i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Where to powder coat? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/where-powder-coat-8540/)

mmboost 02-06-2003 11:50 AM

Where to powder coat?

Who does power coating, perfereably within San Francisco, but anywhere in the SFBA is helpful to know about.

I'm looking into to get my wheels powdercoated in white.

thanx,

jason

blackwagonrx 02-06-2003 12:19 PM

i spray painted my stock rims with wheel spray paint from kragen and it looks great. i changed the color to gunmetal. it may take you a few hours but it'll save you at least $200.

Imprezer 02-06-2003 12:23 PM

MASS Brothers in Livermore.

Tip top place.

Impala SS AutoX 02-06-2003 01:33 PM

Another one I've had excellent luck with is Component Finishing. They are on Aldo Ave in Santa Clara (about a mile or so from the San Jose Airport).

Reasonable prices, excellent work. Cost me $200 to get a set of Impala wheels (17x8.5", aluminum) powdercoated black a couple years ago.

1fastGC 02-06-2003 08:21 PM

Bay Area Powdercoating in Oakland. They did mine for $200 flat.

AntiochCali 02-06-2003 10:21 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1fastGC [/i]
[B]Bay Area Powdercoating in Oakland. They did mine for $200 flat. [/B][/QUOTE]

Me too, good job and they have like 50 colors to choose from.

I found them in the yellow pages!

mmboost 02-06-2003 10:52 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackwagonrx [/i]
[B]i spray painted my stock rims with wheel spray paint from kragen and it looks great. i changed the color to gunmetal. it may take you a few hours but it'll save you at least $200. [/B][/QUOTE]

That'd be great except my wheels come painted ;) I want powder coating specifically because of its more lasting quality. Thanx though.

jason

mmboost 02-06-2003 10:54 PM

Thanx for the PC'ing replies, those places sound like jus what I'm looking for! Is a powdercoat finish smooth? Can it be / does it need to be clear coated?

jason

AWD_Dan 02-07-2003 12:56 AM

Another Vote for "MAAS" Bros. ;)

GDA 02-07-2003 07:02 AM

Got mine at Bay Area Powdercoating in Oakland as well . $200 flat for the set including stripping.

GDA

NeVzWRX 02-07-2003 06:07 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mmboost [/i]
[B]Thanx for the PC'ing replies, those places sound like jus what I'm looking for! Is a powdercoat finish smooth? Can it be / does it need to be clear coated?

jason [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Jason, my friends neighbor used to own a powdercoating business so I was talking to him. He actually went outside and showed me his motorcycle which it totally custom and he powdercoated everything on it. The finish on his bike is SUPER SMOOTH and it looked GOOD. He said it will never get chips form rocks and he even showed me a dent on the gas tank that didnt even mess up the finish but just left a dent. Well to answer your question they can be smooth as well. Good luck man. Also dont do just a simple white. Make it stand out or something.:D

Nev