Why do cashier girls feel the need to diss me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I have no clue what you're talking about, they're always nice to me.....starbucks I get greeted by my first name and free coffee a lot

but yeah, for some reason cashier chicks think they are friggin awesome

EDIT: however, working retail myself, I know sometimes theres a customer that just gets you pissed off for the next half hour, and I can imagine with all the coupon cutter customers at grocery stores and retards going "derr, wheres the cereal?" it can be easy to get annoyed working there
Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
Originally Posted by Ivegotthenuts
I was at Safeway and that happened to me. Cashier was an early 20's Asian girl, there were a couple of customers in front of me, who were white. Cashier greeted every single one of them, when it was my turn to get rung up, she gave me the cold shoulder too, not even a thank you, good day.
I is a Asian male

Dumb Broad
makes sense ive worked retail and customer service in the past for years. when it comes to customers complaining i cant recall any asians ever complaining. if anyones ever gone into a pho restaurant and payed attention to the way the servers greet you, or ask how your meal, or is there anything else u would you like which is typical at most asian restaurants. unlike for example at chilli's etc. then you know what i mean lol. In all my years working customer service like 90% who complained were white.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Car Info: drives a STi
First impression I usually get from other people my age is, they say, "damn you look hella mean, I thought you were a gangster" lol. But once the person gets to know me it's like opposite. But yeah who cares what others think or say just shrug it off and don't think about it too much.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
makes sense ive worked retail and customer service in the past for years. when it comes to customers complaining i cant recall any asians ever complaining. if anyones ever gone into a pho restaurant and payed attention to the way the servers greet you, or ask how your meal, or is there anything else u would you like which is typical at most asian restaurants. unlike for example at chilli's etc. then you know what i mean lol. In all my years working customer service like 90% who complained were white.
thats because white people think they should be treated like royalty and will complain about the slightest god damned thing. It is at this point that I claim my Venezuelan and Italian heritage over my German and Scottish side.

I work at a pet supply store (don't laugh, its actually fun because it's pretty slow) but I had this lady who carried a 16# bag of dog food to the front of the store just fine and then asked me to carry it out for her and my coworker and I looked at each other like "what the f...." so I carried it out to her mercedes SL55 AMG I wonder why her servant wasn't there to carry it
Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I have no clue what you're talking about, they're always nice to me.....starbucks I get greeted by my first name and free coffee a lot

but yeah, for some reason cashier chicks think they are friggin awesome

EDIT: however, working retail myself, I know sometimes theres a customer that just gets you pissed off for the next half hour, and I can imagine with all the coupon cutter customers at grocery stores and retards going "derr, wheres the cereal?" it can be easy to get annoyed working there
i know what you mean starbucks has got to be up there in terms of extra ordinary customer service. my sister works at one and ive walked in a few times and had a chance to observe her and her co-workers interact with the customers and they greet all their regular customers by their name.
+1 for starbucks service
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
thats because white people think they should be treated like royalty and will complain about the slightest god damned thing. It is at this point that I claim my Venezuelan and Italian heritage over my German and Scottish side.

I work at a pet supply store (don't laugh, its actually fun because it's pretty slow) but I had this lady who carried a 16# bag of dog food to the front of the store just fine and then asked me to carry it out for her and my coworker and I looked at each other like "what the f...." so I carried it out to her mercedes SL55 AMG I wonder why her servant wasn't there to carry it
hahaha her servant should be fired.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nslow_fast_out
hahaha her servant should be fired.
we have one customer (the widow of the founder of Seagate) and she has 2 or 3 servants. The lady herself is actually really nice and humble (to a certain extent) but one of her servants...my god. This lady calls in an order of $300+ worth of stuff, and we get it ready for her or her servant to pick up. Well one of her servants we've had to remind a few times that she's the servant

thats completely off topic though. If you look like a gangster, yeah, people are gonna act a little bit different around you.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by Lurk
You're from San Jose...where ugly/average chicks think they're God's gift to men. The end.
hahahaha thats norcal in general man!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
maybe she was just having a bad day, stop being so self-centered and acting like the world revolves around you :RockOn - not mine:
Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Just say hi and ask them how they are. I do this all the time to rude customer service people. And you know what the reaction is most of the time... oh I'm the one that should be saying that because that's part of my job.

then be done with it. it's their problem not yours. you go home and be with your loved ones and they are standing ringing up the next person. life is better for you.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:32 AM

Car Info: nothing
Originally Posted by aboothman
Cali women think they are special. Every time I go out of state I am amazed how polite the ladies are.
agreed!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2006 STi
wow, that sucks man, but it will happen. When ever I go check out, my best line is "long day!?" they usually cheer up and say thank you.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Bad customer service, damn kids nowdays have no work ethic.

[/oldman]
Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
well being a cashier myself i understand because i hate saying stuff to customers...i mean look at it this way we are at work its hard to be happy while at work making minimum wage. somethimes customers give me **** for not saying have a nice day or something, some are fat dicks!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I think some people just aren't friendly. You also should take the initiative to say hello first and engage them. That usually works. Some people are just jerks though and you just deal with it.

Quick Reply: Why do cashier girls feel the need to diss me?