1999 Legacy Outback 157K miles $5000 obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 2003 Lancer Evo Rally Red
1999 Legacy Outback 157K miles $5000 obo

I just got a job at Ford Motor Company, so the Outback has to go. I bought it as a daily driver a couple months ago with 145K miles on it and had a lot of maintenance done since I wanted to drive it well into the 200's. I've had:

New Timing Belt
New serpentine belts
Compression test (over 190 in all cylinders, no HG failures!)
new Yokohama Avid Touring tires
new A/C condenser (ice cold AC)

And everything works. The cruise, front and rear washers, heated seats, mirrors, and windshield (also replaced). You will need to do nothing to this car. The only thing that I can nitpick is that some of the lights in the interior switches have burned out. The interior is in great shape, I bought it from a childless couple and it shows (or rather, it doesn't). It also has the original window sticker, lots of maintenance records, and all the keys including the valet and both remotes. The options on this car over the base Outback are

Winter Package: heated seats, mirrors, windshield
Sound System upgrade: Subaru tweeters and subwoofer + CD player
Factory Alarm System by Alpine
Cargo area net/ rubber mat.

There is no rust whatsoever on the body and only a minor ding on the left rear door which can be easily fixed with paintless dent repair. In the interest of complete honesty, some of the metal parts under the hatch show a little rust, but nothing serious. The rear bumper also has some scuffs on it. No bodywork has ever been done on this car. If you really care, the parts are like $40. Also, in cold weather this car has a bit of piston slap when the car is warming up, I hear this is completely normal for the 2.5L engines. Once the car is warmed up it's completely quiet.

The car is in Royal Oak, MI. Let me know if you want to check it out. Pictures here:
http://osunick.dyndns.org/outback/