-83/fs-subaru-impreza-gc8-wrx-swap-190404/)

93GC8JDm 08-28-2008 02:43 AM

FS:EDM/AB/CAN Subaru Impreza GC8 WRX swap *now with video*

12 Attachment(s)
here is my 1993 subaru impreza with a full 2004 WRX Engine and Drivetrain swap.
[URL=http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/?action=view&current=impreza.flv][IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/th_impreza.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[ATTACH]159098[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/impreza%201993%20wrx/P1040326.jpg[/IMG]
[ATTACH]159099[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159100[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159101[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159102[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/impreza%201993%20wrx/P1040341.jpg[/IMG]
[ATTACH]159103[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159104[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159105[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159106[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159107[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]159108[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/impreza%201993%20wrx/P1040331.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/wujordanimpreza/impreza%201993%20wrx/P1040332.jpg[/IMG]
[ATTACH]159109[/ATTACH]
looking for $11,500US or $12,000CAD (iam candian and so is the car)
more details here:

looking for about $11300 usD or $12000CAD.
details :
PRISTINE Running, Super Clean Impreza

I am selling my 1993 Subaru Impreza, which has a complete 2004 WRX motor and drive train conversion. The chassis has 181,000 kms on it (112468 miles) however the engine and drivetrain have been swapped for a 27,000 km (16,700 mile), 2004 WRX turbo (EJ205) and 4WD drivetrain that is equipped with a viscous limited slip rear differential. My family bought the car in 1993 as a grocery getter, equipped with an AWD drive system, 4sp automatic 1.8L EJ and was turquoise in color. In 2001 I took ownership of the vehicle and have owned, maintained and driven it since.

I began with the body work around summer 2003, a STi ver. 6 replica spoiler, 98 Impreza front end conversion, Replica Syms Aero kit, shaved moldings and Honda Electron Blue paint. From there the car never saw winter and was waxed every month. In 2005 I purchased a 2004 CDN wrx engine and drivetrain kit from Lachute Performance in Quebec, Canada. Other Miscellaneous parts for the swap were bought from Four Star Motorsports and locally from wreckers.

The car is remarkably fast with its WRX ECU utilizing a Cobb AccessPORT Stage 2 91 octane map, generating roughly 280HP (+23%) / 285lb-ft (+31%). The supporting modifications include a lightened crank pulley, catless uppipe, front mount intercooler, intake, intake piping and a full 3” turbo back exhaust system that all enhance that famous boxer sound! Most of the suspension has been replaced with an assortment of lighter, stronger parts, which include a ride height and dampening adjustable suspension, sway bars, and front and rear cross members to name a few. Combined with the custom Work Emotion Cr-Kai Wheels, measuring 17” x 9” and sticky 615 Falken tires the end result is phenomenal, the car handles like a go cart.

This Impreza has been meticulously maintained to say the least. Since the swap the engine oil is change every 4500 km (2800 miles), I just changed the transmission and differential oils with lucas synthetic and last year I had the coolant flushed. The engine and drivetrain came with 18,000 kms; I have put around 9000 kms in the last 3 years. Durring the summer I use it as a daily driver to and from work and have never had a problem. After the all the parts were all installed I took the car in and had a Subaru Master Technician at the Rally Subaru Dealership in Edmonton look over the car mechanically and electronically. The car runs fantastic, is super reliable and the symmetrical all-wheel drive system will allow this car to be driven in all types of conditions: snow, gravel, rain, tarmac, ect.

I have had the pleasure of riding or driving in some very comparable cars like the 2003 BMW M3 ( SMG equipped), 2004 Audi S4, 2005 STi, a 2006 EVO MR and I can honestly say that this impreza has equal if not better performance than these cars for literally less than half the cost. The acceleration is neck braking, COBB tunings website estimates the Stage 2 WRX acceleration to be around: 0-60 mph = 4.6 seconds, and a 1/4 mile = 13.4 @ 101.5 mph (average times based on our customer's results). This little Impreza however can run circles around a normal WRX because of its substantially lighter body. Some say that the classic Impreza 93-01 weighs around 500-600 lbs lighter that the New Age Impreza 02-07.

Condition and notes: The body is near perfect, no rust, no accidents, washed weekly and waxed monthly. Very minor scratches and dents from daily driving and parking, barely noticeable.

There are two imperfections: last Year My Carport Tent Collapsed from all the heavy snow storms last winter in Edmonton. As a result one of the polls bent and hit my roof, causing a small dent at the back of the roof rear the driver’s side and a crack in the paint on the roof scoop. All displayed in pictures below . Instead of fixing the roof this year I decided to buy new wheels and put fender flares on the car. I also had the front bumper repainted as well so it literally has zero rock chips!

The front seats have been modified and such I don’t believe anyone taller than 6’-1” will be able to drive comfortably without changing the driver’s seat. Passenger is fine for all tall people.

The car is still utilizing the original 1993 Subaru Gas Tank. The 2004 WRX Uses a gas tank that has an evap pressure sensor which is missing in my tank. Adversely the check engine light is on, however this particular CEL does absolutely nothing to the performance of the vehicle and can be monitored and cleared with the AccessPORT. With a Protune the CEL can be completely removed and a bit more power can be extracted. This car is really conservatively tuned and has a ton more potential. It is just a turbo and injectors away from being a 300whp monster.

This car took a lot of work and help from lots of people. I don’t want to sell but I got a job in a bigger city and won’t be able to drive it so instead of storing it I figured someone could give a good home and actually use the car.

Here is a list of some modifications to the vehicle:

POWER:

2004 Ej205 WRX Turbo later production year

- Custom FMIC: 2-1/4” turbo outlet piping into a 3” core Tube and Fin intercooler, which outlets into 2-1/2” piping through to the intake manifold.

- Greddy Type-S Blow-off valve that re-circulates back into the Turbo inlet pipe. (So that it doesn’t run rich in-between shifts and is smoother)

- ERZ Catless uppipe thermo heat wrapped

- Helix 3” Bell mouth catless Downpipe thermo wrapped with modified stock turbo heat shield

- Custom 3” midpipe with 3” flex pipe

- Apexi N1 Universal Muffler N1 Universal Turbo 80mm inlet (Canister & 115mm Tip)

- Perrin Light weight crank pulley

- Sard Racing WRX intake

- GP moto Silicone MAF

- Perrin WRX Turbo inlet hose

- Moroso Coolant reservoir

- Walbro 255lph fuel pump

- Cobb Tuning AccessPort V2.0 2004 Subaru WRX 2.0L Turbo

The AccessPORT by Cobb Tuning, Inc. is a handheld programmer that allows you to unlock your
vehicle\'s hidden potential by reprogramming the stock Engine Control Unit (ECU). Performance
tuning data is uploaded to the ECU via the OBD-2 diagnostic port in a matter of minutes, and
requires no cutting, wiring, or other such modifications. Unique to the AccessPORT is the ability
to change tuning data on-the-fly without having to completely reprogram the ECU. This
technology allows the AccessPORT to get the most performance out of your vehicle in the least
amount of time. (RallySportDirect.com)

-

Chassis and handling:

- Cusco Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars

- Cusco 2002 - 2003 WRX 22MM Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

- STi 2004 20mm Front Sway Bar

- Whiteline front and rear end links w/ urethane bushings

- Cusco WRX Lower arm bar Type II brace

- Front 2004 Sti Crossmember w/ factory lower arm brace

- WRX Rear Crossmember, trailing arms and lateral links

- Megan Racing 32 way adjustable coilovers w/ front camber adjustable pillowball upper top hats plates and solid rear pillowball mounts

- Work Emotion CR-Kai 17 x 9 “ 5x100 et 44, bronze wheels (literally just bought them)

- Falken Azenis RT-615 235/40/17 tires (less than 1200kms)

Transmission Drivetrain: 2004 WRX 5-speed transmission including front and rear differentials, axels, drive shaft and Hydraulic Clutch system

- WRX Rear Disc Brakes and Hubs

- WRX Shift Linkage

- Perrin Short Shifter

Exterior:

- Zero Sports GT Aero Hood for 97-01 Impreza GC8 (This piece took three months from Japan and I have never seen anyone with this hood in North America. This is a super rare item with a perfect OEM factory fitment and the hood is made from high quality fiber glass, which is incredibly light).

- TRIAL fender flare kit ( super rare )

- Topmix Syms Replica AERO KIT; side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper

- ARC Front Splitters

- Replica Subaru Impreza Wrx STi version 6, rear wing spoiler with Clear L.E.D brake light

- 97-01 Impreza GC8 Front Grill with JDM STi pink “I” badge

- 97-01 Impreza GC8 Projector Headlights with 8000K HID xenon conversion

- Ebay Impreza GC8 M3 Mirrors

- Shaved Side moldings, antenna and rear trunk key hole

- JDM STi trunk emblem

- JDM WRX STi GC8 Red/ Clear Tail lights

- JDM WRX version 1-4 clear front turn signals

- Clear side markers and corner lenses

Interior:

- 2003 WRX MOMO Steering Wheel with air bag

- 2003 WRX OEM Gauge Cluster

- Greddy Electronic 60mm Boost Gauge with memory and warning light

- Zero Sports Formula Starter Button

- 2004 WRX Pedal Assembly with brushed aluminum pedals and rubber inserts

- 2003 WRX Rear Seat

- A Pair of Honda SIR Front Seats made of a suede (alanctra) with bright red stitching

- Sony CD Player

- Rockford Fosgate 6.5” twin drive full range front speakers

cheers

thanks for looking

renegadewrx 08-28-2008 05:07 PM

I want your spoiler and steering wheel

volleyballurrrr 08-28-2008 05:24 PM

om nom nom nom. very original.

93GC8JDm 09-06-2008 12:19 PM

to the top

stirs 09-06-2008 12:23 PM

bump for a bad ass car!!!!...ah f*** it where are you located at?

sigma pi 09-06-2008 12:55 PM

look at the ebay listing ;)

xhengmanx 09-06-2008 12:56 PM

damn one of the cleanest rs i have seen

93GC8JDm 09-07-2008 01:29 PM

up to the top

93GC8JDm 09-13-2008 03:49 PM

[SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Price drop everyone, [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

I had a gentleman look at it today I told him $ 12000 CAD. So I figured I would extend the offer to everyone

MOEJZ 09-15-2008 07:46 AM

too bad its canadian car. California DMV will tell me to shove it if I try to register. But that is a beautiful. I would have picked it in a heart beat.G/L with sale

stupidchicken03 09-15-2008 07:52 AM

damn dude clean car!! :thumb:

bump for you sir

93GC8JDm 09-15-2008 10:14 AM

Canadian cars do not meet California standards, [B][SIZE="5"]but you can get a letter from the manufacturer of your vehicle stating that your car meets U.S. standards. This is good to have for customs and for registering your car in California.[/SIZE][/B]
also the car is on the CANADIAN VEHICLES CONSIDERED
BY EPA TO CONFORM WITH U.S. EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS found on [url]http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/canadian/canlis96.htm[/url]. that is a 93 impreza awd,

i just looked here, there is a lot of info for driving canadian cars in california [url]http://www.stanford.edu/group/cdnclub/car.html[/url] and here
[url]http://www.mbseminary.edu/fresno/student-services/driving[/url].

[SIZE="5"]so dont fret americans you can still be the owner of a CANADIAN vehicle such as my impreza and they wont tell you to fly a kite at the DMV[/SIZE]
my only concern would be to get it to pass the exhaust testing, cause the car is completely catless

cheers and thanks for looking

93GC8JDm 09-27-2008 03:31 PM

Bump

subysteve 10-02-2008 12:04 PM

how far away are you from nyc?

93GC8JDm 10-06-2008 09:19 AM

the car never made the trip with me to East. Thats the reason for the sale, it too expensive to drive in downtown toronto so i am not driving any subarus for the next couple of years :mad2:
i be happy to take alittle off the sale price to help you get it to you door though.

regards

jordan