i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   What's up with the hot asian chick ads? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/whats-up-hot-asian-chick-ads-98167/)

santino 05-04-2005 12:45 PM

What's up with the hot asian chick ads?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them at all!!!! I'm afraid of two things:

1. I-club becoming a banned site internally so I can't surf during lunch at work. prOn is banned here, and should be at work.

2. My manager stopping by while that ad appears on my screen.

Granted, BAIC is the most surfed main link in the forums, but is there anyway to block it out?

And on a seperate note, that chick is NICE, I think I can see her kidneys from here.

Yin 05-04-2005 12:49 PM

yeah its a really really good ad... but NWS. i always immediately scroll down on the wheel mouse when i go in baic or the classifieds

killaho 05-04-2005 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=santino]

Granted, BAIC is the most surfed main link in the forums, but is there anyway to block it out?
.[/QUOTE]

get firefox and their add blocker. :tia:

mattsn0w 05-04-2005 01:08 PM

w3rd, +1

[QUOTE=killaho]get firefox and their add blocker. :tia:[/QUOTE]

Aegon 05-04-2005 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=killaho]get firefox and their add blocker. :tia:[/QUOTE]

Not a valid option for me. I can't build GTK in my homespace and I can't install firefox without GTK.

This issue also concerns me. I started a thread a while back saying the same stuff and it was deleted.

Yin 05-04-2005 01:19 PM

advertising depends on people seeing ads. any notion to rid of ads across alot of members is going to be looked down upon by admin.

SsTiNgEr77 05-04-2005 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=santino]

And on a seperate note, that chick is NICE, I think I can see her kidneys from here.[/QUOTE]

haha, I think she forgot how to eat.

n192da 05-04-2005 01:29 PM

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing. Pretty bizzare sponsor, given how draconian the rules on this forum are.

2nd: that chick is fugly. You cats need to buy some new glasses. :D

Imprezer 05-04-2005 01:41 PM

I am getting a more PG-13ish add. Just gimme few more days.

Aegon 05-04-2005 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=Yin]advertising depends on people seeing ads. any notion to rid of ads across alot of members is going to be looked down upon by admin.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% right. Advertisers only pay for advertisements on sites that people visit. If I stop coming here because I find the advertisements objectionable (or more importantly my workplace finds it objectionable), than the site gets less traffic and less ad revenue.

I like fark, but I don't go there at work. If i-club keeps putting up bad ads, I'll stop coming here at work.

I probably won't be the only one.

View Askew 05-04-2005 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=n192da]
2nd: that chick is fugly. You cats need to buy some new glasses. :D[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!!

Aegon 05-04-2005 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=Imprezer]I am getting a more PG-13ish add. Just gimme few more days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Alex.

Yin 05-04-2005 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=Aegon]Not 100% right. Advertisers only pay for advertisements on sites that people visit. If I stop coming here because I find the advertisements objectionable (or more importantly my workplace finds it objectionable), than the site gets less traffic and less ad revenue.

I like fark, but I don't go there at work. If i-club keeps putting up bad ads, I'll stop coming here at work.

I probably won't be the only one.[/QUOTE]
i see what youre saying. i guess if the advertiser still knew that this site gets alot of traffic, they wont know/care if people are blocking the ads

wombatsauce 05-04-2005 02:01 PM

Haha.. I finally saw the kt-so ad. She looks all twisted and odd - I was looking and was like 'wut duh... OH.'

mattsn0w 05-04-2005 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Aegon]Not a valid option for me. I can't build GTK in my homespace and I can't install firefox without GTK.

This issue also concerns me. I started a thread a while back saying the same stuff and it was deleted.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried running the binary packages? What distribution are you running?

Its a PITA, but if you are running on a BSD or Linux system and need something, just change the paths in the makefile, and configure script.

:)