Toyota FT-86 concept at Geneva (Conglomerated FRS/BRZ thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX & 01 NEON "SRT0"
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
this Scion is the ft-86. The only other version now is Subaru's version.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...nfo-auto_shows
Ohhh ok, still kinda dumb toyota has no performance car for the masses, and with there history it would prob sell better as a toyota.

oh well dont matter i want the subie anway.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by Jimboi
Sweet. Needs a hood scoop. Lol.
needs boost
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
looks good! i would love one!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
we've already had an FT86-FRS thread since last month, in fact its still here on the front page from when I bumped it yesterday, going to merge these since we dont need two threads for this.

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
The wheels/brakes are just for show. Final production will be a more dumbed down look with regards to the front and rear end, and with probably 17 inch wheels.
This.
ALL auto show cars nowadays are slammed and have huge wheels and brakes, its pretty much industry standard now even on cars where it looks absurd.

remember that NGV/Hybrid Camry concept from the L.A. auto show a couple years ago that was slammed on 20s? lol yeah Im sure thats exactly what people that buy hybrids aregoing to do to their cars

VS. the actual production hybrid camry LOL

Last edited by Krinkov; 04-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I thought it's 2 different cars.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I thought it's 2 different cars.

nope. Toyota is just labeling it a Scion now to try to save that miserable failing brand of theirs.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Man. All the scion ricers are gonna have a blast with this. I can't stand them in SJ nd giving them what I hope is a great car is gonna make it worse. **** Toyota if they drop the FT-86 nd make only this.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Guillermo
Man. All the scion ricers are gonna have a blast with this. I can't stand them in SJ nd giving them what I hope is a great car is gonna make it worse. **** Toyota if they drop the FT-86 nd make only this.
thats exactly what they are doing. Scion was already Toyotas big middle finger to the youth enthusiast market. We all wanted Supras and MR2s and the old Celicas back but they decided they only wanted to make boring Camry and Prius "driving appliances" from now on. So they created the Scion brand in a cynical attempt to dictate to the youth market that what we really wanted were boring sub-20K econoboxes packaged with a big marketing campaign. Didnt quite work out that way, most of the scions I see on the road today have middle-aged or older drivers, some young drivers but more or less the same cross section that buys any sub-20K econoboxes. They've really just turned into Toyotas version of Saturn, mediocre cars for people that really dont care about driving.

Last edited by Krinkov; 04-21-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 AM

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11104273...ts-sound-video

Man, it really doesn't look as cool w/o the led's on the front.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-28-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM

Ugh, I really hate those tacky LED light strips on the front of cars now, whenever I see those on an audi it really ruins the clean look of their front end. I know all the ricers love that **** though (they love shiny things) go on ebay now and you will see tons of honda ricer headlights for sale with tacky light strips crammed in them. LED light strips is seriously going to be the new Altezzas for this decade
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
Ugh, I really hate those tacky LED light strips on the front of cars now, whenever I see those on an audi it really ruins the clean look of their front end. I know all the ricers love that **** though (they love shiny things) go on ebay now and you will see tons of honda ricer headlights for sale with tacky light strips crammed in them. LED light strips is seriously going to be the new Altezzas for this decade
Maybe you are right, I just felt like the front end resembled the LFA more even though the LFA doesn't have these. In person it might look corny. I never even though of how'd they'd look when lit up. Think the contrast of the black is what draws my eye too them.

Can anybody tell anything about the motor by the sound, other than the obvious.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-28-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
thats exactly what they are doing. Scion was already Toyotas big middle finger to the youth enthusiast market. We all wanted Supras and MR2s and the old Celicas back but they decided they only wanted to make boring Camry and Prius "driving appliances" from now on. So they created the Scion brand in a cynical attempt to dictate to the youth market that what we really wanted were boring sub-20K econoboxes packaged with a big marketing campaign. Didnt quite work out that way, most of the scions I see on the road today have middle-aged or older drivers, some young drivers but more or less the same cross section that buys any sub-20K econoboxes. They've really just turned into Toyotas version of Saturn, mediocre cars for people that really dont care about driving.
Dam, just what I had feared. If Toyota drops the FT to only make the FR-S, I'd just debadge it and put Toyota emblems on it. As much as I would hate contributing to Scion, that is what I would do.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Guillermo
Dam, just what I had feared. If Toyota drops the FT to only make the FR-S, I'd just debadge it and put Toyota emblems on it. As much as I would hate contributing to Scion, that is what I would do.
I think it's funny nobody realizes,
1) the car was 95 percent exact in geneva for production
2) the car has always been slated to come as a scion

MOSt important

SCION=Non 50 thousand dollar car.

If you are upset the car is a scion, but nothing at all with the car has changed besides the name, you are a dummy. If you think scion will ruin it before it comes out, thats another story.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
I'd just take the badge off and put a Subaru one on. lol
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM

I know it's almost the exact same thing. What I'm saying is that the FT-86 is supposed to be continuing on the AE-86, a classic, which is why I was hoping it would come as Toyota, not as Scion which is garbage. Also, I ain't saying I won't buy it because it's Scion, I'm saying if I were to buy it, I would just switch it to Toyota or even Subaru emblems as azer said.

Quick Reply: Toyota FT-86 concept at Geneva (Conglomerated FRS/BRZ thread)