Where to buy OEM shocks other than the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by esousa22
It was 159.99 after a 10$ coupon

I'll check them out after I fix my caster issue.. :/
Did you get the exotic alignment? Probably had to with the coil overs.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Did you get the exotic alignment? Probably had to with the coil overs.
Nope, I just went in and said everything I had, F+R camber bolts, coilovers with front camber plates, and they charged me 159
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Nope, I just went in and said everything I had, F+R camber bolts, coilovers with front camber plates, and they charged me 159
That is for a lifetime regular alignment? They told me the only way you can pick your settings is if you purchase the exotic alignment.

Also see your other thread on the settings. You should take it back in because it is funky.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru

That is for a lifetime regular alignment? They told me the only way you can pick your settings is if you purchase the exotic alignment.

Also see your other thread on the settings. You should take it back in because it is funky.
I guess he isn't picking his settings and going with stock settings, which is fine for what he does.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by G_Ride
I guess he isn't picking his settings and going with stock settings, which is fine for what he does.
No, I'm going to pick a few settings, ask them to zero out the toe and maybe change camber a bit, brfatal suggests -2 front and -1 rear but I think thats too excessive for my DD aplications and will wear the tires faster then I'd like.

And yeah, it was a regular lifetime alignment. I called them this morning and said a few people on a local forum suggest going with a different toe and camber and he said no problem, bring it in! I'm going to take it in friday morning.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
No, I'm going to pick a few settings, ask them to zero out the toe and maybe change camber a bit, brfatal suggests -2 front and -1 rear but I think thats too excessive for my DD aplications and will wear the tires faster then I'd like.

that wont wear the tires. toe will.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by flat489
that wont wear the tires. toe will.
ohh okay, I thought that was the reason people that are slammed wear the inner tire quickly.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
that wont wear the tires. Toe will.
qftw
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
it wont increase inner tire wear?
not unless you are running some crazy amount like -4+ honestly do some research. ive given you a bunch of links about suspension stuff. i just type it into google/nasioc/iwsti and i read. plus you should be figuring out what is up with the your caster first. it could be something more than just the alignment guy not knowing what to do. Again i would take it to a place that knows what they are doing. yes i know you paid for firestone but clearly you have a lot to learn on suspension. And taking it to a place that knows what they are doing could possibly save you from wasting a bunch of money.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM

not unless you are running some crazy amount like -4+ honestly do some research. ive given you a bunch of links about suspension stuff. i just type it into google/nasioc/iwsti and i read. plus you should be figuring out what is up with the your caster first. it could be something more than just the alignment guy not knowing what to do. Again i would take it to a place that knows what they are doing. yes i know you paid for firestone but clearly you have a lot to learn on suspension. And taking it to a place that knows what they are doing could possibly save you from wasting a bunch of money.
I'm well aware I have a lot to learn about suspension. I took a look under the car today to see if something looked damage and it didnt look like it. I took a look at where you said I can adjust the caster and it didn't look possible, maybe you are talking about an STi. I did research as far as "how to adjust caster on a wrx" and clicking the ones that were 02-04s and it seems the caster isn't adjustable. I looked through a mechanics manual and also couldn't find anything telling me that caster can be adjusted. Taking it to another place would be a waste of money IMO because caster really isn't an issue, its just something I'd like fixed as a piece of mind. I don't plan on getting control arms yet since the car is drivable and caster isn't a huge problem as far as I know but I also haven't searched " is it dangerous" or whatever. I thank you for the links you've provided, you've been a great help, but I haven't spent the time to read them yet but I have took note to read them before I get my alignment done. I planned on going through all the links on this thread tomorrow while I'm at work. Today was my day off and I'd rather get paid to read :P haha.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
If you still need struts/shocks let me know and I'll get a price quote at work for ya.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by imprezachiang
If you still need struts/shocks let me know and I'll get a price quote at work for ya.
He bought Megan coilovers
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Originally Posted by G_Ride
He bought Megan coilovers
Sweet thanks for the update! Was too lazy to read through the whole thread. :-)