i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   So I went to stevens creek subaru today... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/so-i-went-stevens-creek-subaru-today-157477/)

joltdudeuc 02-23-2007 04:37 PM

So I went to stevens creek subaru today...

To pick up a MAF sensor (Thanks to Roo for pointing me in right direction).

Of course, there is NO customer parking. There is no "hi" "hello", no real sense that you are a customer of theirs.

Surprisingly though, the heyennas stayed away. Too busy talk and laughing amongst themselves at their desks. (only one guy was outside caterring to customers).

I went in, found parts, and waited in line.

When my turn came up, the guy said "picking up parts?" I said "Yep, here's the part number".

He punches it in, and says "Mass Air Flow Meter?" and I said "yep". He then looks again, and then looks to me an says "Where'd you get this part number??"

I said "I know it by heart..."

Gagan 1, Stevens Creek 0

You see, the part number for that MAF sensor, no one in parts would ever tell it you. They tell you that you must buy the Sensor with a new housing... different part number, costs like $320+tax. They wouldn't ever mention that you could buy JUST the sensor for $60+tax. He knew that i wasn't just some regular subaru customer of theirs (even asked if i had an account thinking I might be a wholesale dude).

Overall, I think my sales experience there was the best it's ever been. I didn't get hassled, i got what i needed, it wasn't marked up, and I made my exit.

I was kinda hope someone WOULD try to make a sales pitch... I'd like to have them tell me all about that turbo 2.5i... ;)

-Gagan

zumnwrx 02-23-2007 04:41 PM

what? 60 bucks! dude what sensor is this? is it the one that hooks to the header?

joltdudeuc 02-23-2007 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]what? 60 bucks! dude what sensor is this? is it the one that hooks to the header?[/QUOTE]
sure
;)

stg2lgcy00 02-23-2007 05:02 PM

Nice! I should go by there sometime with a super specific part# and see what they say. Acutally right now I need the little circular rubber thingy that is in the radiator support where the hood prop is mounted at the bottom. Next time I'm in the area I'll go ask for one and see if they try to get me to buy a whole new hood prop.

Unit 91 02-23-2007 06:10 PM

I don't understand why they [i]wouldn't[/i] give you the part number. I've never had a problem handing them out like candy. You need one? You got it.

I understand that one part makes them more than the other, but I still think it's silly.

subie OCD 02-23-2007 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=Unit 91]I don't understand why they [i]wouldn't[/i] give you the part number. I've never had a problem handing them out like candy. You need one? You got it.

I understand that one part makes them more than the other, but I still think it's silly.[/QUOTE]
Can you post or PM me the part # for the stock wrx donut gasket and midpipe gasket?

Thanks!!

ucbsti 02-23-2007 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=zumnwrx]what? 60 bucks! dude what sensor is this? is it the one that hooks to the header?[/QUOTE]

yeah...its right next to the blinker fluid reservoir

raazin 02-23-2007 07:04 PM

thanks for sharing your story. cheers&ENJOY!!

soggynoodles 02-23-2007 07:09 PM

:rotfl: Damn Zumn haha

dan avoN7 02-23-2007 07:26 PM

last time I checked a Mass Air Flow sensor wasn't in the exhaust ;)

SnoHumper 02-23-2007 08:25 PM

whenever i went in there to buy parts i turned the monitor the guy was looking for the part on cuz he didn't even know wtf i was talkin about.. i had to point out the numbers lol

suby_dude 02-23-2007 09:50 PM

i remember the 1st time i met gagan he wanted to go to steven's creek and picket w/ signs !

now he's giving them his hard earned dough.

how times change ;)

-sd

joltdudeuc 02-23-2007 09:59 PM

desperate times call for desperate measures...

Greg said "um, you got lube?" "What for?" "you're gonna need lube to go to this place. they have 13." and I pretty much knew it was stevens creek.

I still want to picket that place.

-Gagan

suby_dude 02-23-2007 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=joltdudeuc]

I still want to picket that place.

-Gagan[/QUOTE]

haha

call me i'll bring my camera

-sd

STiYLIN 02-24-2007 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=dan avoN7]last time I checked a Mass Air Flow sensor wasn't in the exhaust ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's right next to the muffler bearings...