i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Where to get engine bay steam cleaned? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/where-get-engine-bay-steam-cleaned-56518/)

SwtAzn_WRX_gurl 04-17-2004 03:27 PM

Where to get engine bay steam cleaned?

My engine bay is hella dirty, where can I take it to get steam cleaned and how much is it? Thanks!

1fastGC 04-17-2004 05:08 PM

I saw a few places in San Jose that does this, But I think it can be done on your own. Just spray some simple green and hose down the engine bay w/ a garden hose (mist) will do the trick. if you have an aftermarket intake, make sure you cover the air-filter w/ a plastic bag over it.

dorifto88 04-17-2004 05:46 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1fastGC [/i]
[B]I saw a few places in San Jose that does this, But I think it can be done on your own. Just spray some simple green and hose down the engine bay w/ a garden hose (mist) will do the trick. if you have an aftermarket intake, make sure you cover the air-filter w/ a plastic bag over it. [/B][/QUOTE]

yup, thats what some of my friends do!

blue blurr 04-17-2004 05:48 PM

or theres this stuff called Gunk Engine Bright and it works great. ive used it on bikes cars you name it. all you do is spary it on wait 15 min and hose it hose, try that out and if it doesnt work do the steam clean thing.

Ex-ricer 04-17-2004 09:44 PM

Haha! She said "hella."

DLUX WRX 04-17-2004 09:49 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ex-ricer [/i]
[B]Haha! She said "hella." [/B][/QUOTE]
thats tight. Nor Cal stylie

huck 04-17-2004 09:58 PM

How many Bay Areans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

DLUX WRX 04-17-2004 09:59 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by huck [/i]
[B]How many Bay Areans does it take to screw in a light bulb? [/B][/QUOTE]
please tell us

Ex-ricer 04-17-2004 10:39 PM

Hella!

02silversuby 04-17-2004 11:16 PM

Gino did this hella cool trick he sprayed this cleaner on my engine before i drove back to sac from hayward he told me when i got home to wipe it off and it will look like i just bought it from the dealer ...Man was he right it looked real NICE

-Adam

KurleeDaddeeWRX 04-18-2004 12:01 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1fastGC [/i]
[B]I saw a few places in San Jose that does this, [/B][/QUOTE]

There is a place in San Jose that specializes in steam cleaning. If you need the info, PM me and I will call the guy who had it done. He bought a 89' Subaru GL and the engine compartment was a mess. He brought it to this place in San Jose. Somehow that put hot steam from under the car, not a spray. It pulled off all of grease and crap from under the hood. His engine compartment now looks like it was when it was brand new. It cost something like $90.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

huck 04-18-2004 12:15 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ex-ricer[/i]
[B] Hella! [/B][/QUOTE]

We have a winner!

cyyeo 04-18-2004 03:48 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by huck [/i]
[B]How many Bay Areans does it take to screw in a light bulb? [/B][/QUOTE]

Five.

One to screw in the bulb, and four to share the experience. :D

mot 04-18-2004 06:14 PM

[url]www.ajautodetailing.com[/url]

armlock 04-18-2004 09:26 PM

I'm not sure of the name of the place but it is located on the corner of the Alameda and Stockton St. near HP Pavillion (San Jose). It'll cost you about $90. I had my 95 4Runner steamed so that I could locate an oil leak. They steamed the engine compartment, put it on a lift and steamed the undercarriage. It was worth it!