Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX Wagon
[NC] 2002 WRB WRX Wagon (many pics) - UNDER WARRANTY

>>>>> Now on eBay at this LINK. <<<<<

I am "e28fixer" on NASIOC and on eBay.

More pictures at this LINK.

Overall

This is an excellent condition 2002 WRX Wagon (5MT). It has just under 68,000 miles on the odometer but is UNDER WARRANTY until October, 2008 or until 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). The oil has been changed every 5000 miles with Mobil 1 full synthetic since I bought the car at approximately 11,000 miles. It has never been in an accident.

NADA trade-in value is $12,375 with none of the mod’s detailed below and without the warranty. Read the description, take a look at the pictures at this link (http://stechllc.net/wrxsale/) and make me a reasonable offer. I’m a reasonable guy.

Exterior

WRB Blue. Paint is in good shape for Subaru paint. That is to say, it shows some sandblasting from road debris on the front and behind the wheels but is very good otherwise. If I were keeping the car I’d have a couple dings fixed and probably price a re-spray for the front bumper/lip, side skirts and possibly the hood. But I’m a perfectionist.

Car has a custom installed Orciari body kit. This includes a front lip, rear lip (molded to the rear bumper for a fully integrated look), side skirts, upper grill with side trim and mesh insert, lower mesh insert below bumper.

Front emblem is a blue Subaru “I” that replaced the stock “star” emblem. All rear emblems have been shaved/removed except for “WRX”. Front side markers replaced with clear “black chrome” aftermarket markers.

Windows have been tinted to approximately 15-20% rear and 30-35% for front doors.

Headlights have had the “Koji” treatment where the chrome, except for the reflectors, has been blacked out.

STi replica mesh covers are installed over the fog lights and painted to match the car.

Antenna has been shaved from the A-pillar and replaced with a Fuba-style rubber antenna mounted on the rear of the roof just in front of the hatch.

The overall look is clean and distinctive. You won’t find another wagon with the Orciari kit because it was designed for the sedan and was customized to this car. The antenna is very VW GTI-like and is a vast improvement over the factory manual antenna mounted in the A-pillar.

Wheels/Tires

ASA LW5 “Licensed by BBS” 17 x 7.5” wheels at a weight of 17.2 lbs/wheel. One wheel has been curbed but was cleaned up and touched up. You’d have to be pretty close to see the damage but it isn’t perfect.

Tires are nearly new (less than 5K miles) Falken Azenis ST115 215/45-17. These are the very quiet Falken performance tires that are easily good for 25K miles. This is the second set of these tires I’ve had on the car and I LOVE them. Road noise? What road noise?

This combination has a very similar look to the O.Z. Racing Superleggera wheels and provides a very quiet ride along with excellent dry and wet traction. I will buy these same tires for my “new” car when the existing tires need replacement.

Brakes & Suspension

Stock struts and springs.

Whiteline rear 22mm swaybar.

Whiteline solid front endlinks.

Mr. Josh (http://www.subarureview.com/showreview.php?id=1216) solid rear endlinks.

Replica STi front strut bar.

Front brake pads are Carbotech Bobcats with stock pads in the rear.

Brake fluid is ATE Type-200 Hi-Temp running through…

Goodridge braided stainless steel brake lines.

Upgrading from the wagon’s stock 17mm rear swaybar significantly decreased the car’s tendency to understeer from the factory. That, coupled with the solid endlinks, causes the car to be much more responsive and turn-in is greatly improved. As for the brakes, they’re much better than those on my ’05 Forester XT and a VAST improvement over stock. The pedal is solid while providing excellent feedback and the car stops RIGHT NOW.

Drivetrain

KartBoy short shifter.

Mobil 1 full synthetic transmission and differential fluids since 11K miles.

The shifter is a no-brainer for any Subaru fan as it reduces the factory throws by 40%. I’ve detected no clutch slippage at all and the car pulls strongly in all gears. The synchros are in perfect shape and a downshift to 1st gear can be done at 15-20mph. This car has never been on a drag strip and has no idea what a track is.

Engine

Turbo XS manual boost controller set to 15.5lbs.

Factory intake silencer removed.

Samco intercooler Y-pipe.

Mobil 1 full synthetic oil every 5K miles since 11K miles on engine.

Yoshio-tuned ECU (early ECUtek competitor).

Car is fast and smooth. It accelerates strongly in all gears and has an aggressive intake growl without being obnoxious or overly loud.

Interior

Custom installed front seat heaters with Hi/Lo switches stealth mounted in console.

Custom upholstered adjustable headrests. 2002-2003 WRX headrests are not adjustable (fore and aft) and are simply too far back to actually rest your head on. Adjustable headrests from a Subaru Legacy were sourced and upholstered in matching fabric. The result is a terrific solution to a nagging problem and makes for a more comfortable ride.

Custom installed S2000 starter button (real S2000 button) in stock cigarette lighter location. Works as follows: Insert key and turn to “Run” position, push in clutch pedal, push starter button. Key alone will not start car without pushing button. Wiring is completely reversible and properly done. This has been working perfectly for over two years.

Stock cigarette lighter relocated to passenger side of console.

STi replica aluminum shifter trim painted gloss black.

Factory Carbon Fiber Console and window switch plate trim package.

Factory Subaru armrest extension.

Factory Subaru upgraded speaker package with underseat subwoofer.

Superb aftermarket cup holders mounted on both rear doors and front passenger side of console.

Fresh factory floor mats front and rear (less than 10K miles).

The car’s interior is in very good condition and has been well cared for. With the addition of a number of convenience add-ons (heated seats, adjustable headrests, better cup holders, armrest extension, upgraded speakers) as well as some appearance improvements (S2000 starter button, STi shifter trim, Carbon Fiber console trim, fresh floor mats)

Last edited by rktwgn; 12-30-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added NASIOC & eBay username.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 AM

>>>>> Now on eBay at this LINK. <<<<<
Old 12-30-2006, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Bump for a fellow wagon owner. G'luck with the sale.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:37 AM

New Year's bump to the top.

Last edited by rktwgn; 01-04-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 AM

Just 6 hours to go in the auction...