i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   UFC Thread (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/ufc-thread-219053/)

TurnWRX 08-31-2010 11:36 AM

I want to see Jon Jones take on some real competition. His potential is amazing.

gh0st shad0w 08-31-2010 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;2929261]I want to see Jon Jones take on some real competition. His potential is amazing.[/QUOTE]

I agree he has been looking great so far.

failure 08-31-2010 05:36 PM

We won't be seeing him fight for a while, Dana White has said he won't give him his next fight "until the dust settles in Light Heavy". AKA he has to wait for Rashad, Bader, and a cast of other fighters fights to be sorted out. Too bad Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin aren't available, they're the next logical stepping stones for Jon Jones to breeze through. I still wish his nickname was "The Manhunter" XD

skeeler 09-01-2010 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=failure;2929202]Meh, I don't think it'll be interesting at all.. just more of the same GSP takedown after takedown. Unless you can find someone who can stuff GSP, he's never losing that belt, especially with Greg Jackson whispering "just play it safe" in his ear. Now if he were willing to actually willing to submit someone, he could would be more exciting, but he's too nice of a guy.

Silva's not going to lose anytime soon, but if he wants to stay busy and such he's going to have to move up weight soon.

Heavy, I think is locked up. I don't see Cain being able to do much against Lesnar, and I don't think anyone gives Lesnar enough credit for his strength, agility, speed, and (believe it or not) smarts. His game plans in the 2nd Mir fight and the Carwin fight were perfect, but everyone just writes him off as "that heel from WWE".[/QUOTE]

GSP dominates, last person to win a round against him was koscheck. I remember reading somewhere GSP doesn't plan to go up either.

Silva is out for over a year from his rib injury.

IDK about Lesnar's plan being getting rocked for an entire round and the taking him down in the second was a great game plan. It was obvious he was going to take him to the ground, I don't think Lesnar planned on Carwins stand up being that much better.

skeeler 09-01-2010 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=03'EyeBug;2928871]Ah. Have you seen Jose Aldo fight? I watched a lot of his rise through the WEC. He straight embarrassed some really good fighters, and he almost always delivers with good kicks and combos. Check him out if you haven't already(I'm sure you've seen him once or twice though.)[/QUOTE]

Aldo isn't gonna leave wec or weight classes any time soon. He has an Anderson Silva thing going on there. All fighters are too afraid to do what they plan to do against him and they all get beat before the even step in with him. I hope gamburyan beats him though.

As for Faber, I think he is looking to go up in weight. Not much left for him where he is at. Everyone kind of owns him in that class now.

03'EyeBug 09-01-2010 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=skeeler;2929891]Aldo isn't gonna leave wec or weight classes any time soon. He has an Anderson Silva thing going on there. All fighters are too afraid to do what they plan to do against him and they all get beat before the even step in with him. I hope gamburyan beats him though.

As for Faber, I think he is looking to go up in weight. Not much left for him where he is at. Everyone kind of owns him in that class now.[/QUOTE]

I never said he was going to haha, I just said I like his style.

verc 09-01-2010 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=skeeler;2929888]
IDK about Lesnar's plan being getting rocked for an entire round and the taking him down in the second was a great game plan. It was obvious he was going to take him to the ground, I don't think Lesnar planned on Carwins stand up being that much better.[/QUOTE]

Remember Lesnar was out for a whole year while HE FREAKING ALMOST DIED AND LOST 40 LBS OF MUSCLE while Carwin in the meantime steamrolled like 3 people

It's called ring rust and plus the fact that fighters always look a bit 'not all there' coming off injuries. That's why I'm worried for Shogun on his title defense. I don't want Rashad to beat him cause his knee is jacked up.

verc 09-01-2010 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=skeeler;2929891]Aldo isn't gonna leave wec or weight classes any time soon. He has an Anderson Silva thing going on there. All fighters are too afraid to do what they plan to do against him and they all get beat before the even step in with him. I hope gamburyan beats him though.

As for Faber, I think he is looking to go up in weight. Not much left for him where he is at. Everyone kind of owns him in that class now.[/QUOTE]

Faber moved down to bantamweight.

Not sure who he'll fight first since he's already fought Curran and Cruz, teammates with benevidez.

Prolly his first fight will be mizugaki or Wineland since he's was a champ before Torres.

Faber's first fight at 135 won't be Torres b/c Torres just lost 2 in a row. Faber doesn't gain anything from fighting him

failure 09-01-2010 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=skeeler;2929888]GSP dominates, last person to win a round against him was koscheck. I remember reading somewhere GSP doesn't plan to go up either.
[/quote]
He said he may, though doubtful, Greg Jackson will try and keep him where he's making the moneys. GSP will continue to dominate as long as he subscribes to the Greg Jackson Lay and get Paid style of fighting. GSP is the man, but it's only a matter of time before people realize, there isn't much of a difference between him and John Fitch (stylistically).

[quote]
Silva is out for over a year from his rib injury.
[/quote]
I hadn't heard this, but that's probably a good thing. Silva can watch the Middleweights sort themselves out, nobody in that weight division is gonna be able to fight him any ways.

[quote]
IDK about Lesnar's plan being getting rocked for an entire round and the taking him down in the second was a great game plan. It was obvious he was going to take him to the ground, I don't think Lesnar planned on Carwins stand up being that much better.[/QUOTE]
He turtled the first round completely after the first barrage, he didn't bother trying for anything, and found out that in round 2 Carwin's cardio wasn't what he made it out to be. Probably not the best example of game plans, since nobody would want to give him that kind of credit.

Better Example:
Frank Mir #2
Takes the fight to the ground and stays chest to chest with legs as far away as possible. Making it impossible for Frank Mir to work any real jiujitsu, Turns Mir's face into hamburger, as intended.

It doesn't matter, nobody will give him any credit unless he ends up with like a 20 fight streak of defenses. Hell, only Dana White is giving him credit for being a fighting champion. He could have taken off 9-10 months before fighting Cain Velasquez. Instead? We get to see it in what November? That's mostly about being paid probably, but hey we benefit from it. Better than all the other champs -.-

verc 09-01-2010 02:24 PM

[QUOTE=failure;2930075]
It doesn't matter, nobody will give him any credit unless he ends up with like a 20 fight streak of defenses. Hell, only Dana White is giving him credit for being a fighting champion. He could have taken off 9-10 months before fighting Cain Velasquez. Instead? We get to see it in what November? That's mostly about being paid probably, but hey we benefit from it. Better than all the other champs -.-[/QUOTE]

yeah brock won't get credit for Cain either. Haters will say "O he just beat a small guy"

I think the only way he'll ever get credit is if he win a standup war with a noted striker without using his wrestling. Like knocking out Pat Barry with a high kick or something

TurnWRX 09-01-2010 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=verc;2929960]Remember Lesnar was out for a whole year while HE FREAKING ALMOST DIED AND LOST 40 LBS OF MUSCLE [/QUOTE]

what happened? How did he almost die?

OneManArmy 09-01-2010 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=TurnWRX;2930139]what happened? How did he almost die?[/QUOTE]

He got a gnarly intestinal parasite or some ****. Google it man. It was a big deal. That's why the title was in limbo for a while.

skeeler 09-01-2010 03:28 PM

Lesnar got really sick, he had holes in his intestines.

failure 09-01-2010 05:57 PM

He got mono, collapsed in Canada, found out he also had a serious bacterial infection in his intestines. Then had to go to Mayo Clinic to get operated on for that. At his request there was no full disclosure, only Dana White saying it could be a career ender, since he had let it go on for so long.

That's why there was in interim belt-holder (Carwin), they weren't sure Brock would be back. It's also why Rua isn't going to have an interim belt-holder, as they know when he'll be back (April-June '11 timeframe).

iLoqin 09-02-2010 11:28 AM

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweek090210[/url]

Seriously is that all they make? I coulda sworn they made a whole lot more in this industry, especially the UFC... hmmm