Where to buy OEM shocks other than the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 03:16 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
I wish we had a downvote button on this damn forum... hide would have a few, I'm sure I would too though lol
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by esousa22
I wish we had a downvote button on this damn forum... hide would have a few, I'm sure I would too though lol
Can you stop posting pointless informations? 1/2 your posts are nothing but poking fun at people and hating on things. Go crawl in your hole until you have something relevant to say that has not already been stated
Well yeah... but I didn't know what exactly was bent or broken so I figured go with coilovers for the front camber plates for extra adjustment of camber. I didnt want to buy struts and find out that I still cant fix my alignment issue
probably, but with far less suspension travel so my car doesnt bottom out when I hit a pothole of some sort. again. Who the hell cares. They have been bought. I'll let you guys know how they work so you can decide whether they are terrible coilovers or if they are fairly decent.
I know cheap coilovers cost more in the long run because I will decide to replace them and lose clost to 300or 400 when I sell my megans used which adds to the final total of the already expensive coilovers. I have the budget to afford this because it was either spend about the same on konis and not be able to take my car hunting which is a necessity to me that you will not understand, I don't plan on rebuilding them when they start to go bad, and when they are at that point, I will purchase the right set for me and have the money to do it because with the direction my life is heading, I will be in my career of choice. If not, well I will figure it out when the time comes.

I'm not done in februrary. I'm done hunting on a regular basis in february but I'm not DONE. I am most likely going to hunt some property up in placerville for turkeys, hunt king city for pigs. I am taking a guess that stock wrx suspension wont help me correct my alignment in my front right wheel because they dont have front camber plates. I went with coils because of the camber plates and extra adjustability of camber to correct the alignment.

Have you ever adjusted coilovers? It takes me, alone, to adjust all 4 corners, roughly 30 minutes. It's really not that bad. Don't give me another longa** response, its a waste of my time to give you all my reasons. Megan coilovers were my RIGHT choice whether you agree with me or not I could care less. If I meet you, feel free to ask me everything and I'll gladly explain but over text/email/posts its too damn time consuming and I'm getting tired of responding to these long posts everyone is giving me

I bought megan coils, struts and springs were not suitable for my NEEDS. If you really want to know my life and why I bought the damn things, take me out to lunch and we can discuss, otherwise, who cares! It's my car, purchase has been made and installed. buh bye.
I down vote all these posts for not using the multiquote button.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Don't give me another longa** response, its a waste of my time to give you all my reasons. Megan coilovers were my RIGHT choice whether you agree with me or not I could care less.

buh bye.
Hence the reason for me saying "hope the megans serve you well." We'll both leave it at that.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Well yeah... but I didn't know what exactly was bent or broken so I figured go with coilovers for the front camber plates for extra adjustment of camber. I didnt want to buy struts and find out that I still cant fix my alignment issue
It's simple, you take it somewhere are get help from knowledgeable friends to figure out what's possibly broken. You may be able to get the alignment you want now but you might still have something that's damaged.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
I down vote all these posts for not using the multiquote button.
I had no idea that was there.. lol thanks! Last time I quoted multiple people I copy and pasted from new tabs.. LOL.

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Hence the reason for me saying "hope the megans serve you well." We'll both leave it at that.
Thanks, I hope they don't cause issues..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
quality stock replacements may have blown out quickly with the lowering springs. I need the height adjustment because I don't always have access to a truck and this is the first season I started bringing my own vehicle and started hunting with buddy of mine and neither of us have trucks.
What I meant is go back to entirely stock suspension including springs.

However, since you are on coils now, I strongly advise on getting this to maintain correct suspension geometry and articulation.

Whiteline Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
I was looking at rockauto.com for 2004 WRX wagon struts, and they had something called KYB Ultra SR (part #324034, 324035, 324036, & 324037). After some research on KYB's euro site and scoobynet, it appears that these are inverted struts for 2004 & 2005 wagons? Similar to the JDM V8 inverted wagon struts!? Any suspension expert wants to chime in?

KYB – Ultra-SR Shock Absorbers
How I fixed my Knocking inverted Sti Type struts! - ScoobyNet
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
What I meant is go back to entirely stock suspension including springs.

However, since you are on coils now, I strongly advise on getting this to maintain correct suspension geometry and articulation.

Whiteline Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com
This is a really good suggestion, but he won't get them.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM

I'll get those inna few months.. Will I need an alignment after I install them?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Firestone lifetime exotic alignment! $215
Old 01-29-2013, 01:10 AM

^ I totally forgot about that! I need to call vex and cancel my appointment :/ firestone it is!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM

I'll get those inna few months.. Will I need an alignment after I install them?
You'll just be replacing ball joints and tie rods, so not as mandotory as with shocks/springs. Still it will not hurt to re-check it in case it does need tweeking (which is what Whiteline suggests).

http://www.oakos.com/product_docs/WLKCA313.pdf
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
You'll just be replacing ball joints and tie rods, so not as mandotory as with shocks/springs. Still it will not hurt to re-check it in case it does need tweeking (which is what Whiteline suggests).

When you change out your tie-rod ends, you absolutely must re-align.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
When you change out your tie-rod ends, you absolutely must re-align.
I stand corrected than Thanks for the info
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Firestone lifetime exotic alignment! $215
It was 159.99 after a 10$ coupon

I'll check them out after I fix my caster issue.. :/

Quick Reply: Where to buy OEM shocks other than the dealer