i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Soooo..... who hates traffic cops? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/soooo-who-hates-traffic-cops-123878/)

WRXakaBooSTi 01-19-2006 03:22 PM

Soooo..... who hates traffic cops?

Anyways, im pretty pissed off right now. Last night early in the morning around 1am on i-80, i got pulled over for speeding. the cop was doing around 65 and i going about 75 and drove passed the police car. i did think twice about passing the cop, but didnt think that the cop was going to be a big enough a** to pull me over for simply passing by. (if i didnt pass by, i would have had to drive behind the cop for at least 30 more freaking miles.) basically i hate traffic cops and they should die in hell ( dont take this litterally!) for taking hundreds of dollars away from people commiting illegal activities as bad as going 10mph over the speed limit. OMFG... 10mph big F-ing deal. seriously... thanks pigs for ripping 200 bucks out of my pocket.

Anyways, the ticket has 80mph written as the speed i was going and its marked in a box thats an approximation i think. the speed was not taken by a exact radar gun or anything. what recommendations do you guys have for how i can get out of this situation the best way possible? ideas on how to fight it in court?

Zoeb2s 01-19-2006 03:32 PM

Are you kidding?

You passed a cop doing over the speed limit, knowing you were passing him, doing over the speed limit and you are complaining about the ticket he gave you?

You actually thought that the cop would not write you a ticket?

WRXakaBooSTi 01-19-2006 03:34 PM

its 1am, the average speed on the freeway at this time of night on a weekday is up there around 75mph. the cop was not a chp so i didnt think they were out to be an ass and write up tickets.

Zoeb2s 01-19-2006 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=WRXakaBooSTi]its 1am, the average speed on the freeway at this time of night on a weekday is up there around 75mph. the cop was not a chp so i didnt think they were out to be an ass and write up tickets.[/QUOTE]
who cares what the average is, you are doing over the speed limit, IN FRONT OF A COP

Why WOULDN'T he write you a ticket?

:rotfl:

Cashis 01-19-2006 03:38 PM

I make it a habit to never pass cops on the freeway - even if they're only doing 50mph.

As far as fighting the ticket - what is the violation on it? Excessive speed or basic speed law?

WillisW555 01-19-2006 03:39 PM

I have to concur with 02BlackWRX.

1. You knew you were speeding
2. You saw the cop
3. You passed the cop exceeding the speed limit
4. You got a ticket

The only thing you can do to fight it is to go to court and hope he doesn't show. I've heard though, that if you lose in court, you CAN'T go to traffic school and you'll get a bump in you insurance from the point.

blue blurr 01-19-2006 03:42 PM

Who the **** do you think you are saying all cops should die and burn in hell? You were doing something illegal, it doesnt matter what time of day it was. There just doing there job, pulling over speeders to help YOU! Do you have any idea what this world would be like without police? We would all probably be dead...

WRXakaBooSTi 01-19-2006 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=blue blurr]Who the **** do you think you are saying all cops should die and burn in hell? You were doing something illegal, it doesnt matter what time of day it was. There just doing there job, pulling over speeders to help YOU! Do you have any idea what this world would be like without police? We would all probably be dead...[/QUOTE]

i made a point of saying it was traffic cops okay? "real" cops actually help you out. dont take it litterally either, duh i know if every traffic cop in the world disappeared, we'd have chaos on the streets. but honesty, would u be happy if you just got a ticket for driving 75 on the freeway. i dont know how you drive, but i wouldnt be suprised if you drive 75 on the freeway. imo, im just pissed for getting ticket for something as harmless as what i did. was i hurting anyone by going 75? probably not.

hyperlitenerd 01-19-2006 03:54 PM

yes a lot of people speed, but does that make it ok? they have speed limits for whatever reason they want, and they have the right to enforce it. But I mean come on, passing a cop doing 10 over the limit?? you are making his job too easy. I feel so sympathy for you. You can come back and complain when the cop gives you a ticket for passing him going 60 in a 65.

hyperlitenerd 01-19-2006 03:54 PM

yes a lot of people speed, but does that make it ok? they have speed limits for whatever reason they want, and they have the right to enforce it. But I mean come on, passing a cop doing 10 over the limit?? you are making his job too easy. I feel so sympathy for you. You can come back and complain when the cop gives you a ticket for passing him going 60 in a 65.

WRXakaBooSTi 01-19-2006 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=hyperlitenerd]yes a lot of people speed, but does that make it ok? they have speed limits for whatever reason they want, and they have the right to enforce it. But I mean come on, passing a cop doing 10 over the limit?? you are making his job too easy. I feel so sympathy for you. You can come back and complain when the cop gives you a ticket for passing him going 60 in a 65.[/QUOTE]

i did make her job too easy didnt i... i gambled n loss... 1am, everyones going fast, non chp on freeway, didnt expect her to go after me... BAM, i got screwed! so suggestions on how to get out of this thing?

East Bay STI 01-19-2006 04:08 PM

Okay, not going to hate on you :D goto ticketassasin.com and try to weasel your way out of it. They will tell/show you how to get out of any ticket you get pretty much. Next time do not pass a cop, and please have some respect for all Peace Officers. I know it's a pain to get pulled over, stereotyped, messed with for bull crap things. Have some respect though, that's all I ask of you.

-Gio

Egan 01-19-2006 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=WRXakaBooSTi]i did make her job too easy didnt i... i gambled n loss... 1am, everyones going fast, non chp on freeway, didnt expect her to go after me... BAM, i got screwed! so suggestions on how to get out of this thing?[/QUOTE]

Put yourself in the cop's position. It's 1:00AM and someone just flies past you. My first thought would be: "what moron passes a cop on the freeway?" My second thought would be: "a drunk moron and/or someone who is not paying attention to the road." Once she went to the trouble of pulling you over it didn't matter if you were sober, she was going to write you a ticket just out of disrespect.

As for getting out of it, since she could not accurately measure your speed you can argue that she had no idea how fast you were going. The judge will ask you how fast you were going - which was clearly faster than the cop. Tell him 70mph. You won't get out of the ticket, but it might lower the fine if the judge accepts your plea.

WRXakaBooSTi 01-19-2006 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=East Bay STI]Okay, not going to hate on you :D goto ticketassasin.com and try to weasel your way out of it. They will tell/show you how to get out of any ticket you get pretty much. Next time do not pass a cop, and please have some respect for all Peace Officers. I know it's a pain to get pulled over, stereotyped, messed with for bull crap things. Have some respect though, that's all I ask of you.

-Gio[/QUOTE]

well put good man. its still hard to respect officers who job is to pull people over for traffic violations. i think about times when my friends parents have been pulled over at speed traps for going litterally less than 5mph over the speed limit. those incidents along with this one, make it very hard for me to respect their line of work. but i guess somebody has to do the job... just not a job id ever want to have to take on.

STi-owns-evo 01-19-2006 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=WillisW555]I have to concur with 02BlackWRX.

1. You knew you were speeding
2. You saw the cop
3. You passed the cop exceeding the speed limit
4. You got a ticket

The only thing you can do to fight it is to go to court and hope he doesn't show. I've heard though, that if you lose in court, you CAN'T go to traffic school and you'll get a bump in you insurance from the point.[/QUOTE]

I've gone to court, lost, and got traffic school. If many people in the court room don't, I'm surprised because the judge was being a dick to me and making fun of me because I was the only teenager there.