i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   So I finally got pulled over. Hood popped, Exhaust checked... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/so-i-finally-got-pulled-over-hood-popped-exhaust-checked-159971/)

A.V.E. 03-29-2007 02:56 PM

ive been sent to the state ref last year for loud exhaust and an intake.

i basically put my car back to stock, besides turbo/ inj/ pump/ up pipe/ inlet hose.

i was pretty much back to stock but when i went to the wyotech ref, they said they couldnt run any test since i still had my gauges in and turbo timer.

my best advice to you is try and put everything back to stock, cuz theyre being a lot more anal about things now. ive also learned to take your car to the alameda ref, they seem to be more easy going over there.

good luck with everything

VRT Gump 03-29-2007 02:58 PM

maybe we should get a meet together to help you put everything back to stock. or close.

I dont have much time to spare, but if I can help, I will

oh, and sorry about the other post again. wrong thread.

SubyN00by 03-29-2007 02:58 PM

hmmm, what did they say about the turbo timer, I got pulled over the other night and the cop asked if I had a turbo timer...

slagehammer 03-29-2007 03:15 PM

I don't have a turbo timer.. but I have two 52mm gauges mounted on my a-pillar. AEM UEGO wideband gauge and boost gauge. I also have a datalogger mounted on the steering column, and an SAFC-2 mounted below the radio.

Sharky 03-29-2007 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=SubyN00by]hmmm, what did they say about the turbo timer, I got pulled over the other night and the cop asked if I had a turbo timer...[/QUOTE]

i dont think turbo timers are illegal.... its sopposed to increase the life of your turbo, doesnt really give it any benefits or "upgrades" just warms your car up and cools it off before you turn it on/off

It might have been him trying to get you to admit you did stuff to it... therefore admit more mods...etc.... common tactic.

SubyN00by 03-29-2007 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Sharky]i dont think turbo timers are illegal.... its sopposed to increase the life of your turbo, doesnt really give it any benefits or "upgrades" just warms your car up and cools it off before you turn it on/off

It might have been him trying to get you to admit you did stuff to it... therefore admit more mods...etc.... common tactic.[/QUOTE]
yeah, that's why I was like, what's that? haha

Sharky 03-29-2007 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=SubyN00by]yeah, that's why I was like, what's that? haha[/QUOTE]

Hahahha +5 points to you!
playing stupid FTW

i swear the most effective tactic we have against em.

slagehammer 03-29-2007 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=A.V.E.]

i was pretty much back to stock but when i went to the wyotech ref, they said they couldnt run any test since i still had my gauges in and turbo timer.
[/QUOTE]

So were you able to go back home and fix it, then come back another time?

A.V.E. 03-29-2007 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=slagehammer]So were you able to go back home and fix it, then come back another time?[/QUOTE]

ya, i told them that has nothing to do with emissions, but they insisted that i remove them.

i never went back to wyotech, instead i went to evergreen in SJ.

-Ave

SubyN00by 03-29-2007 03:54 PM

I put a call in to the local CHP office, he said he didn't know anything about turbo timers or what they were, but then again, he hadn't taken the advanced emissions class yet either. He took my name and phone number and said he'd have someone else give me a call about concerning turbo timers and their legality.

I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

slagehammer 03-29-2007 04:18 PM

If you don't mind... could you ask the next person about their take on air cone filters and blow off valves?

I can't believe i got cited for emmisions when my BOV does not effect that. (technically open loop it does... but if i circulate it then its as good as stock, if not better)

the filter is BS too... where can I get a CARB sticker?

VR4 03-29-2007 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=Jake]I got pulled over for greddy evo exhaust...supposedly if u modify your exhaust in anyway its illegal. even if its just the tip or full exhaust.[/QUOTE]

not true. the cops there just like to use that as an excuse to pull someone over so many think they are illegal.

ill be helping john get his car back to as stock as possible and tuning it for the ref. ive already told him the stock y-pipe and bov go back in to avoid the urge for the ref to dig deeper after seeing those aftermarket parts. stock downpipe and cat go in. im gonna tune the 550s for emissions and put the egr back in for him when i go down there.

fingers crossed he will come out clean of this bull****.

stylin525 03-29-2007 05:54 PM

lol

just dont go and pay the fine. Not sure how much it is, but im guessing 200 or under.
Im not even going to waste my time at a state ref if i get one.

BoxerRumble 03-29-2007 05:56 PM

Eh, happens all the time, sorry you got unlucky. It's like speeders, they can't catch everyone. They do this not because they want to be dicks, they just want to get them street racers off the street. I can't wait to sell my catback and intake for fsb and rims.

BoxerRumble 03-29-2007 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=stylin525]just dont go and pay the fine. Not sure how much it is, but im guessing 200 or under.
Im not even going to waste my time at a state ref if i get one.[/QUOTE]

you sir, are a baller.