Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

A girl driving a manual Honda almost rolls her car back into my WRX. Captured on cam.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX sedan
A girl driving a manual Honda almost rolls her car back into my WRX. Captured on cam.

First time this happened to me. Some chick driving a manual honda lets go of the brake and her car starts rolling back. She's rummaging through her car paying no attention so I honk and reverse my car to avoid her from hitting me.

This ever happen to anyone?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
WOW...... Glad you were paying attention...

Never had that happen to me, but similar. Driving in the hills, plenty of new drivers roll back an uncomfortable amount.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza 2.5i
...learned something new...

Last edited by ccalsubi; 04-17-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:58 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
Originally Posted by ccalsubi
hills aren't that difficult. I'm new to driving manual so I don't know if this is bad but, I umm, engage the clutch to the point where I won't roll back or go forward.
definitely bad for your clutch. if your on a hill, you should be on the brake pedal. if youre really new and cant throttle/clutch balance fast enough yet, then pull the ebrake and then balance and let off the ebrake (completely) as you start to move. most new cars have hill assist though, so this should fix that problem. lol.

side note, anyone who doesnt know how to drive a stick all the way yet, look it up on youtube. i learned off of there back when i was like 14. i learned how to rev match and heel toe and all that off some dude who does great videos in a mini cooper on teaching people how to drive.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by StealthMODE
definitely bad for your clutch. if your on a hill, you should be on the brake pedal. if youre really new and cant throttle/clutch balance fast enough yet, then pull the ebrake and then balance and let off the ebrake (completely) as you start to move. most new cars have hill assist though, so this should fix that problem. lol.
haha, thank you. Will stop doing that.