i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Who here likes country music?! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/who-here-likes-country-music-52929/)

SpeedRevelation 03-20-2004 10:32 PM

Who here likes country music?!

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah that's right baby! I lllooovvveee country music! 95.7 FM The Bear is my favorite country station! :D Just for clarification, I love anything that sounds good to me so no, I have no favorite genre. Country, rock, rap/hip hop, R&B, pop, etc.

Also no, I'm not a hill billy redneck from the south with a big fat truck that tours with NASCAR at every track. Just to break that stereotype, I'm a 19 year old Chinese American that lives in the Bay Area and drives a WRX sedan. Although I do watch NASCAR like a religion. haha

Anyways! I'm on a life long mission to break and end bad stereotypes, however, I really truly do love country music! Breaking that stereotypical image is just like additional bonus points. :p

Bottom line deep down in my heart says COUNTRY MUSIC RULES! Who's with me!?

Anyone else country fans from around here? There's gotta be a few... TOBY KEITH IS THE SHIZ!

fryrice 03-20-2004 10:35 PM

[QUOTE]Also no, I'm not a hill billy redneck from the south with a big fat truck that tours with NASCAR at every track. Just to break that stereotype, I'm a 19 year old Chinese American that lives in the Bay Area and drives a WRX sedan. Although I do watch NASCAR like a religion. haha[/QUOTE]

right :rolleyes: :p

joltdudeuc 03-20-2004 10:35 PM

How about shockin' country music to oblivion...

lol

man country music sounds annoying sometimes, its like, dude... stop complaining all the damn time.

but if you like it, that's cool i guess... not my cup of tea ;)

-Gagan

SpeedRevelation 03-20-2004 10:48 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by fryrice [/i]
[B]right :rolleyes: :p [/B][/QUOTE]

LoL! Not a believer huh? I also own a NASCAR #24 DuPont Motorsports Jeff Gordon jacket. You can ask any regular Subby eggettes member if I ain't already there and they'd tell ya the same thing! :p They know who I am and I think you'll be in for a surprise. I'm just that weird and abnormal I guess ;)

SpeedRevelation 03-20-2004 10:55 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by joltdudeuc [/i]
[B]How about shockin' country music to oblivion...

lol

man country music sounds annoying sometimes, its like, dude... stop complaining all the damn time.

but if you like it, that's cool i guess... not my cup of tea ;)

-Gagan [/B][/QUOTE]

LoL! Actually I was thinking the same way beforehand. I use to really hate and think country music sucked to an "oblivion," but I stopped being biast and gave it another shot and fell in love with it. At least you respect me for being different and liking different music. I've been getting teased and dissed a whole lot lately because of that. :monkey: to them! Not going to stop what I like, that's for sure.

Gagan, Thanks! Appreciate you not being one of those "dude! country music sucks so stop listening to it! You're not a white guy living on a country farm, etc." type of person!

WagonRX 03-21-2004 12:59 AM

I like Country Music !!!
[SIZE=1](when it's not playing)[/SIZE]

:p

I actually like some of the ballads. They would sound sick with a bit of R&B mixed in.
Russell

SpeedRevelation 03-21-2004 01:15 AM

LoL! Doh! At first glance when I was scrolling down, you said you like country music, I was like! "YAY! I'M NOT ALONE!"

but when u had the "when it's not playing" I was like... ah crap!! like hit a bad shot on the golf course and throws his club into the water-crap!

Ballads... good stuff! good stuff!

kindersplus 03-21-2004 01:31 AM

I like country music, but then again I am from Texas ;-) and in the military and I like guns and dogs and being drunk and losing my girl too.

SpeedRevelation 03-21-2004 02:11 AM

hahah that's ok kinderplus! Texas got some very cool people! And the way you were raised in liking those things ain't a bad thing either! good for you! Just glad I have someone who likes country music! doesn't matter if I'm the only one on the planet or upon millions cause I'd still love it no matter what.

I think about it.. and someone gotta bring country to parts of the U.S. where it's not known for. I'm glad I'm in the effort lol

HomerJay 03-21-2004 08:17 AM

Hey I think you posted on the wrong website. Here's a link to the correct one:

[URL=http://www.mulletmadness.com/mullet-news.php]Link[/URL]

FUNKED1 03-21-2004 10:33 AM

I like the old stuff (50's and 60's)
Johnny Cash and Hank Williams.
The current stuff doesn't do much for me though.

WagonRX 03-21-2004 10:34 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpeedRevelation [/i]
[B]LoL! Doh! At first glance when I was scrolling down, you said you like country music, I was like! "YAY! I'M NOT ALONE!"

but when u had the "when it's not playing" I was like... ah crap!! like hit a bad shot on the golf course and throws his club into the water-crap!

Ballads... good stuff! good stuff! [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. I was only joking about that. I used to listen to the old stuff like Alabama. I enjoy all music that's good.

Russell

DLUX WRX 03-21-2004 10:38 AM

i dont really like country music, but some times i do find my self leaving the stereo on 95.7 the bear.

STi'm Crazy 03-21-2004 10:49 AM

I like country!

tmort 03-21-2004 11:13 AM

country music?

Don't know, never heard any. What's it like? Pantera, Rancid, Drop Kick Murphys, Frank Black?