i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Squeaking end link help (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/squeaking-end-link-help-244116/)

Javirex23 08-21-2012 09:49 PM

Squeaking end link help

So since i got into subarus ive been good at findings squeaks and knocks here and there but one just came up that has eluded me...so i need your help iclubbers.

i noticed the squeak coming from my Right Rear suspension area after my endlink install. i have Perrin Stout Mounts,Perrin Sway and just recently completed it with Perrin endlinks. So when i installed the sway bar, it was ok no squeaking. endlinks go on and the squeaking came. everything was lubed with grease and all.

Today i go and take the right endlink off. i read on another forum that somone fixed a similar squeak by regreasing and adding teflon tape to the mounting points. ok so i did that, regreased everything and did the teflon tape trick. when i was tightening things back up,Perrrin recomends the links to be torqed to 50lbs (which seemed a little much) but i went ahead anyway, and to my surprise, Squeak is still there!!!:yell::yell:

im going to try to this one more time, and im also going to lube the sway bar now that im there...if anyone has sugestions please throw them my way thanks guys!
oh btw i also have coilovers if that matters at all.

cliffs: squeaky noise coming from end links, cant find problem after regreasing

ry's_shagnwagon 08-21-2012 09:54 PM

Lube It, always works for me ��

Heedz 08-21-2012 10:16 PM

Javi lemme take a listen tomorrow night?

Javirex23 08-21-2012 10:44 PM

^if i go, sure

pho_shizzle 08-21-2012 11:01 PM

Perrin sway endlinks are known to be noisy and squeak lol. Lube much?

Heedz 08-21-2012 11:05 PM

yeah mine are noisy too.....

vaj 08-22-2012 07:34 AM

Perrins links are noisy by nature. However... white lithium grease and wrapping da swaybar with Teflon tape helps. What kind of grease are ya using?

vaj 08-22-2012 07:36 AM

Are the mounts tight?

04GG 08-22-2012 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=vaj;3282686]Perrins links are noisy by nature. However... white lithium grease and wrapping da swaybar with Teflon tape helps. What kind of grease are ya using?[/QUOTE]

Swaybar bushings need to be lubed, period. Who installed the bar and endlinks?

If the problem is the endlinks, then lubing the bar won't do anything to fix the problem either.

I have Perrin spherical endlinks and mine do not squeak. Been on the car for almost 2 years.

Going to send out some emails to manufacturers regarding the teflon tape. It sounds stupid to me, but now I am curious. I've never used anything but the recommended grease and NEVER had a squeaky swaybar.

04GG 08-23-2012 01:16 PM

A Whiteline Technical Service Coordinator responded:

[quote]Our grease will work for lubricating the bushings just fine. However, some of our end users do wrap the bar in Teflon tape for added lubrication by their choice.[/quote]

To me that means it is of no proven benefit.

bmxhotsauce 08-23-2012 01:21 PM

if you dont like noise at all i wouldn't recommend buying aftermarket parts.

little things like that will bug some people but it works just fine correct?

i have kart boy endlink and ST sway bars and have some noise but that is the game.