i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Car Lounge (https://www.i-club.com/forums/car-lounge-44/)
-   -   smoked a gs-t (https://www.i-club.com/forums/car-lounge-44/smoked-gs-t-29154/)

downshift 08-21-2003 11:47 AM

smoked a gs-t

i smoked a moded up gs-t off the line, with my new stock 04WRX =)

Cabal 08-21-2003 12:34 PM

That's like smoking an SRT-4. Let us know when it's a GSX. ;)

downshift 08-21-2003 03:26 PM

well wats gsx ? anyways the srt4 would b more of a challenge, since its new technology. also that guy was a bad driver, he should have been hangin with me or maybe even taken me. he had a moded up turbo 4 cylinder vs my stock turbo 4cylinder. he shouldnt have gotten spanked like he did hehe. he really messed up his launch cause the first gear launch is the most important.

lookin to run some mustang gt's i want t o c wat those babies can do.

Sti-nkinPhast 08-22-2003 01:18 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by downshift [/i]
[B]well wats gsx ? anyways the srt4 would b more of a challenge, since its new technology. also that guy was a bad driver, he should have been hangin with me or maybe even taken me. he had a moded up turbo 4 cylinder vs my stock turbo 4cylinder. he shouldnt have gotten spanked like he did hehe. he really messed up his launch cause the first gear launch is the most important.

lookin to run some mustang gt's i want t o c wat those babies can do. [/B][/QUOTE]

mustang gt's....are you kidding me??? Those are slow.... go pick on an 04' cobra....hope you are a good driver and can launch well....you should be able to take it.......until triple digits...then the top end of the cobra will catch you....:mad: but the cobra guy will be trying to reel you in for awhile... :D and that should irk him....lol :D

nick van exel 08-22-2003 02:25 AM

wow downshift. are u still in the break-in period? if so, sweet haha. :D

X1_SRT 08-22-2003 09:03 AM

gst is a 2wd
gsx is awd

gst's have more power to the wheels, and with good rubber ( and a better driver) will hook up pretty good.

why do you say the srt4 has newer/better technology?? i think i would argue that one.

-PJ

BlingBlingBlue 08-22-2003 09:30 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by X1_SRT [/i]
[B]why do you say the srt4 has newer/better technology?? i think i would argue that one.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'd argue that one too. One thing that you cannot argue, however, is that the SRT-4 has 400cc's more displacement. That's a 20% increase over the WRX engine as well as the GSt/GSx.

X1_SRT 08-22-2003 09:39 AM

yes, that is true. its got torque and power... but its also a neon...
i'd take a lesser powered subaru any day.

-PJ

DoomE.Q. 08-23-2003 11:21 AM

I beat a stock GS-T in my modded N/A RS....

-DE

At LACR you street racing hooligans...:D

DoomE.Q. 08-23-2003 11:26 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by X1_SRT [/i]
[B]yes, that is true. its got torque and power... but its also a neon...
i'd take a lesser powered subaru any day.

-PJ [/B][/QUOTE]

I was talking to a buliding engineer at my old job about the WRX and JDM STi's etc... it wen't something like this:

"Yeah but that car in japan for years has produced in excess of 276 horsepower with an all wheel drive system through a flat 4 turbo..."

"Yeah but it's still just a Subaru"

-DE

Some people would take the Neon nameplate. Sadly as it may be.

downshift 08-24-2003 05:50 PM

dont tell me to pik on the 04 cobra, ill tell you 04 STis to take care of that one. hehehe just kidding, im still down to try a cobra.

downshift 08-25-2003 04:04 AM

subary WRX has more efficient hp gain potential compared to a dodge srt-4. it has AWD and lsd. unlike the srt-4, yet the SRT-4 is has sick power and speed which makes up for wat it lacks. i personally respect the srt-4 greatly and would love to own one of those babies. i really like the srt-4's high torque and light car weight, also the turbo and 4 cylinder really attracts me, i also really like how the new srt4 will be more powerful, that just makes me want to own both WRX's and SRT-4's.

awns729 08-26-2003 08:41 PM

downshift is really really excited about owning his new sexy black wrx...congrats on the win!

downshift 08-28-2003 03:58 AM

=)

RussB 08-29-2003 12:10 PM

I ran against a recent Saleen S281. fun... he had me off the line (of course) but once we hit about 20mph, i caught up and we were neck and neck up to about 65ish when we both backed off.