Back from Warriors vs Suns Game...A Few Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:46 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Arrow Back from Warriors vs Suns Game...A Few Thoughts

Just got back from the Warriors vs. Suns game @ The Arena in Oakland. Here's a couple of thoughts I came away with:

1. Amare Stoudemire (#32 SUNS) is the real deal & a STUD!! This kid is just one year out of high school but is a freakin' MONSTER in the paint. I dunno why he didn't play more because no one on the Warriors could check him. He was just backing down people or rising up and over them at will!! Give him a few years and he will be one of the BEST power forwards in the league.

2. Jason Richardson has a much improved outside shot but still is too tentative in taking the ball to the hole. He settles for long range J's (mostly 3's) WAY too often. He needs to get more aggressive, which will open things up for other players and/or get him to the free throw line.

3. Stephon Marbury is pretty nice too. Like Amare, basically no one could contain him. He was blowing by Gilbert Arenas as if Gilbey was nailed to the floor. Stephon started off hot but unexplicably, got less aggessive down the stretch. Glad to see that his game is coming together after being traded bounced around from Minnesota & New Jersey. He's more of a team player (drops dimes like crazy) and lets the game come to him instead of forcing things, as he did in the past.

4. Penny Hardaway officially SUCKS now. He is a liability on defense and looks very tentative on offense. It's kinda sad...before his injuries, he was one of my favorite players and had A LOT of potential.

5. Mike Dunleavy.....sorry guys, I know a lot of people have been down on him, but it's pretty well deserved. He was pretty good in college, but doesn't have the tools and esp. confidence to cut it in the League. He may develop into a decent role/bench player in a few years, but it looks like he's going to be another lottery-pick bust for the Warriors.

6. Finally, the new improved "Arena" is much better than the old facility, but it is a far cry from Staples Center in LA (I just moved back to the Bay Area last July). There's definitely a shortage of "eye candy" compared to La-La Land!

All in all, it was a fun time/game. Warriors won & scored over 100pts, so FREE CHALUPAS for all in attendance!!!

Peace

CL
Old 03-12-2003, 01:11 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

hope you got your coupon for the freebie, thaat they were passing out as you left...

anyways, dunleavy will take a couple years.

unfortunately, everyone wants that instant gratification so the rookie must start everynite and get a double-double.

good win tonite... damn fox sports didnt tv it tonite. was listening on the radio for the last quarter. glad they put em away.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:25 AM

very good assessment... that's why I said before, trade JRich, Dunleavy, Fortson and maybe even Dampier for the #1 pick. Dunleavy should have done something this year already. Look at the 3 rookies last year, they all showed skills but Dunleavy so far has shown nothing especially on a team that has this much offensive options that no one is doubling him.

Phoenix is gonna be real nice in the coming years. Stephon, Stoudamire and the MATRIX is such a good core to build around.

I lived in LA for four years and yes the eye candy is ohh so wonderful.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I knew I should have went to the game last night! but NO! I had a stupid night class! So I had to give the tickets to my gf and her friend Carmen..

btw, any of you wanna ball? or do any of you know if there's any league that we can join at this time?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:18 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally posted by 1fastGC
I knew I should have went to the game last night! but NO! I had a stupid night class! So I had to give the tickets to my gf and her friend Carmen..

wait... you GF likes to watch hoops? and her friend??? is her friend single???
Old 03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by ldivinag
wait... you GF likes to watch hoops? and her friend??? is her friend single???
yeah my gf loves hoops, and yes..her friend likes to watch as well...but I don't know if she's single or not.. I will find out
Old 03-12-2003, 03:08 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Didnt I make a post in this topic?
Old 03-12-2003, 03:30 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Smile 10-4 Buddy!!

Originally posted by Kostamojen
Didnt I make a post in this topic?
Don't worry, Kosta. I saw your reply.

I did get my coupon for the FREE Chalupa, but honestly, I haven't even redeemed the last 3 I've received! I guess I'm suffering from Chalupa & Gordita overload---used to buy TONS of them when they were $.99/each!

En3d,

Thanks for the support on my takes of the game & Warriors. I'm w/ya on Dunleavy. I do feel sorry for him because you can see it in his eyes/demeanor that he is suffering from lack of confidence and is really pressing to make things happen. Did y'all see his attempt at "posterizing" one of the Warriors--sorry, forgot which one? He tried taking off about 2 feet outside the key on the right baseline and cramming it down but never really got over the rim. He did get fouled, but I guess his mind was telling him to do things his body wasn't having anything to do with! He better leave the throwdowns to J-Rich & Arenas.

Anyways, Dunleavy should be contributing by now. Yes, even Kobe, Garnett, & others who entered the league very young/green needed a few years to blossom. But Dunleavy did play college ball for one of the best coaches/programs around...Coach K/Duke. And even though Kobe, Garnett, etc struggled & hit the wall during their first couple of years, they at least showed flashes of brilliance. Dunleavy has shown very litte thus far...DEFINITELY nothing worthy of a lottery-pick!

1FASTGC,

I'm down to ball w/you and other I-Club'ers/NASIOC'ers, but I do play 2 times a week now--league games on Mon & pick up on Wed. I'm not a young'n anymore, so my body can't take much more! This is actually the most I've ever played in my life. Even during high school, I only played once a week at most...too busy trying to chase tail & run w/the "in-crowd" I suppose. Ahhh, to be young and stupid again!

Peace

CL
Old 03-12-2003, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Re: 10-4 Buddy!!

Originally posted by CLsmooth71

1FASTGC,

I'm down to ball w/you and other I-Club'ers/NASIOC'ers, but I do play 2 times a week now--league games on Mon & pick up on Wed. I'm not a young'n anymore, so my body can't take much more! This is actually the most I've ever played in my life. Even during high school, I only played once a week at most...too busy trying to chase tail & run w/the "in-crowd" I suppose. Ahhh, to be young and stupid again!

Peace

CL
CL,

Don't worry.. I am not young either..29 to be exact.. and you are playing more than I do.. However, I am trying to get back into it. And this is the reason why I am looking for a league to join so I can bring back my game. I have been playing since I was 7yrs old, played for my jr high team and varsity high school. But stopped playing beacuse during college, I realized life isn't just about basketball anymore lol.. Girls girls girls!

btw, what is league that you are playing? Is it a corporate league? I found a recreational league called Dream league (www.dreamleague.org) and they also offer corporate league play as well..

let me know when you wanna play! I am down to play whenever!